James Young | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

James Young

Yea, can only help with Roberson. UK is running out of ships. I also believe we will get rysheed
I like Jordan's athleticism, I would love to get Wayne Selden though. Have you seen a video where Jordan shot a jump shot? Roberson would be a good get and there are other great forwards still on the board with serious interest in SU.

I like Jordan's athleticism, I would love to get Wayne Selden though. Have you seen a video where Jordan shot a jump shot? Roberson would be a good get and there are other great forwards still on the board with serious interest in SU.
I saw one video, him vs. rondae where he takes a few jumpers. Something he definitely needs to work on.

Announcing tomorrow on espnu at 5-6pm
Good get...here is the ESPN confirmation that tomorrow at 5 PM on ESPNU
Dave Telep
No. 5 James Young is announcing on ESPNU tomorrow. UK, Syracuse, Kansas, Michigan State. @PaulBiancardi @ESPNU 5pm. Be there.
Question, has he visited 'Cuse yet? Otherwise it is going to be a No...

I wouldn't lock him into UK, cuz both the other schools probably offer what a poster said to be a one year guy.

And him not choosing SU isn't a dire problem. Remember, Michael Gbinije, the transfer from Duke, becomes eligible next year. He's a 6'6" SG also, who was "only" rated as the 35th best player in his class. Not exactly a bare cupboard.

Kev

He'll announce Kentucky tomorrow. Not a big deal for us, Jordan or Selden are bigger needs imo.

He'll announce Kentucky tomorrow. Not a big deal for us, Jordan or Selden are bigger needs imo.

Ok, I guess that pretty much wraps it up. On to Jordan and Selden it is!

Also it seems we've cooled on Brandon Austin. Staff must know something.

Also it seems we've cooled on Brandon Austin. Staff must know something.
Yeah, he is a good prospect, so it bodes well if they are letting him go.

what does that mean...i thought austin and jordan may be a duo?
edowd said that it seems that we have cooled on Austin. He and I agreed that if that is indeed the case, it would appear that it means that the staff is very confident in landing a prospect that they hold in higher regard. I have no information to support this, just speculating on the comment from edowd.

edowd said that it seems that we have cooled on Austin. He and I agreed that if that is indeed the case, it would appear that it means that the staff is very confident in landing a prospect that they hold in higher regard. I have no information to support this, just speculating on the comment from edowd.
thank you...but would that affect Jordan...????

Echoing Francis information, but I'm hearing Young is a UK lock as well. Not surprised.

FYI. I heard Roberson's visit went well - (when don't they?). Rysheed Jordan is a prime target, we may be in decent shape here. Keep your eyes on Noah Vonleh as well and pray that Wiggins reclassifies - if that happens, we are in the mix.

thank you...but would that affect Jordan...????
I have no idea how that affects Jordan, but it seemed like their interest in playing for the same school wasn't very strong. From what Francis and Jake have said, we're persuing Jordan very hard.

Here's where I saw that we had cooled. And temple is the only school involved with both.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/austin-to-visit-providence-uconn/
Ah, thanks for the link. I saw a comment on some article where the poster said that Jordan would be going to Temple. I have no idea of the credibility of the poster, but they have some things going for them. It all comes down to the type of program he wants to play for. If he wants to be part of a national championship contender, year in and year out, with a chance to compete for playing time against top notch competition, then SU is the place. If he wants to play immediately, in his home town, with his friends, then Temple it is.

nope. Only UK and msu I believe.
Wouldn't it be a nice surprise to have him anounce the CUSE and come to Friday Nights Mid-Night Madness...Why go to KY and possibly have to play behind the Harrison Duo....that Calipari is just loaded with talent in a lack luster conference when it comes to BB...I say Young will go elsewhere.

Wouldn't it be a nice surprise to have him anounce the CUSE and come to Friday Nights Mid-Night Madness...Why go to KY and possibly have to play behind the Harrison Duo....that Calipari is just loaded with talent in a lack luster conference when it comes to BB...I say Young will go elsewhere.

IF he goes elsewhere, its Mich St.

Ah, thanks for the link. I saw a comment on some article where the poster said that Jordan would be going to Temple. I have no idea of the credibility of the poster, but they have some things going for them. It all comes down to the type of program he wants to play for. If he wants to be part of a national championship contender, year in and year out, with a chance to compete for playing time against top notch competition, then SU is the place. If he wants to play immediately, in his home town, with his friends, then Temple it is.
I think it bodes well us that he is coming to MM.

Even without the information that Jake and Francis have passed along, all signs point to UK. The kid has loved them forever and he has only taken two visits, one to UK. All the talk is about how he can fit in with the Harrisons and Julius Randle and possibly Wiggins. The kid is blue. I really hope Julius Randle goes somewhere else, because I think he is the key to that class. Without him, they will have a bunch of super talented wings, but no balance. Randle is a beast and his presence in the post would allow the rest of that crew do what they do best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom