James Young | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

James Young

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise to have him anounce the CUSE and come to Friday Nights Mid-Night Madness...Why go to KY and possibly have to play behind the Harrison Duo....that Calipari is just loaded with talent in a lack luster conference when it comes to BB...I say Young will go elsewhere.
What will be interesting is when his current team only sends 2 guranteed first.rounders to the draft. His 12 class is good... Not great.

I think it bodes well us that he is coming to MM.
Yes, I agree. I think most of the reported visitors will end up orange. Just a feeling.

Yes, I agree. I think most of the reported visitors will end up orange. Just a feeling.
I hope so, sans bj Johnson (sorry bud) but that would mean we missed on someone..

Welp Young really couldn't slurp Kentucky much harder in interviews. And honestly, from listening to him, I don't mind too much he ain't coming.

He even says he only wants to go to school for one year, wouldn't be too invested.

I hope so, sans bj Johnson (sorry bud) but that would mean we missed on someone..
Yeah, kind of thinking the same thing. The 2014 guys would be huge.

Even without the information that Jake and Francis have passed along, all signs point to UK. The kid has loved them forever and he has only taken two visits, one to UK. All the talk is about how he can fit in with the Harrisons and Julius Randle and possibly Wiggins. The kid is blue. I really hope Julius Randle goes somewhere else, because I think he is the key to that class. Without him, they will have a bunch of super talented wings, but no balance. Randle is a beast and his presence in the post would allow the rest of that crew do what they do best.
Too bad if that is the case, can you imagine the egos on this KY squad if the land on top of what they already have, Randle, Young and another top caliber player like a Selden. Rediculous, I have to say. Hard enough with the bobsy twins who will always want to be playing together, guess we'll have to see, but we haven't faired well when it comes to anouncing on ESPNU. I would rather see the kid go play with Izzo than Calimari! LOL

Too bad if that is the case, can you imagine the egos on this KY squad if the land on top of what they already have, Randle, Young and another top caliber player like a Selden. Rediculous, I have to say. Hard enough with the bobsy twins who will always want to be playing together, guess we'll have to see, but we haven't faired well when it comes to anouncing on ESPNU. I would rather see the kid go play with Izzo than Calimari! LOL
I would like nothing more than for UK to lose out on every recruit that they covet, but the way things are now, they will get alot of top notch recruits. I just hope that the pieces don't fit together like they did this past year. I think it is very difficult to put together a squad full of freshman, no matter how talented, and have them be unselfish enough to win a championship. That is why I hope they don't get Randle, the rest of the guys do much of the same thing. Wiggins is amazing, and I truly hope we have a shot at him, but if they have the Harrisons, Young and Wiggins, they lack a post man. They would run alot of teams off the floor, but when the tournament came along, they would run into teams with good defense and they would struggle.

Echoing Francis information, but I'm hearing Young is a UK lock as well. Not surprised.

FYI. I heard Roberson's visit went well - (when don't they?). Rysheed Jordan is a prime target, we may be in decent shape here. Keep your eyes on Noah Vonleh as well and pray that Wiggins reclassifies - if that happens, we are in the mix.

Are you saying that if Wiggins reclassifies we have a shot with him or more so with Vonleh? Do you think Ennis has any pull with Wiggins, get him to take a deeper look at the Cuse? Just wondering, thanks for the insight.

Even without the information that Jake and Francis have passed along, all signs point to UK. The kid has loved them forever and he has only taken two visits, one to UK. All the talk is about how he can fit in with the Harrisons and Julius Randle and possibly Wiggins. The kid is blue. I really hope Julius Randle goes somewhere else, because I think he is the key to that class. Without him, they will have a bunch of super talented wings, but no balance. Randle is a beast and his presence in the post would allow the rest of that crew do what they do best.
The most interesting school to me is Florida. Like Kentucky they already have 2 top 10 prospects. They also have Jabari Parker and Julius Randle listing them as finalist. Plus word is Randle loved his recent visit to Florida. Would love to see Donovan give Cal a taste of his own medicine.

He'll announce Kentucky tomorrow. Not a big deal for us, Jordan or Selden are bigger needs imo.
Hate losing out on a talent like this, but so glad that we can delete a thread from this forum. Been too confused about who is who and who stands where.

Our chances are currently better with Jordan than Selden at the moment.
Boo! Kill the messenger!

The most interesting school to me is Florida. Like Kentucky they already have 2 top 10 prospects. They also have Jabari Parker and Julius Randle listing them as finalist. Plus word is Randle loved his recent visit to Florida. Would love to see Donovan give Cal a taste of his own medicine.
Always hoped that if Hop were to get tired of waiting, bolt from SU and not take over after JB ... that we could lure Donovan from that we-only-really-care-about-football school. One of my favorite coaches. Seems to be going to waste @ Florida.

Always hoped that if Hop were to get tired of waiting, bolt from SU and not take over after JB ... that we could lure Donovan from that we-only-really-care-about-football school. One of my favorite coaches. Seems to be going to waste @ Florida.
yeah. he'd give up more sunshine and money to come here.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

It couldn't be a bidding war now Francis, could it:D

yeah. he'd give up more sunshine and money to come here.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
1) I would think that by then, with the added ACC money, that we could easily match Florida for compensation, considering bball is SU's golden goose. Not mentioning the perks of our fan-base & tradition, and not being in the SEC.
2) as JB always reminds everyone; there are only two seasons in Syracuse... Summer, and Basketball... and Syracuse summers > Florida summers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom