JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a matter of time. JB is going to say something to a player or about a player and it's going to blow up. He built the program and the school has allowed him to be bigger than the program. Four more years of these...it's going to happen.

DVyFD-wV4AAde8M.jpg

Probably shouldn’t have said it but it doesn’t sound as bad as I thought it would.

And Moyer had a boot on today.

Maybe. Maybe not. It only has to have one parent have a negative feeling for it to have an effect. We lost a kid to nova a few years ago because the mom didn't like the houses along the way to the campus. And I'm not joking.

Hope it wasnt Divencenzo lol

What does "both ways" mean?

I'd like to have it the way where in-house business isn't discussed in the media, period.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean that on more than one level. Complaints about Coach-speak but don't like to hear the plain truth. Wanting staff accountability but not wanting to hear about parental interference.

And mostly, I think a lot of us overreact to someone's take on the presser before they even listen to it themselves as evidenced by the lack of context. I didn't even have the slightest reaction to it other than being suprised that it came down to a parent's decision, beyond the basic information that JB provided.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean that on more than one level. Complaints about Coach-speak but don't like to hear the plain truth. Wanting staff accountability but not wanting to hear about parental interference.

And mostly, I think a lot of us overreact to someone's take on the presser before they even listen to it themselves as evidenced by the lack of context. I didn't even have the slightest reaction to it other than being suprised that it came down to a parent's decision, beyond the basic information that JB provided.
JB was out of line. He questioned the kids heart in public. After the kid came back and played way before anyone thought he could. The context is that JB not only did that, he brought the kids dad in to it.

I'm glad he gave the coaching staff at least an hour's notice this morning that he couldn't play.

Would have been nice to know a few days ago that he was shutting things down.
What makes you think he knew yesterday? He woke up today in more pain then he could stand to play with.

JB has commented about Sidibe begging to play but them not thinking he was healthy too. Such a bizarre year.

I agree it's uncalled for but it's gotta be about MM's dad saying something. If this convo was between just JB and MM it's hard to imagine he'd say something in the press about it.

But yeah I mean if Marek and OB stay - MM will have no PT next year.

I love MM because he how much he loves Syracuse - but if we had a full squad this year he probably wouldn't gotten much PT. With that said, the kid does have ability - he's had a couple pretty big games this year.

Moyer seems pretty prone to injury or getting banged up so far... We really don't have a bench so I'm not sure if people here would rather b%tch about us having to play multiple walk ons or having JB want Matt to give us a few mins even if he's just 60%?

This fan base just needs something to complain about or attempt to call out JB.

I'm glad he gave the coaching staff at least an hour's notice this morning that he couldn't play.

Would have been nice to know a few days ago that he was shutting things down.
Things change.

JB has commented about Sidibe begging to play but them not thinking he was healthy too. Such a bizarre year.

I agree it's uncalled for but it's gotta be about MM's dad saying something. If this convo was between just JB and MM it's hard to imagine he'd say something in the press about it.

But yeah I mean if Marek and OB stay - MM will have no PT next year.

I love MM because he how much he loves Syracuse - but if we had a full squad this year he probably wouldn't gotten much PT. With that said, the kid does have ability - he's had a couple pretty big games this year.
His grave has already been dug. This was a final straw. Unless we need him and then it's welcome back MM

Here's the thing...its a ankle sprain and he has already been playing on it. We have barely enough bodies to play right now and we are literally in the home stretch with huge games coming up to try and get this team into the tourney. Regarding Moyers mom's tweet, now is not the time to shut it down seeing as tho we NEED the bodies now to try and make this run. Lots of guys playing with Injuries this time of year in any sport. Could of at least suited up and been available at 60% God willing we needed him to come in for fouls and just a quick breather for one of our guys.

Moyer seems pretty prone to injury or getting banged up so far... We really don't have a bench so I'm not sure if people here would rather b%tch about us having to play multiple walk ons or having JB want Matt to give us a few mins even if he's just 60%?

This fan base just needs something to complain about or attempt to call out JB.
total B.S.. I am called out for defending jb too much. He was 100% out of line. ask yourself this, have you ever, ever, heard another college coach say something like this in a presser?

Here's the thing...its a ankle sprain and he has already been playing on it. We have barely enough bodies to play right now and we are literally in the home stretch with huge games coming up to try and get this team into the tourney. Regarding Moyers mom's tweet, now is not the time to shut it down seeing as tho we NEED the bodies now to try and make this run. Lots of guys playing with Injuries this time of year in any sport. Could of at least suited up and been available at 60% God willing we needed him to come in for fouls and just a quick breather for one of our guys.
you mean like he did last Monday night in Louisville? Obviously, he was hurting much more today.

you mean like he did last Monday night in Louisville? Obviously, he was hurting much more today.
Maybe...maybe not..idk just seems kinda strange. I will agree with most on here that JB could of handled it better absolutely. Then again maybe there are things going on we aren't privy to or mm dad said some stuff he shouldn't and JB wanted to send a message. Either way i think everyone will be ok. Not the first time he has said things people don't like in a presser

total B.S.. I am called out for defending jb too much. He was 100% out of line. ask yourself this, have you ever, ever, heard another college coach say something like this in a presser?

Unless all of us here are OK with another NIT season I really don't see why JB is out of line. The guy probably has a pretty decent idea if Matt can play or not...

We are in a freaking battle every single night.

I have absolutely no problem with calling MM out. I hope it wakes his A$$ up!!

Must watch, said he practiced the last two games but said today he was to sore and his dad told him not to play. Jim then said you can jump off both ankles if one is hurt, we need him out there at 60% health. Noted he looked fine the last two days and has no idea why he couldn't play.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors