Class of 2024 - January Official Visits List | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 January Official Visits List

I might have to tell all those people that i’ve told it’s impossible to recruit high end talent to Syracuse that I was wrong, that you can bring in talent to Syracuse for football. Who would have figured? Nothing against Dino, but I do sometimes wonder what he thinks about all this?
Without the moderate success of the last few years under Dino, this doesn't happen.

Fran can sell the fact we've had a top 15 ranking, a 10 win season, and know it CAN be done in this era because it has.

Without the moderate success of the last few years under Dino, this doesn't happen.

Fran can sell the fact we've had a top 15 ranking, a 10 win season, and know it CAN be done in this era because it has.
I completely agree. Dino had tons of shortcomings but ultimately got the program a 10-win season and back-to-back bowls in 22 and 23. When they played top teams the program stunk but generally he was a .500 coach which provided a bit of stability and the springboard for Fran.

Not disputing that, but back to the point, I don’t think even those with the darkest shade of orange colored glasses would have thought recruiting at this level would be possible. I’ve said it myself, and we’ve seen the same recruiting challenges mentioned on this board time and time again. Out of all the potential coaching candidates I can’t think of anyone else who could have made this happen.

Did Tyreek Chappell visit this weekend?

There was no mention of him.

Not disputing that, but back to the point, I don’t think even those with the darkest shade of orange colored glasses would have thought recruiting at this level would be possible. I’ve said it myself, and we’ve seen the same recruiting challenges mentioned on this board time and time again. Out of all the potential coaching candidates I can’t think of anyone else who could have made this happen.
I thought it was possible, but thought we'd need to install the systems and thrive with those before the recruiting would catch up.

I did not anticipate the recruiting taking a leap as the first thing.

I thought it was possible, but thought we'd need to install the systems and thrive with those before the recruiting would catch up.

I did not anticipate the recruiting taking a leap as the first thing.

Yup I thought when Dino was hired it would take him a year or two to properly install his offense. Then once he had Syracuse regularly a top 10 offense then the recruiting would start to pick up.

Like Field of Dreams I thought we had to build it and then they will come.

I don’t believe he did. Hopefully we’ll hear something this week.

Yeah, it seems like they made it a point to have all the linemen OV this weekend, and next weekend it’ll be the skill guys.

Which kinda makes sense -
You’d hope they’d bond together, and when it’s a mix of commits and prospects, then maybe the prospects want to get in on the action.

Fran & ERob are 5th degree black belt Ninjas at crootin.

#FRANchise.

I for one am buying any stock Fran is selling! I always believed we could recruit better, but FB delivered, and keeps on delivering, like the energizer bunny. Just as impressive to me, and I may of missed this, is Fran is not only recruiting our needs at a high level, I think he nailed it on the head with the coaches he has brought in, not to mention his drive and commitment! Does this man ever sleep?

I haven't heard anything other than Humes who was announced a while ago.
This weekend seems to be the defensive backfield weekend. So, hopefully Chappell and others are coming. I wouldn't bet against Fran and Co., in bringing in Chappell, Harris...and others.

This weekend seems to be the defensive backfield weekend. So, hopefully Chappell and others are coming. I wouldn't bet against Fran and Co., in bringing in Chappell, Harris...and others.
I'm never betting against Fran and Co. Ever again

Is there only McDaniels and Humes for this weekend? We’re always onto next weekend in this new recruiting world we’re living in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom