JB on Colin Cowherd's show | Syracusefan.com

JB on Colin Cowherd's show

How'd it go...I had to get out of my car. JB is usually nice to Colin, but was really hoping he'd rip him a new one here. Sick of his melo crap. I'm fine with calling him a ballhog, etc etc...but every comparison he makes is to LeBron. So OK we got it, Lebron is better. Now what.

How'd it go...I had to get out of my car. JB is usually nice to Colin, but was really hoping he'd rip him a new one here. Sick of his melo crap. I'm fine with calling him a ballhog, etc etc...but every comparison he makes is to LeBron. So OK we got it, Lebron is better. Now what.

I usually find myself rolling my eyes and switching over to the Dan Patrick show, which seems to happen on an almost daily basis now. It's not even that I necessarily disagree with his assessment of Melo, it just gets old and anyone with half a brain realizes he bangs on him to get the knuckle-dragger new york fans riled up.

With that said, I think until Melo grows up he will never make it to the NBA finals, the choice is his - he can be known as a prolific scorer or a winner.

I usually find myself rolling my eyes and switching over to the Dan Patrick show, which seems to happen on an almost daily basis now. It's not even that I necessarily disagree with his assessment of Melo, it just gets old and anyone with half a brain realizes he bangs on him to get the knuckle-dragger new york fans riled up.

With that said, I think until Melo grows up he will never make it to the NBA finals, the choice is his - he can be known as a prolific scorer or a winner.

100% across the board. His NY ratings are prob awful.

And agree with your Melo point too. He needs to learn to pass better out of the double. He forces way too much

Give him LeBron's cast and the Knicks are in the Finals. He could be a 20/7/4 guy with that team

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

not if you give LeBron Melo's cast, in which case he still leads the Heat to the Finals.

but if that were the case, he wouldnt have to face the big 3 in miami.

A couple of thoughts:

Can Lebron win more than one championship before we anoint him the greatest ever. I've seen him fail in the clutch plenty so far in his career

The playoffs aren't even a round old and people are already trashing melo. Can he win or lose the series before we trash him. I agree he stunk in games 4 and 5, but a lot of the reason he stunk in game 4 was because J.R. Smith was out. Boston was the worst possible first round matchup for the knicks. We saw it earlier this year. They consistently are able to get Melo off his game. The only reason this is even a topic is because Cowher is trying to get people riled up. I don't think hes going to get good ratings talking about Golden State.

Its just like I had to laugh when people on this board said Steph Curry wasn't a star because he had a bad game in game 5. Now after game 6 he's great again.

Way to much talk about absolutes in the NBA after one game. It's a series for a reason. You need to win or lose 4 games for a series to be over. A lot of us need to stop listening to ESPN and start thinking for ourselves when it comes to watching sports. Just because a sportscaster or analyst says something doesn't mean it is right.

What's a "highjacked thread", Mommy?

Well, junior, take a look at this one about Jim Boeheim appearing on the Colin Cowherd Show. Those who missed the show were probably interested in what Boeheim said but instead they got another LeBron vs. Melo argument.

JB said Paul Pierce was 6-19 and nobody is complaining about him. That Melo JR and Felton need to score for the team to win not just Melo. Melo is a scorer that is his job. Lebron is the best player in the league. Durant and melo and the best scorers in the league.

Said melo needs to rebound more but he is not an assist guy that is not his game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

So basically the implication is that Melo would need Wade and Bosh to get to the Finals. LeBron took the freaking Cavs to the Finals. The Cavs.

I love Melo, but he's not LeBron.
I never said he was le LeBron The Eastern Conference that LeBron went trough to the finals was a joke. My point is the Melo is unfairly criticized because his cast in New York is terrible and be when he was out west he had to go through the best conference in the league trying to get past the first round is always playing the Lakers are San Antonio for one of the really powerful teams. Plus George Karl was is coach He screwed up Denver's playoffs again this year. He has had to try to drag JR Smith through the first round of playoffs for most of his career. Even the brown realized the great player can't win a championship with a bunch of knuckleheads and retreads behind him. That's what Melo has on the Knicks

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

If Jimmy B decides to retire in a couple seasons (after winning his 2nd National Championship with Cuse via ACC) he should go coach the Knicks for year or two and then grab a NBA Championship for him and Melo. I've always thought that Jimmy would have been successful in the NBA. Then he could go back on Cowherds show and throw down.

For all the talk about the bad supporting cast Melo has, my quick math has the Knicks at 14-12 the last 2 years when Melo doesn't play. Caveats about small sample size and everything (and yes it includes last year as well), but thats about 44 win pace. The Knicks doesn't have a second mega star, but they have a pretty good team around Melo. They don't have a Wade, and Melo isn't Lebron, so they're going to lose to Miami in all likelihood (if they get that far, of course) but I don't think it's a terrible team around him by any stretch. A healthy Tyson Chandler is a great player, and they have a pretty good amount of depth on the roster that has let them fight through some injuries this year.

It is funny the excuses the get made for Melo (teammates suck, coach sucks, harder conference) with his career playoff line of 25/7/3 on 42% shooting and now 2 playoff series won, meanwhile as recently as 12 months ago Lebron (career playoff line of 29/9/7 on 47% shooting) was a choker.

All that being said, it's not fair for Melo to get compared to Lebron. Any player in the league is going to fall short in that comparison, and Melo should't have to face up to that comparison any more than anyone else because he happened to be in the same draft as the best player on the planet.

JB said Paul Pierce was 6-19 and nobody is complaining about him. That Melo JR and Felton need to score for the team to win not just Melo. Melo is a scorer that is his job. Lebron is the best player in the league. Durant and melo and the best scorers in the league.

Said melo needs to rebound more but he is not an assist guy that is not his game.

No one is complaining about Pierce because he has earned respect. However, 6 for 19 spells the end for him as far as being a starter on a contender.

No one is complaining about Pierce because he has earned respect. However, 6 for 19 spells the end for him as far as being a starter on a contender.
What respect has he earned? He couldn't get out the first round without KG and Ray Allen. Basketball is a team sport and star player always gets too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing.

can we bump that thread?

I made a comment in it saying I would bump the thread when Miami wins either that year or next. Sure enough.. And I did bump it last year.

Did anyone actually hear JB on Cowerd and did he talk about anything besides Meli?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom