Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now.

I pray this is the case in regard to the OP! This means we can go hard after Jay Wright and replace him with Jim Boeheim and his 42 losses the past three years. 42 losses!!!!! Also, his 2 whiffs on the NCAA Tournament. Jay Wright on the other hand we can bring in who has lost 11 games the past three years and fresh off winning a national championship. FIRE.

One whiff, one self-ban. There's a huge difference. We've missed the tournament once in that span, by one spot.

Where is our top rated recruited class like we had in 2008?
Flynn/Scoop/Greene/Jackson were all freshman we all knew it wouldn't be easy that year. They had all the hype and were young. We lost Devo in nonconference play.

2007-2008 we all saw potential with young guards and bigs.
We have no guards outside of Battle now like then.

To equate these situations similarly is to bury your head in sand. Our recruiting has stagnated. Go listen to Francis or RF.

We are for a tough road because JB doesn't recruit like he once did and we are in a transition.

It's a fair comparison because our recruiting is expected to be down right now due to NCAA penalties and the stain on the program from the investigation and all of that stuff.

Obviously Jay Wright isn't the answer for Villanova. Huge choke job as a favorite. They've only made it to one Sweet Sixteen in the last seven years. They're in a downward spiral, winning a full FIVE fewer tournament games this year as opposed to last year. Villanova should push him out so they can expedite the transition to the future of Wildcats basketball.

Last year's championship was just a mirage that masks the downward trend of their program since making the Sweet Sixteen four out of five years from 04-05 through 07-08.

Their recruiting is in a dangerous spot, too. They only have three commits for next year, and one of them is a TWO-star.

Sorry, Jay, but you need to leave right now before things get any worse and it's tough for Villanova to rebuild to the glory of yesteryear.

Not even good as "sarcasm."
Wright has been there, what, 16 years? At the same point in JB's career, JB was coming off a round of 32 loss, and then we were ineligible/on probation. Wright's coming off a National Championship and a season ranked in the top 5 and a No. 1 seed. Apples and Wombats. Give Jay Wright time. We used to 'flame-out' early a lot, too. After 40 years, schtuff balances out.

I want Hop to take over sooner than later as I'm tired of the mediocrity, but I was glad Nova lost today. Too many of our fans think Jay Wright is infallible. I suggested Gard out coached him today and you would have thought I was condemning their god.

Not even good as "sarcasm."
Wright has been there, what, 16 years? At the same point in JB's career, JB was coming off a round of 32 loss, and then we were ineligible/on probation. Wright's coming off a National Championship and a season ranked in the top 5 and a No. 1 seed. Apples and Wombats. Give Jay Wright time. We used to 'flame-out' early a lot, too. After 40 years, schtuff balances out.

The whole point of my sarcasm was that the truth is that Jay Wright is a very good coach. I don't disagree whatsoever, and "give Jay Wright time," is absurd in that he's already proven. He should basically be the coach at Villanova until he leaves of his own volition or has a few losing seasons in a row.

I want Hop to take over sooner than later as I'm tired of the mediocrity, but I was glad Nova lost today. Too many of our fans think Jay Wright is infallible. I suggested Gard out coached him today and you would have thought I was condemning their god.

I actually love Jay Wright, I think he's great, and I do look forward to seeing how our program transitions... But we should stick to the plan. It's in the best interest of the program to do so.

One whiff, one self-ban. There's a huge difference. We've missed the tournament once in that span, by one spot.

It's a fair comparison because our recruiting is expected to be down right now due to NCAA penalties and the stain on the program from the investigation and all of that stuff.
We have 2 less scholarships. We can recruit whoever we want.
We aren't recruiting outside the I-95 corridor. Mike Hopkins hasn't even gone down to NJ see Quinerly play yet.

Our staff isn't recruiting well. We don't have a PG. Blaming the sanctions is somewhat to blame but it's not as much as people claim.

We could have gotten Newton from Miami or Brunson from Nova and are staff completely neglected those guys.

Our problems are because of JB right now.
Another medicore year does nothing.

Hopkins being given the keys could reinvigorate recruiting as it would be his a$$ on the line not JB.

Gard did outcoach Wright today

Just saw Wright on the tube, outside the locker room. Composed and gracious in defeat, giving much credit to the Wisconsin players, particularly Hayes and Koenig, for making big plays at big moments.

There are many ither reasons Jay Wright should step down. Obviously he's stubborn and a jerk, failed to adjust his defense to a zone in the second half when wisconsin was making easy entry passes and methodically posting them up. It's obvious that his miracle run last year inflated his ego and he's just getting by on good looks and charisma.

There are many ither reasons Jay Wright should step down. Obviously he's stubborn and a jerk, failed to adjust his defense to a zone in the second half when wisconsin was making easy entry passes and methodically posting them up. It's obvious that his miracle run last year inflated his ego and he's just getting by on good looks and charisma.

And what good looks and charisma he has!

Yea because that was such a MIRACLE run... Being the 2 seed and ending up 35-5... definitely a miracle. The amount of lazy, weak narratives on this place never ceases to amaze me.

Well, we only won it because of Carmelo. We're the only team in the history of bball to have a great player and win it. So lucky.

Nova needed a game winning 3, so...MIRACLE!

Troll one, troll all!