Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now. | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now.

cuse522

2nd String
Obviously Jay Wright isn't the answer for Villanova. Huge choke job as a favorite. They've only made it to one Sweet Sixteen in the last seven years. They're in a downward spiral, winning a full FIVE fewer tournament games this year as opposed to last year. Villanova should push him out so they can expedite the transition to the future of Wildcats basketball.

Last year's championship was just a mirage that masks the downward trend of their program since making the Sweet Sixteen four out of five years from 04-05 through 07-08.

Their recruiting is in a dangerous spot, too. They only have three commits for next year, and one of them is a TWO-star.

Sorry, Jay, but you need to leave right now before things get any worse and it's tough for Villanova to rebuild to the glory of yesteryear.

Wow. What a complete and utter troll job. You can't do better than that?

I'm trying to make a very specific point. People are overreacting like crazy around here. My post is clearly sarcastic, but everyone (not just you) who wants JB gone immediately or who claims we're in a horrible downward spiral thinks those things are rational. They're only slightly closer to rational than my clearly sarcastic post.

classic.gif

So send me a PM. You're coming off as a complete jack@$$.

I did just now, and I'll repeat the sentiment in here... even though I obviously was referring to your post title, I wasn't trying to single you out - I used arguments people have been making about Boeheim on this forum all week... The Final Four run being a mirage, downward spiral, recruiting, etc.

Didn't mean anything personal by it.

I did just now, and I'll repeat the sentiment in here... even though I obviously was referring to your post title, I wasn't trying to single you out - I used arguments people have been making about Boeheim on this forum all week... The Final Four run being a mirage, downward spiral, recruiting, etc.

Didn't mean anything personal by it.

That's such a joke. The same thread title? Come on. Now your stupid thread is going to get mine locked, and there's a ton of intelligent insight on both sides in there.

Instead of choosing to insert yourself into that conversation, you choose to pull a "look at me, look at how much of a jerk the other guy is" which accomplishes nothing.

That's such a joke. The same thread title? Come on. Now your stupid thread is going to get mine locked, and there's a ton of intelligent insight on both sides in there.

Instead of choosing to insert yourself into that conversation, you choose to pull a "look at me, look at how much of a jerk the other guy is" which accomplishes nothing.
well, if you think your thread is "accomplishing" something... um

Troll job? Only if a lot of our fans are trolls. Anyone offended by the post needs to consider how objective they are (from an outside perspective, we all already know your little inner voice is telling you how right you are).

So if my initial post in the other thread was reactionary in nature, which it certainly was, there's enough of a grain of truth in what I initially said there for it to span over six pages.

I'm trying to make a very specific point. People are overreacting like crazy around here. My post is clearly sarcastic, but everyone (not just you) who wants JB gone immediately or who claims we're in a horrible downward spiral thinks those things are rational. They're only slightly closer to rational than my clearly sarcastic post.
So what do you propose we do?

Allow Boeheim free reign? No timetable?

So far he's done nothing to give us any reason to believe his system works in the ACC. We've been a middle of the pack squad since joining which is beyond unacceptable.

So far he's given us no reason to believe recruiting will uptick. It's been steadily declining under his leadership (or lack thereof) aside from 1 or 2 potential NBA talents brought in per year, which should be the baseline for a program like ours.

If anything, comments from top recruits about JB and his style would lead anyone to believe we may not have hit rock bottom on the recruiting trail under him just yet.

Are we ever going to be ranked in the foreseeable future again? How is Syracuse rarely being in the Top 25 in basketball acceptable?

It's been 3 years of mediocrity with a noticeable decline in recruiting.

The Final Four was a band-aid on a hemhorraging program. We desperately need a new doctor.

Didn't you just do EXACTLY this except in your post, JB is the "other guy." Look in the mirror.

I didn't say anything condescending or inflammatory about JB in my post. Judging by the amount of people who responded, many people agreed with my stance. Many people didn't. It has nothing to do with me. I'm advocating for a stance I believe in. People disagree. Good. Intelligent banter is what makes this place great.

Not seeing your point.

well, if you think your thread is "accomplishing" something... um

I didn't say that my thread did. What I did say is that a thread started for the sole purpose of trolling another thread which is engaging in decent discussion accomplishes nothing.

So what do you propose we do?

Allow Boeheim free reign? No timetable?

What are you talking about? Where does the this no timetable thing come from?? This is the most established timetable in all of sports. You (and others) are the ones wanting to abandon the timetable to get rid of JB early.

What are you talking about? Where does the this no timetable thing come from?? This is the most established timetable in all of sports. You (and others) are the ones wanting to abandon the timetable to get rid of JB early.
Clearly it's not since teams are using it to recruit against us and fans/analysts wonder out loud when JB's last season will be and if Hop is the coach in waiting.

Did I say we should get rid of him? I said that he, Boeheim should do the program a favor and retire NOW. No one has said anything about forcing him out or abandoning a timeline. I (and many others) have said that there would be a benefit of him speeding up his own timeline.

People need to take an objective evaluation of their own position. Everyone who wants JB to leave now is suggesting abandoning the well established plan to have him leave a year early. No bones about it: you are proposing that he be fired.

41 year career.
2010 - Reg Season Conference Champs, 1 seed, Sweet 16
2011 - 3 seed, 2nd Round
2012 - Reg Season Conference Champs, 1 seed, Elite 8 - best record in school history
2013 - 4 seed, Final Four
2014 - 3 seed, 2nd Round
2015 - Banned
2016 - 10 seed, Final Four
2017 - NIT, calls for coach to be fired.

Holy sheet. I pity Hopkins. You'd have to be a fool to take that job.

Since the Tyler Ennis miracle shot at Pitt we are 31-31 in the ACC. No ACCT wins. The Dayton tourney loss. A miracle F4 run masked some major problems. We have a self-ban (likely NIT) and an NIT berth sprinkled in there as well. Yeah, we're good with JB. :bang:

People need to take an objective evaluation of their own position. Everyone who wants JB to leave now is suggesting abandoning the well established plan to have him leave a year early. No bones about it: you are proposing that he be fired.

41 year career.
2010 - Reg Season Conference Champs, 1 seed, Sweet 16
2011 - 3 seed, 2nd Round
2012 - Reg Season Conference Champs, 1 seed, Elite 8 - best record in school history
2013 - 4 seed, Final Four
2014 - 3 seed, 2nd Round
2015 - Banned
2016 - 10 seed, Final Four
2017 - NIT, calls for coach to be fired.

Holy sheet. I pity Hopkins. You'd have to be a fool to take that job.

You're wrong. I did not and have not once said in the thread I made that I want him to be fired. I think JB should take inventory and leave early. That's my stance. Now you're putting words in my mouth that I absolutely did not say.