Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now.

The thing I'll take issue with here is when you say that people here are upset because of one bad year. There's been a lot of posters worried about the state of this program since the 25-0 start a few years ago when we saw a lot of cracks in the foundation.
Posters say since the 25-0 start. I wonder. Was that 25-0 start a fantasy? The same roster that went 25-0 finished the year didn't they? DID the players suddenly say "we don't like the way JB is doing things, lets stop playing"? I know it is a convenient separating point but I think since the team didn't change that even mentioning that season has to include those games and how SU was 28-6. After all they did beat UNC, Duke, Pit.(twice), ND. Not a bunch of cupcakes.

Agreed that Wisc was not properly seeded and that Jay Wright is a good coach but he has had some pretty spectacular flame-outs in the NCAA tourney.

I pray this is the case in regard to the OP! This means we can go hard after Jay Wright and replace him with Jim Boeheim and his 42 losses the past three years. 42 losses!!!!! Also, his 2 whiffs on the NCAA Tournament. Jay Wright on the other hand we can bring in who has lost 11 games the past three years and fresh off winning a national championship. FIRE.
From 2013-14, to 15-16 Wright had 13 loses. the 3 years previous to that, he had 45

Silly. We have had these periods before. we have always come back. the probation has hurt us. That was their intention. Now, if you want to make the argument that a coach that gets his school put on probation twice needs to go, be my guest. as for the noticeable decline in recruiting, I think we have 4 guys in the last two years that will play in the NBA. That is pretty good form what I see.
Can you post where it says that the coach caused the sanctions. I thought most people thought that the sanctions on JB were petty and that the report did not show JB's involvement in the various wrongs.

Flynn/Scoop/Greene/Jackson was 1 class.
Mali/Lydon were 1 class.
Taureen Thompson/Battle were another class. I assuming you meant Thompson over Roberson.

We got all those guys in one year in 2008. So we knew we were going to be young and had a bubblish team. This year after the FF we weren't expecting a bubble team. Recruiting in 2008 was churning out prospects and JB wasn't close to his self imposed retirement. Right now it would be best for MH that he gets the keys sooner rather than later for recruiting.
With the sanctions, couldn't get 4 in one year. You also for got Moyer.

With the sanctions, couldn't get 4 in one year. You also for got Moyer.
We brought in 4 2 years ago.
Lydon/Mali/Howard/Diagne

We forced Patterson/Johnson out so we could bring in these 4.

Then the NCAA didn't clear Diagne.

Sanctions have prevented us from sending more than 2 coaches out with how little JB uses his bench it has affected giving walkons scholarships. The recruiting has been more lazy and wrong decisions and confined to the Northeast more than anything.

Having GMac vs. Calipari for Green and making Green an eggs in one basket guy is on JB.
GMac can't compete with the top recruiter in the nation right now.
JB had no backup and we are paying for it now. That had nothing to do with sanctions.

Well it was a LOGICAL guess. The fact that you are NOT a relative newbie to the SU program is even a sadder situation.

And today seems to be yet another sad day in a trend of recent sad days for Cuse bball. fyi -- no disrespect, we can all have differing opinions and still be Cuse fans.

Obviously Jay Wright isn't the answer for Villanova. Huge choke job as a favorite. They've only made it to one Sweet Sixteen in the last seven years. They're in a downward spiral, winning a full FIVE fewer tournament games this year as opposed to last year. Villanova should push him out so they can expedite the transition to the future of Wildcats basketball.

Last year's championship was just a mirage that masks the downward trend of their program since making the Sweet Sixteen four out of five years from 04-05 through 07-08.

Their recruiting is in a dangerous spot, too. They only have three commits for next year, and one of them is a TWO-star.

Sorry, Jay, but you need to leave right now before things get any worse and it's tough for Villanova to rebuild to the glory of yesteryear.

I don't recall, but I don't think Jay Wright has been put on probation two times by the NCAA or has he had wins and scholarships taken away or has been at Villanova for forty two years.