JB at it again | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB at it again

I never stated anything that you mentioned. Based on his body of work in the past 2 1/2 years, Roberson has shown very little on the offensive end. You're clueless if you think he is a legit threat on the offensive end.
So you would ignore him instead of continuing to have him develop confidence in what he is certainly capable? Oh Lord

So you would ignore him instead of continuing to have him develop confidence in what he is certainly capable? Oh Lord

Again, the body of work shows what he's capable of. "Confidence" isn't the key, he's a poor offensive basketball player. Yes, he's the 5th option on the floor behind Lydon, G, Cooney, and Mal. Not sure why that's so hard to understand if you watch the games.

Again, the body of work shows what he's capable of. "Confidence" isn't the key, he's a poor offensive basketball player. Yes, he's the 5th option on the floor behind Lydon, G, Cooney, and Mal. Not sure why that's so hard to understand if you watch the games.
I watch the games and contrary to your opinion, I believe his main problem is believing in his abilities. Or confidence if you will.

I watch the games and contrary to your opinion, I believe his main problem is believing in his abilities. Or confidence if you will.

So if it is a confidence thing, then how come after a great first half he disappeared the second? Shouldn't his uber confidence from the first half propelled him from getting 20 and 10 in the second half? Guess JB said something to him to kill his confidence at half time because he stunk out there in the second half.

Last game, accordingt to shots taken, he was the 4th option. 3rd option each of the 2 games before that. Alert the coaches!

Last game, accordingt to shots taken, he was the 4th option. 3rd option each of the 2 games before that. Alert the coaches!

Ok, and? The both of you are making it sound like he should be our second options after Mal which is ludicrous. Again, with a lineup with Lydon in it list the guys in order who you would want with the ball on offense.

Ok, and?

It means coaches and his teammates see him as a viable offensive option, so you should too. The # of shots per player is by design, he did not take the 3rd most shots against Miami and Clemson by accident.

Tyler is excellent at the high pick and roll, he is excellent at the wing pick and roll, and with the clock winding down, 1 on 1, he has a spin move that is average but getting better. He needs to add a back down move, finishing with either hand to really round out his game.

I'd like to see Mali get a touch everytime down, with Good G next, TRob to get the ball on the interior, then kick outs to Cooney or Lydon late in the clock, with 4 guys crashing.

Last edited:
Ideally, all our players should be options and they should develop as many offensive moves and shots as they can. I posted last year that if Roberson ever started to hit the 12 footer they were always giving him, eh could be quite a player and he's starting to hit it. He's also showing some creative moves to the basket. I hope it continues.

Ideally, all our players should be options and they should develop as many offensive moves and shots as they can. I posted last year that if Roberson ever started to hit the 12 footer they were always giving him, eh could be quite a player and he's starting to hit it. He's also showing some creative moves to the basket. I hope it continues.
I had him as a 12 an 8 guy this year. He is not going to get there, but I think that is more a function of his teammates playing out of position and not facilitating better than it is about his own ups and downs. I was critical of him earlier in the year with his disappearing act from the boxscore at times, but you can't miss/make the shots you don't take. They need to keep getting him the ball in that sweet spot of 12-15 feet in and he will thrive.

Ok, and? The both of you are making it sound like he should be our second options after Mal which is ludicrous. Again, with a lineup with Lydon in it list the guys in order who you would want with the ball on offense.

Please show us exactly where we said anything close to this. I think we should be an opportunistic offense looking to exploit weaknesses. If you have a guy like Roberson setting a screen in the pick and roll, and never once actually look at him as he rolls, aren't you doing the exact opposite of what the play is designed to do?

So if it is a confidence thing, then how come after a great first half he disappeared the second? Shouldn't his uber confidence from the first half propelled him from getting 20 and 10 in the second half? Guess JB said something to him to kill his confidence at half time because he stunk out there in the second half.

Any thoughts you'd like to share about Roberson now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom