JB at it again | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB at it again

Because he is just starting to believe in the skill set he has.

He has some solid games last year too, unfortunately it hasn't been an indicator that he'll be consistent.

He's shooting 51% and averaging 10 pts, on a team with no distributor. Yes, I want to see more of his 10-15 foot J, more crashing of the glass, and more pick and roll with him. G is bound to figure it out before season's end. The offense is bad not because of him, that's ridiculous.

He's shooting 51%, probably about 90% on putbacks and 10% everywhere else.

He has some solid games last year too, unfortunately it hasn't been an indicator that he'll be consistent.

Maybe if he was used consistently you would see him being consistent. How would you feel setting screens for guards who will never ever ever ever hit you on the roll? G gets overwhelmed and can't make the pass and Cooney looks for his shot first and then to get the ball to another guard as quickly as he can.

I keep seeing language on here about Roberson that is eerily familiar to what many people (not me or OttoMets for example) were saying about Rak before we finally decided to actually try to use him like a big man. I'm not saying Roberson will turn out the same, but there is still potential there if we actually try to develop it.

So your solution then is to ignore him?

What exactly would you look for in this case?

Maybe if he was used consistently you would see him being consistent. How would you feel setting screens for guards who will never ever ever ever hit you on the roll? G gets overwhelmed and can't make the pass and Cooney looks for his shot first and then to get the ball to another guard as quickly as he can.

I keep seeing language on here about Roberson that is eerily familiar to what many people (not me or OttoMets for example) were saying about Rak before we finally decided to actually try to use him like a big man. I'm not saying Roberson will turn out the same, but there is still potential there if we actually try to develop it.

He's been consistently bad on offense since he got here, sans a few games. The fact that two games ago he looked awful and a majority of the season he looked awful on offense I don't see how this is ANYTHING like the Rak situation.

So your solution then is to ignore him?

What exactly would you look for in this case?

Yes, I'd rather see Lydon, Cooney, Richardson, and G with the ball on offense. You'd rather see Roberson with the ball?

I'd look for him to rebound the ball and make his putbacks then go on defense. That's all.

He's been consistently bad on offense since he got here, sans a few games. The fact that two games ago he looked awful and a majority of the season he looked awful on offense I don't see how this is ANYTHING like the Rak situation.

I see a kid missing some shots that looked pretty good but he shot without a ton of confidence. Against one of the best teams in the country and our conference, he took those with confidence and nailed them all. And guys like you would say good job, just don't shoot them again.

So you'd rather see what?

I see a kid missing some shots that looked pretty good but he shot without a ton of confidence. Against one of the best teams in the country and our conference, he took those with confidence and nailed them all. And guys like you would say good job, just don't shoot them again.

So you'd rather see what?

I'll say good job and don't shoot it again. Wow, he hit a couple of shots from mid range in 2 1/2 years.

I'd rather see 4 capable guys on offense on the floor with the ball than Roberson.

Yes, I'd rather see Lydon, Cooney, Richardson, and G with the ball on offense. You'd rather see Roberson with the ball?

I'd look for him to rebound the ball and make his putbacks then go on defense. That's all.

I'll say good job and don't shoot it again. Wow, he hit a couple of shots from mid range in 2 1/2 years.

I'd rather see 4 capable guys on offense on the floor with the ball than Roberson.

Lydon. That's funny. The kid now has less confidence than Roberson and is getting beat up by other bigs all around. Cooney had a great game and I hope he continues that. Same for Mal. I think he's going to be very special. G needs to take a break from actively looking to shoot the ball from anywhere outside the lane, and that's exactly why he should be working on the pick and rolls with Roberson to try and get Roberson an easy 10 footer or dunk.

That's called actual analysis instead of just b!tching. Try it out for yourself.

Lydon. That's funny. The kid now has less confidence than Roberson and is getting beat up by other bigs all around. Cooney had a great game and I hope he continues that. Same for Mal. I think he's going to be very special. G needs to take a break from actively looking to shoot the ball from anywhere outside the lane, and that's exactly why he should be working on the pick and rolls with Roberson to try and get Roberson an easy 10 footer or dunk.

That's called actual analysis instead of just b!tching. Try it out for yourself.

Analysis? You're looking at a game that a guy actually did solid for a half on offense after 2 1/2 years of bad at best and you're telling me he should be more involved on offense?

You Bernie Sanders folk are a trip.

"All the locals have to do is ask intelligent questions."

these were the same people asking hopkins questions. don't remember him ever being an a$$hat.

Analysis? You're looking at a game that a guy actually did solid for a half on offense after 2 1/2 years of bad at best and you're telling me he should be more involved on offense?

Just like I saw the inklings of what Rak could provide all along and had jokers like you telling me I was nuts, I'm pretty confident in what I'm saying. Given the opportunity, which has not been afforded to him, he will rise up. And right now, that possibility is better than seeing G miss 7 threes. And Lydon pass up 4 threes.

What do you think this is, the Knicks? You can't trade the kid. HE IS STILL DEVELOPING, yet you're ready to give up on him when he has another year and a half in the program. Get real. And of your other solutions 1 of them, only Richardson has shown he can create his own shot. Do you not see that forcing the opponent to guard all the players on the floor helps every other shooter? You must love JBs star system then, the ISO throw up junk as the shot clock expires garbage then. Hey, at least it is the guy who made a few threes last year against ND chucking up the garbage! right? :rolleyes:

Just like I saw the inklings of what Rak could provide all along and had jokers like you telling me I was nuts, I'm pretty confident in what I'm saying. Given the opportunity, which has not been afforded to him, he will rise up. And right now, that possibility is better than seeing G miss 7 threes. And Lydon pass up 4 threes.

I was the joker saying Rak should've gotten the ball his Jr year, look it up. Don't compare Roberson to Rak because it's not close.

Rak showed something ALL year,Roberson showed something for one half. The shot still didn't look crisp and looked robotical.

What do you think this is, the Knicks? You can't trade the kid. HE IS STILL DEVELOPING, yet you're ready to give up on him when he has another year and a half in the program. Get real. And of your other solutions 1 of them, only Richardson has shown he can create his own shot. Do you not see that forcing the opponent to guard all the players on the floor helps every other shooter? You must love JBs star system then, the ISO throw up junk as the shot clock expires garbage then. Hey, at least it is the guy who made a few threes last year against ND chucking up the garbage! right? :rolleyes:

You think Roberson is the second most capable offensive player on this team? Are you high?

I was the joker saying Rak should've gotten the ball his Jr year, look it up. Don't compare Roberson to Rak because it's not close.

Rak showed something ALL year,Roberson showed something for one half. The shot still didn't look crisp and looked robotical.

I'll compare my analysis of Rak with yours any day my friend.

I'll compare my analysis of Rak with yours any day my friend.

What are you talking about? Have you lost it? I literally have no clue what you're talking about at this point.

You said that every solution outside of Mal was suspect. Sorry, Roberson is more suspect than any of them.

Is 1 on 1 basketball the only thing you advocate? Or do you have some ideas for how to optimize Roberson's ability while he is on the floor. Because he is the PF on this team, and he will continue to garner playing time in that role, and he will continue to perform about as well as his teammates allow him to.

Is 1 on 1 basketball the only thing you advocate? Or do you have some ideas for how to optimize Roberson's ability while he is on the floor. Because he is the PF on this team, and he will continue to garner playing time in that role, and he will continue to perform about as well as his teammates allow him to.

I never stated anything that you mentioned. Based on his body of work in the past 2 1/2 years, Roberson has shown very little on the offensive end. You're clueless if you think he is a legit threat on the offensive end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom