JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't either. But if i was the coach i sure as heck wouldnt have made it public. Would you? Do you think that JB did the right thing?
My reaction when I saw it wasn't iron clad... 5 years ago, I would've made the same comment without hesitation. I'm more mild mannered now and probably would give it a good deal of thought first. I'm striving to be more mild mannered in everything though, bc I was a drop the hammer, bat smack lunatic, if you ain't first your last kinda dude before my daughter was born.

That being said, I really don't hate that he did it bc I feel it was pointed and to send a message. Was it the best way to send that message? Probably not. But my grandfather didn't give two Schlitz when he flipped someone off either.

And I think his presser tone is being sensationalized a bit too. I don't think this is a black and white issue, more shades of grey.

And I do think parents get too involved, unequivocally.

I wrote all of that and you pull out one thing to question. Nate Diaz's infamous quote comes to mind.

I don't think anyone left because of a JB presser rant. Tyler Lydon didn't leave just because of $$$$$$$. There was a clash of personalities too that was an impetus for TL to find the exit door. I probably should've said there was some acrimony in the locker room in recent years because of this crap. That is factual.

I picked that out only because it’s what jumped out at me. I’m not going to disclose convos but I’ve talked to Lydon family members a couple times.

This is why Boeheim backed Frankie last year. Because he respects a person that will fight for something, not that he was right or wrong, but you can't just take it away from him without a struggle. That's why he's an alpha and it appears that Moyer is not.
I don't think it's fair to put that label on Moyer yet. He's still young with time to learn from this.

Can you state on the record that you think Jake and Iommi have anti JB agendas?
They seem to not support his position. On this issue, I can only say when I found out Moyer was out I felt bad for him and the team. Then when it came to light that it was because of parental tampering, I was mad. I think that is Boeheims outlook.

Three or four more years and you’ll get your wish.

Then the University can set about on the high-risk attempt of trying to find a successor by picking the hottest of the currently available mid major crop.

SU basketball was built on three legs; the emergence of The Big East, ESPN and JBs coaching genius. The Big East is no longer anything close to what it was. There are now 40 or 50 games on TV on a weekend. and we are in a much stronger conference dominated by schools not named “Syracuse”.

The odds are long that the future will be as good as the past and that’s the day you think you are looking forward to?

Genius? He has one 1 national championship. Just one. Seems like a genius might have gotten a couple more in that time frame.

They seem to not support his position. On this issue, I can only say when I found out Moyer was out I felt bad for him and the team. Then when it came to light that it was because of parental tampering, I was mad. I think that is Boeheims outlook.

Right so per your comments, they have an anti JB agenda. That's what you said right?

People
"I had bad ankles, but you can go ahead and jump off two."

1. What do JB's ankles in 1964 have to do with Moyer's injury in 2018?

2. What the hell does this mean?

I'd bet every single season JB has coached a player that has sprained an ankle at sometime in the season. It's the most common basketball injury. He's seen hundreds of his players sprain an ankle through the years. He's seen some that need a couple weeks off and seen some players don't even miss a game for it. This is the first time I can remember that an SU player came back from a sprained ankle and then went back out without re-injuring it. I'm guessing this is the first time JB can remember this scenario as well.

Lol, it was definite sarcasm... I'll do better next time :(
Lol, I wrote that about 30 minutes ago but didn't post it after I figured it must have been sarcasm. It showed up when I posted responding to another post.
Does that happen to others too?

Be more diplomatic. He is the face of the program.
He can be pissed privately. Going public doesn’t help the situation.

Is this a post from 2018?

When has this ever applied to JB? You want him to start now? For Matthew Moyer? And a sprained ankle?

Only here could a one sentence statement in a post game press conference start a thread longer than the one dedicated to the 2 hour game itself.

I think everyone is an agreement that JB saying it in the presser was out of line. I'm not sure how much more we can get out of this debate.

With that said, I expect this to be at 30 pages by tomorrow morning
I think most of us are just having fun at this point.

This is why Boeheim backed Frankie last year. Because he respects a person that will fight for something, not that he was right or wrong, but you can't just take it away from him without a struggle. That's why he's an alpha and it appears that Moyer is not.

Are you kidding? So Moyer wasn't an alpha when he was playing at least 2 weeks quicker than most guys do with a high ankle sprain?

Lol, I wrote that about 30 minutes ago but didn't post it after I figured it must have been sarcasm. It showed up when I posted responding to another post.
Does that happen to others too?
If you type something and don't post it or erase it after a minute or so, it is saved as a "draft". If you click the floppy icon, you are given the option to save or delete the draft. If you don't erase it, it will appear as part of the next post. This only happens within a thread.

upload_2018-2-11_21-15-49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors