JB Live Post-game Presser | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB Live Post-game Presser

What a mess.

Years ago I thought JB would skip the kind of egomaniacal farewell tour that guys like K craved, and just simply say that he's done and walk away.

Nope.

The guy wants to coach until he's dead, and he's going to be passive aggressive about it right 'til the end.

This is worse than any of his peers endings that didn't involve a major scandal.

What a friggin' disappointment.

We aren't ending the tenure of a coach, we're attempting to remove someone that has been protected and is acting like a self-appointed king.

There were no favors exchanged. The university paid him to do a job. He didn’t do them favors by doing it, they didn’t do him favors by letting him do it. It’s business.

If he’s not ready to retire, it’s on the university to fire him. He doesn’t owe the university anything in this regard. I don’t think this is cowardice.
I'm not ready to give up on my dream of playing major league baseball. I'm just waiting on the Yankees to tell me to step away.

This is/was a disgrace.

I really hope he changes course...and quick.

if he makes this messy, he will NOT be around to get his flowers until it's too late from Alum and Fans. But maybe that's how he wants it.

unfortunate, the AD/school didn't do their job and walk him out the front door when it was time as it certainly feels this was probably going to be the ending regardless of when. Would have been nice to not have to live through the Daddy Ball years.
Or the university could step up for the first time in a decade. Why is this on JAB?

JB knows he should retire but doesn't have the courage to do it himself so he is putting it on the University and making this a bigger headache than it should be hence acting like a Coward on a way out
Idk if it has anything to do with courage, he clearly doesn’t want to retire, the university wants him gone. He thinks he deserves another year, university doesn’t. Thats the way most coaching changes work, JB has never seemed like someone willing to listen to others. Not sure why anyone thinks he would now

BTW, besides this horrendous mess we now have, this is THE story now.

I mean this sincerely, JB's transition has been one of the top 3 things on JW's list since he took the job and now we're here. There has to be serious consideration as to how he can handle his role as AD or not.
but he's raising tons of money for the school and he worked at ESPN....

how-can-i-miss-you-if-you-wont-go-away-miss-you.gif

It makes perfect sense he is a basketball junkie who never wants to stop. If you want to make a change do it but do t expect him to do it for you
He can be a basketball junkie, but he also needs to realize who he is in 2023. Going away kicking and screaming acting like a child is a really bad look for him. There is no defending him at this point.

Or the university could step up for the first time in a decade. Why is this on JAB?

We obviously aren’t entitled to the behind the scenes conversation, my guess is the university told him he is done and JB isn’t pleased about it, making it public.

The AD and administration need to do the job they get paid all of that money to do. There is no reason that JB should be HC at Syracuse next year. I hope they can figure out something civilly, but at the end of the day the program needs to be protected in all of this.

He's been the coach for 47 years.

He got to coach 2 sons, likely at the expense of fielding a better team.

He blocked his first coach-in-waiting, and now he's likely blocking another.

He's 78 years old.

*edit* The university steadfastly stuck with him through TWO major probations and numerous player scandals.

It's been time for a while, and he should put the long term health of the program, and the career aspirations of his incredibly loyal subordinates, ahead of his ego.

IMO he does have to do with courage because he doesn't have the courage to do a proper self evaluation and figure out that he shouldn't be coaching anymore.
Perhaps he has done a self evaluation and he feels like he should be coaching. Or maybe he thinks Red or GMac ARENT ready, and JW is a fool for making that the plan. You can assess yourself/the situation wrong but that doesn’t mean he’s a coward.

Very disappointed in Wildhacks leadership on this. Make a decision get out in front of it, avoid the embarrassment. You know the individual you're dealing with, play some chess save the University some face and give the fan base, alumni, and other interested parties some direction. Such a failure. Solid muddy waters we've got. How can you handle this so poorly.

I don't really like this whole thing either, but I think saying he doesn't have the courage and he's a coward is too much. As a player, coach, and assistant the guy has been here for damn near most of his life. It's probably not easy to come to terms with the end.

Right currently he doesn't have the courage to face the hard facts can't let it come to the end. He wants to "hang on" and have it last forever is the easy way. It takes courage to stand up take accountability and realize your time as a coach at this level is over and you need to move on. He currently isn't displaying that.

He's been the coach for 47 years.

He got to coach 2 sons, likely at the expense of fielding a better team.

He blocked his first coach-in-waiting, and now he's likely blocking another.

He's 78 years old.

It's been time for a while, and he should put the long term health of the program, and the career aspirations of his incredibly loyal subordinates, ahead of his ego.

And the university stuck with him through two probations. Two.

We were literally called "UNLV East" at one point during his tenure.

He has a court named after him, has been paid millions and millions of dollars, will prob get a statue.

Well, that was interesting.

Complained that K and Roy got jobs at their schools but no one has talked to him about it yet.

And he's not going to let the University get off the hook by retiring on his own.

So it's basically a bad break up.
He wants the school to give him a different job even though he won't quit the one he has

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom