JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
still wondering how he went full out in practice yesterday and then couldnt play today, but the coaches didnt know until he showed up. wouldnt he be going to therapy daily since it happened and i would think after practice too to have trainers keep an eye on it?

So is it cool if we bump all the posts that were running Frank out of town last year and call them bad fans?
I always liked Frank. I can see the competitive fire in him. He is getting better all the time and next year will be a beast. Unstoppable.

The D1 programs wanted him.

And I'm sure he'll likely have a D1 scholarship for his entire basketball career. Whether its at SU or not (NOTE: not implying he's transferring, for the record)

That's not the point. The higher you go on the D1 scale, the higher the demand is -- the more money is involved and the more pressure there is to win. Right or wrong, good or bad, I don't believe anyone on this board is naive enough to think otherwise.

You can debate the merits of this and whether kids should be paid, etc., but in this instance the point is that he was cleared by the medical staff to play. Moyer is on an athletic scholarship and if he's cleared to play and if I'm the coach, he should play.

Boeheim is beyond being fired for wins and losses but I have seen it with my own two eyes and witnessed first hand coaches who have been fired for losing. And even winning 20 games! And if they were down to 3 forwards, 2 guards and 2 centers, and one of them came to his/her office and told them they couldn't play or that their parents said it wasn't a great idea (and found out about a social media post lauding said player for not playing), they'd be pissed too.

Should have kept it in house but that's not JB's style and its gotten progressively less so as the years have gone along.

I'll tell you right now, the same circumstance would've been frowned on just as heavily in D-3... You don't directly disobey the med staff bc your parents say to, not without the staff's ire anyway.

I have a kid that plays D3. Unless it was something very serious, I would NEVER consider butting in. It’s up to the player, med staff and coach. If the kid really can’t go, it’s up to him or her to be able to convey it. Not Mom and Dad.

I have a kid that plays D3. Unless it was something very serious, I would NEVER consider butting in. It’s up to the player, med staff and coach. If the kid really can’t go, it’s up to him or her to be able to convey it. Not Mom and Dad.
Bs

Absolutely, I'm 100% in agreement.

Why would you call BS. I would think there is no room for you on the team if you don't believe in the program and trust those running it. No different than sports or the business world.

If the question wasn’t asked (not saying it shouldn’t have been) I wonder if JB would have even brought it up.

Absolutely, I'm 100% in agreement.
I wouldn't either. But if i was the coach i sure as heck wouldnt have made it public. Would you? Do you think that JB did the right thing?

Boeheim was blind sided not the Moyers. Anyone who thinks JB is in the wrong on this has an anti-Boeheim agenda and they probably secretly agree with the NCAA ram rodding that he has gotten ... TWICE. To them I say, follow Villanova, I know how much you adore Jay Wright.

Who are all these players exiting the doors because of this crap? You can say Thompson but his mother never wanted him here in the first place. The 6 straight guys getting drafted in the first round left because of $$$$, right, wrong or indifferent. Kaleb left because he wasn’t playing. I’m struggling thinking of who else left and am too lazy to research it.

I wrote all of that and you pull out one thing to question. Nate Diaz's infamous quote comes to mind.

I don't think anyone left because of a JB presser rant. Tyler Lydon didn't leave just because of $$$$$$$. There was a clash of personalities too that was an impetus for TL to find the exit door. I probably should've said there was some acrimony in the locker room in recent years because of this crap. That is factual.

Boeheim was blind sided not the Moyers. Anyone who thinks JB is in the wrong on this has an anti-Boeheim agenda and they probably secretly agree with the NCAA ram rodding that he has gotten ... TWICE. To them I say, follow Villanova, I know how much you adore Jay Wright.

Can you state on the record that you think Jake and Iommi have anti JB agendas?

Only here could a one sentence statement in a post game press conference start a thread longer than the one dedicated to the 2 hour game itself.

I think everyone is an agreement that JB saying it in the presser was out of line. I'm not sure how much more we can get out of this debate.

With that said, I expect this to be at 30 pages by tomorrow morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors