JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
His grave has already been dug. This was a final straw. Unless we need him and then it's welcome back MM
Bazley and OB start at the 3 and the 4. Marek off the bench. Hughes can probably play the 3 for spurts. The only way MM sees PT is if OB and/or Marek are gone.

So I agree with you, he's gone unless we need him, but man something will have had to go terribly wrong if we do need him to stick around.

JB was out of line. He questioned the kids heart in public. After the kid came back and played way before anyone thought he could. The context is that JB not only did that, he brought the kids dad in to it.
I missed the part where he questioned Moyer's heart. I think you may be emotionalizing his comments. I heard nothing but a factual account of what happened, the significant part being that JB believes Moyer at 60% can still contribute.

I missed the part where he questioned Moyer's heart. I think you may be emotionalizing his comments. I heard nothing but a factual account of what happened, the significant part being that JB believes Moyer at 60% can still contribute.
The kid telling you he can't play and your response to the media is that you believe he can play - that's a defacto way to say he has no heart

If there's any chance he could be battling through the pain without risking further injury, he should do everything he can to help his team. We currently have a starting 5 (not entirely healthy with Frank's wrist) and 1 true scholarship player coming off the bench with tendonitis in his knees. We're rolling out Brandon Baer for crying out loud. Unless he aggravated his ankle in practice yesterday... which is possible.

Unless all of us here are OK with another NIT season I really don't see why JB is out of line. The guy probably has a pretty decent idea if Matt can play or not...

We are in a freaking battle every single night.

I have absolutely no problem with calling MM out. I hope it wakes his A$$ up!!

Saying that we are playing poorly, we played like crap is fine. We all use "we" in response to the team's up and downs.

But "WE" need players to play hurt so the team can avoid the NIT. Count me out of that "WE". Thanks

Bazley and OB start at the 3 and the 4. Marek off the bench. Hughes can probably play the 3 for spurts. The only way MM sees PT is if OB and/or Marek are gone.

So I agree with you, he's gone unless we need him, but man something will have had to go terribly wrong if we do need him to stick around.

Why can’t he sit the bench for a year and be “unmoth-balled” as a redshirt Junior?

Like Allen Griffin, only he sat the bench as a Junior after starting as a sophomore and re-emerged as a starter as senior?

The roster turnover in the current college game sucks.

He said more than that. Watch the presser.
I watched the presser and the Moyer discussion didn't sound that bad to me. JB wasn't emotional at all about it and I didn't sense any tone in his voice. It seems more like a lot of internet forum piling on based on a projection of tone while reading the transcript than anything else.

Saying that we are playing poorly, we played like crap is fine. We all use "we" as we feel we are part of the team's up and downs.

But "WE" need players to play hurt so we can avoid the NIT. Count me out of that "WE". Thanks

Lol ok I guess that makes you a better fan than me?

And I guess you are privy to the exact extent and nature of the "injury"?

If im Wildhack i demand JB issue an apology. I have always hated how JB bullys and disrepects his players and the media in public. Lets face it he has become an old cranky filter less jerk.
If i was AD i would tell him one more outburst and im putting you on paid leave. Guy needs some help. Makes me wonder what Julie has to put up with. Unreal.

If im Wildhack i demand JB issue an apology. I have always hated how JB bullys and disrepects his players and the media in public. Lets face it he has become an old cranky filter less jerk.
If i was AD i would tell him one more outburst and im putting you on paid leave. Guy needs some help. Makes me wonder what Julie has to put up with. Unreal.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. Way more emphasis on the big stick.

DVyFD-wV4AAde8M.jpg
Not the greatest look from JB taking this public, but I doubt he will be relegating Moyer to the doghouse over this and I don't see this as a sign he wants to run Moyer off. Both Moyer and Dolezaj are limited and inconsistent performers at this stage, and both will be needed going forward this season.

Glad you're not Wildhack

Facts are not allowed in today's world. Feelings are more important

I guess my thing, what can be gained by putting that out to the media?

As far as I saw, nothing specific was said about Washington’s injury beyond “it’s bad and he’s out for the year”, but why get into specifics here? Just say the kid had a setback and couldn’t go, IMO and none of us crazies would bother overanalyzing anything and nothing could be interpreted/misinterpreted/possibly made too much of.

Going to give my .02 on what is going on here.

Whether it's right or not, this is big boy division I revenue sport athletics... where quite frankly you are expected to play injured if called upon.

Frank, Bourama and Oshea all have injuries. I actually think frank and bouramas are pretty significant.

And in old school thinking...remember who our coach is...the decision on whether a kid plays is solely the discretion of the medical staff and to a degree the head coach.

So when Moyer tells him that he's been talking this over with his parents and "they've" decided that he needs to heal more before he plays..,,our old school coach is not going to take that very well. Especially after two consecutive days of practice and active play in previous games.

JB decided to go public with what probably should be a private matter. He's definitely in the wrong to rip the family in the presser, but it's his way of saying "it wasn't our decision to sit the kid...this was their decision." And he clearly wanted that on the record.

Annette Moyer did no one any favors with that Facebook post...most especially her son.

The difference in expectation level at d-1 revenue sports is muuuuuch higher than others. Fair or not...this should be known to athletes and their families.

I don't know if further play would cause a worsening of Matt's ankle. I honestly don't think the staff believes it would.

Bottom line - our coach took a serious burn to a kid and his parents making a decision he didn't think was theirs to make.

After this year, do you really think we can afford to toss anyone?

Here are the people that may be gone after this year:
Battle
PC
OB
MD

I think Battle is an absolute lock to leave. I would guess there is one more defection after him.

We need every guy we have to stick around to give us a shot. People are acting like Bazely is Melo. We need the depth.

It's weird we won without him today so we didn't actually need him.

Rather him be healthy at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom