JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he hurt or injured? If he's hurt and playing won't make it worse, then he could decide to play through the pain. I don't know the nature of how bad the ankle really is and nobody on here does. I have to say that I'm really surprised that Moyer wouldn't want to play no matter what. This team is squarely on the bubble and every game is crucial. I doubt JB would call him out if he felt there was a chance that playing would risk Moyer's long-term health.
Exactly. You don't see JB calling out Sidibe

DVyFD-wV4AAde8M.jpg

Doesn’t seem as bad of a comment as ppl want to make it out to be.

Doesn’t seem to be calling anyone out. Just describing the situation from his perspective.

I personally wouldn’t do it as coach. But JB is gonna JB and that’s how it will be til he’s gone. He doesn’t sugarcoat.

Doesn’t seem to be calling anyone out. Just describing the situation from his perspective.

I personally wouldn’t do it as coach. But JB is gonna JB and that’s how it will be til he’s gone. He doesn’t sugarcoat.
JB usually gives very little info about injuries. For this to be so specific makes me think the father got under his skin. Again, no reason to say it in a press conference is all I think most of us are saying.

I've never been a D1 athlete but, to this day, I still regret playing on a sprained ankle in high school instead of just sitting a couple weeks and getting healthy. Ruined my whole senior season.

I don't fault Moyer for choosing to sit. JB shouldn't have called him out publicly like he did.

I also played through a sprained ankle as a junior in HS and thankfully didn’t have the same experience and had zero lasting effects. The pain was really bad initially, I was limited and played horribly the first game after it, thankfully my coach let me practice on a limited basis at first without making me sit out come game time(he knew I wanted to play and was doing what I could and not milking it), and it actually got better and better despite never fully sitting out and resting it and not missing any games.

My point is, sprained ankles are so common in hoops and the extent of them and the recoveries are so drastically different. One person’s experience is probably a lot different from the next. Zero reason to say anything here. We can’t get a statement on a guy with a torn up knee, but we’re going to publically crap on a kid with a sprained ankle? Cmon Jimmy. I know it’s a high pressure job and you get tunnel vision on winning, but jeez.

This is just so bad on so many levels. To question the kids heart in public when he has been playing hurt. It was said when he last played that it was thought he would be out 3 weeks. And to bring his dad in to it. Shameful. And this is after a win when you would at least think he would be happy or satisfied and could control himself. No one here defends the guys coaching more than me but this stuff is so far out of line. and I have no doubt if he was called on the carpet for it, he would blame the reporter that asked the question.

yeah, it was. He made it seem as if the kid doesn't have heart and then he dragged his dad in to it. Should not be said he public. Matt Moyer, yeah he couldn't go today. but he really helped us last Monday night. End of statement.

L

Ya reading the transcript its not as bad as first thought.. Might have been better to say I don't play players who can't play.

L
Ya reading the transcript its not as bad as first thought.. Might have been better to say I don't play players who can't play.
If it was you and your kid, what would you think? Now, if you are thinking about sending your kid to Syracuse, Maryland, or Michigan, does this type of statement make you want to send your kid to Syracuse more? It probably wouldn't eliminate us but you would have to question why a coach would say such a think.

Well he is getting his education paid for so he does have an obligation to play...IF HEALTHY enough

And it is because of attitudes like this we have the NCAA wreaking havoc. This type of attitude supports the corrupt way they act.

If it was you and your kid, what would you think? Now, if you are thinking about sending your kid to Syracuse, Maryland, or Michigan, does this type of statement make you want to send your kid to Syracuse more? It probably wouldn't eliminate us but you would have to question why a coach would say such a think.

This quote will have zero impact on any future recruitment.

And it is because of guys like you we have the NCAA wreaking havoc. This type of attitude supports the corrupt way they act.
Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

This quote will have zero impact on any future recruitment.
Maybe. Maybe not. It only has to have one parent have a negative feeling for it to have an effect. We lost a kid to nova a few years ago because the mom didn't like the houses along the way to the campus. And I'm not joking.

Why would the kid not want to play in the game? He wants to play. He woke up hurting. It happens. no matter what JB thinks, he shouldn't question the kid or his dad in public.
I don't know why he wouldn't want to play. That's why I said curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom