James Young | Syracusefan.com

James Young

brian williams

Scout Team
Zags says Coach B is visiting James Young at home next week. He must believe he has a shot at landing Young or he wouldn't waste his valuable time. What does everyone else think about Young?

Bingo!
Young would be good...but question...seems like numerous commitments are being made to various schools but aside from Ennis our recruiting seems to have gotten very slow...is this because of the high level of talent we are going after--seems like we should know by now who want 'Cuse?!

Young would be good...but question...seems like numerous commitments are being made to various schools but aside from Ennis our recruiting seems to have gotten very slow...is this because of the high level of talent we are going after--seems like we should know by now who want 'Cuse?!

No reason other then recruits are being advised or told to wait, we need some activity soon...just seems other top schools are not having the same issues.

Do I detect the wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth over the Syracuse recruitment process this season? Me thinks so...

All of the current targets are being heavily pursued by other schools. Kids are currently making visits and we should have a better idea of our chances eventually. Things are looking good with Roberson but Kentucky as usual worries me.

I would have to think Kentucky will get either Lawerence or Roberson but not both, but is one option A or B for them?

I would have to think Kentucky will get either Lawerence or Roberson but not both, but is one option A or B for them?

I hope this is the case but Kentucky is basically replaceing almost the entire roster year in and year out. Its a huge advantage for them with elite talent. They may have a role player here and there and 1 or 2 Soph coming back but thats usually it. So they can take 2 or 3 forwards and tell them they will all play big minutes which they will. They are getting 1 seeds, major exposure and then putting a vast majority of their guys into the NBA. If you are recruiting top 30ish guys against Kentucky then its going to be very tough.

Its a shame but I doubt anything will be done about it.

All of the current targets are being heavily pursued by other schools. Kids are currently making visits and we should have a better idea of our chances eventually. Things are looking good with Roberson but Kentucky as usual worries me.
never seen Young in person... looks like he can shoot the lights out... handle looks suspect... how is it?

never seen Young in person... looks like he can shoot the lights out... handle looks suspect... how is it?
Terrific scorer with great range on his shot. Handle is decent as he can get into the lane and finish inside, but probably can improve by being more aggressive taking it to the rack instead of falling in love with the jumper.

He is another lefty without a right hand but stated he is working on his right which is a good thing. JB loves having at least one lefty on the team. If a defender forgets the scouting report it's an easy 2pts.

Irrespective of how likely we are to actually get him, Young is one of the guys in this class I would most like to see in a Syracuse jersey. I think his game compliments what we already have very well.

Irrespective of how likely we are to actually get him, Young is one of the guys in this class I would most like to see in a Syracuse jersey. I think his game compliments what we already have very well.

I agree 6'6 shooter at the top of the zone is always a plus but we another guard that can play some point and that his not him.

I agree 6'6 shooter at the top of the zone is always a plus but we another guard that can play some point and that his not him.
I agree, he would be a great addition, but I would prefer Wayne Selden in this class and Rashad Vaughn in the 2014 class...then again, who wouldn't want those two or Young for that matter. We are very lucky to be in the hunt for such talented young men.

I think Young can play the bottom of the zone.

If you put any three of Coleman, Keita, Christmas, Fair, Grant on the court at the same time the paint starts to look very crowded on offense, but, if you have Young and Cooney on the floor stretching defenses those above mentioned guys will be able to do damage inside.

I think Young can play the bottom of the zone.

If you put any three of Coleman, Keita, Christmas, Fair, Grant on the court at the same time the paint starts to look very crowded on offense, but, if you have Young and Cooney on the floor stretching defenses those above mentioned guys will be able to do damage inside.

Fair will be a senior and will eat up 30 mins at SF and Mike Gbinije would play the SF before Young IMO. We someone who can play some pg.

Fair will be a senior and will eat up 30 mins at SF and Mike Gbinije would play the SF before Young IMO. We someone who can play some pg.

Young is not that guy. He's no point. I want him for his ability to stretch the D and provide spacing to our offense.

I may be wrong but I don think we are going to get a commitment from a guard anytime soon. I just dont see why anybody would commit knowing we have MCW, Ennis, Cooney, and Gbinije already in the fold. After the season starts, if it looks like MCW is going to leave early, then I can see us getting a late commit from a guard, but right now we dont have any PT to offer, even to a very good guard.

Young is not that guy. He's no point. I want him for his ability to stretch the D and provide spacing to our offense.

I may be wrong but I don think we are going to get a commitment from a guard anytime soon. I just dont see why anybody would commit knowing we have MCW, Ennis, Cooney, and Gbinije already in the fold. After the season starts, if it looks like MCW is going to leave early, then I can see us getting a late commit from a guard, but right now we dont have any PT to offer, even to a very good guard.

I for one believe MCW is as good as gone. He is older than Dion Waiters by 2 months because he stayed in HS an extra year. If I am right Ennis will be playing 40mins a game without a back-up point!

Flynn played 40min a game as a frosh through BE play. I'd hate to have to see any PG do that again let alone a freshman.

I for one believe MCW is as good as gone. He is older than Dion Waiters by 2 months because he stayed in HS an extra year. If I am right Ennis will be playing 40mins a game without a back-up point!

If you are right (and there is certainly a chance you are) I guarantee Syracuse ends up with another highly regarded freshman (maybe Seldon, who would be my preference). But to say MCW is as good as gone before he has played a single meaningful college minute is putting the cart before the horse. There is no reason for a high school senior guard to rush a commitment to Syracuse. There will be plenty of time to sign on the dotted line after MCW has proven on the court that he is ready to jump to the NBA. I would not hold my breath for a guard to commit to SU before the basketball season starts.

If you are right (and there is certainly a chance you are) I guarantee Syracuse ends up with another highly regarded freshman (maybe Seldon, who would be my preference). But to say MCW is as good as gone before he has played a single meaningful college minute is putting the cart before the horse. There is no reason for a high school senior guard to rush a commitment to Syracuse. There will be plenty of time to sign on the dotted line after MCW has proven on the court that he is ready to jump to the NBA. I would not hold my breath for a guard to commit to SU before the basketball season starts.

I agree 100% but from what I have read several NBA scouts were wowed by MCW after viewing him in SU practices last year.

Personally if we get Selden we can move on to 2014 as far as I'm concerned.

I agree 100% but from what I have read several NBA scouts were wowed by MCW after viewing him in SU practices last year.

Personally if we get Selden we can move on to 2014 as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, full force ahead for Selden! If that falls through...we will still be alright, I believe Ennis can handle the load by himself. Anything else is a luxury

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom