Jay Wright Retiring | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright Retiring

apply whatever metrics. no comparison. wright is the better coach. JB don't even compete.
Jay Wright in the Big East w/Cuse (2001-2013): 0 Conference Tournament Titles, 1 Regular Season Title
W/O Cuse (2014-2022): 5 Conference Tournament Titles, 7 Regular Season Titles

Not taking anything away from him but really went into a different stratosphere in the new era of the Big East.

I’ll forever be salty that they get “blue blood” status now and their 2 titles in 3 years. Still kills me we had a legit shot to do that and didn’t get a fair shake of it (Arinze and Fab).

If the 76ers lose to Toronto, Doc Rivers will likely be gone.

I wonder.
most definitely gone if they collapse against Toronto - I think the only way his job is safe for sure is if he makes the conference finals

Last edited by a moderator:
most definitely gone if they collapse against Toronto - I think the only way his job is safe for sure is if he makes the conference finals
The city will go crazy if the Sixers lose this series.

WIP Radio has been blasting Rivers all season.

I find it hard to believe he survives if they give up a 3-0 lead in the series.

I wonder if they would approach Jay Wright.

The city will go crazy if the Sixers lose this series.

WIP Radio has been blasting Rivers all season.

I find it hard to believe he survives if they give up a 3-0 lead in the series.

I wonder if they would approach Jay Wright.
I think it's even money that if they blow the 3-0 lead, Rivers gets fired and yes, they approach Jay Wright. And it wouldn't be a bad starting job for him either.

Not sure that is the case. Have a look at the whole career and think about the “don’t even compete” comment. Lots of 1st round exits mixed in with the deep runs.

Cuse
hey the past is past . let's talk today. i no longer care what JB did in the late 80's. derrick and pearl walked out that door a long time ago. we're way past those big east glory days. you wanna argue JB USED TO BE great ? sure i'd agree. he had great talent. you wanna argue he's still great today ? he's clearly not competing at an elite level . and as opposed to say a villanovas jay wright who's GREAT today and retiring at the top of his game ? i just don't the see any comparison . and the TWO titles aside nobody in the sports world thinks JB is currently on jay wrights level. only the JB blinder crowd could fail to grasp that fact. and now we see one guy is retiring after a final 4 and the other who finished sub 500 wants a contract extension to eternity. give me a break. boeheim's sole strength these days is his longevity. he has records due to 44 plus years at one university. some people clearly can't part from the past days. wake up !

(if you polled a knowledgeable crowd tonite "who'd you prefer as your college coach ..."
results ?????? not pretty for JB)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom