JB on his future and this year's team | Syracusefan.com

JB on his future and this year's team

A few thoughts: maybe JB said the Buddy redshirt comments with tongue in cheek but Zagoria didn't take it that way.

I'm disturbed that he thinks PC is a good defender. Well, he IS 7'2" and his arms run into a shot by an opposing player on occasion. I'm glad he sees that Sidibe is a good defedender. I do think BS will show some offense. Just enough.

I agree that our point guard play is paramount.

Zagoria must not have proofread his story. Numerous typos.

Oh boy. Yeah, the PC comments continue to puzzle. At least no more crazy Hughes talk/predictions. If he thinks he is coaching at least five more years then he better get those PGs!

First of all, I am thrilled to have this new thread, because I felt very guilty about hijacking the other thread.

Second, I am astonished by this development. I may end up feeling very happy about it, but at this point I do not understand how a man of his age thinks he's going to coach until the age of 78. The contemplation of it blows my admittedly fragile mind. Last year I felt he was grouchier than he had ever been, and I attributed it to age, although admittedly he had several other reasons to be grouchy.

Through it all, the sanctions must have weighed heavily upon him, and we all can see now that they did have a bad effect on our program. We really haven't performed well since we've been in the ACC. Yes, yes, I know we went to a Final Four, but we have not been at all dominating. Now the oppression of the sanctions has lifted, his son is coming, and he may see the light of a Grand Finale. I can see how that would be tempting to him.

He has an opportunity for redemption. At the very least, he may be able to surpass Coach K in wins, despite the 1000 doinks the NCAA gave him. Coach K literally seems to be on his last limbs, and JB's limbs all seem to be in order! I cannot help but admire Boeheim's intense desire to be first and to WIN. This competition may turn out to be epic. I picture two ancient men crawling towards the finish line, each staring down the other with lasers shooting out of their eyes.

Friends, this is an amazing story line! I only hope he can mellow just a little bit when it comes to his players and then I will relax a little. He has a WILL the likes of which few of us may ever witness again in the sporting world.

Coach speak. Need to build the teams confidence in preseason.

That being said he seems a young 73. My dad is 76 and is never home and always busy. Coach K on the other hand seems like he's on the downside physically with Capel carrying him getting talent.

He has an opportunity for redemption. At the very least, he may be able to surpass Coach K in wins, despite the 1000 doinks the NCAA gave him. Coach K literally seems to be on his last limbs, and JB's limbs all seem to be in order! I cannot help but admire Boeheim's intense desire to be first and to WIN. This competition may turn out to be epic. I picture two ancient men crawling towards the finish line, each staring down the other with lasers shooting out of their eyes.

First of all, I am thrilled to have this new thread, because I felt very guilty about hijacking the other thread.

Second, I am astonished by this development. I may end up feeling very happy about it, but at this point I do not understand how a man of his age thinks he's going to coach until the age of 78. The contemplation of it blows my admittedly fragile mind. Last year I felt he was grouchier than he had ever been, and I attributed it to age, although admittedly he had several other reasons to be grouchy.

Through it all, the sanctions must have weighed heavily upon him, and we all can see now that they did have a bad effect on our program. We really haven't performed well since we've been in the ACC. Yes, yes, I know we went to a Final Four, but we have not been at all dominating. Now the oppression of the sanctions has lifted, his son is coming, and he may see the light of a Grand Finale. I can see how that would be tempting to him.

Friends, this is an amazing story line! I only hope he can mellow just a little bit when it comes to his players and then I will relax a little. He has a WILL the likes of which few of us may ever witness again in the sporting world.
And mostly there seems to be an energy to recruiting that had recently seemed (ahem) lacking.

i love this post and just wanted to add on to it, i think we all forget what a competitor JB is and how badly he wants to win, you know that he wants to go out on top and i think we can all agree that our recruiting has done a major 180 since a year ago, i think he realizes this is going to be his final few years coaching and he is trying to load up and go after it, i feel extremely confident in the direction the program is going, even if we have a down year this year, it is building up to be a monster next few years after that i truly believe carey is the last piece we need to be a top 5 team in 2018-2019

Friends, this is an amazing story line! I only hope he can mellow just a little bit
when it comes to his players and then I will relax a little. He has a WILL the likes of which few of us may ever witness again in the sporting world.
When he's 78, he will still want to go five more.

I think the grouchy thing had more to do with last years team being so frustrating than his age. Not have Tyler Roberson on the team alone should improve his mood by 10%.

I think the grouchy thing had more to do with last years team being so frustrating than his age. Not have Tyler Roberson on the team alone should improve his mood by 10%.

I'm concerned that we will miss Roberson. On paper, this doesn't look like a strong rebounding team.

Well said. He can do it. He has more will than I do... I'm 76 next month and riding my motorcycle all over Latin America. The grouchiness comes with age... Nice post...loved it!

Lydon maybe. By the end of the year he was the better defensive rebounder.

Sure there's many others we'll miss more.

Still feel like Roberson would be the best rebounder on this years team. He didn't have a good senior year, but he was good enough as a junior that I'm not willing to throw him in the bushes so quickly. Kid was a huge factor in our final 4 run.

JB's "we don't need our centers for offense" is a bit curious to me because last year he said something about how he can't have Roberson out there because of his offense.

Still feel like Roberson would be the best rebounder on this years team. He didn't have a good senior year, but he was good enough as a junior that I'm not willing to throw him in the bushes so quickly. Kid was a huge factor in our final 4 run.

JB's "we don't need our centers for offense" is a bit curious to me because last year he said something about how he can't have Roberson out there because of his offense.
I think he was referring to the fact Roberson would catch the ball at the foul line and no one would guard him and he would throw the ball back out and we had to start the offensive set all over again. I think this year he was maybe meaning if Sidibe plays really good defense and can rebound at a reasonable level we will have forwards of Marek, OB and MM in there who can all hit a shot from the foul line and are going to have much better offensive games.

Regarding rebounding I think many people will be surprised at how good a rebounder Moyer is. I would also rather have a good aggressive consistent rebounder in there which is what I think Moyer will be than a guy like Roberson who you don't know game to game if he will be the elite best rebounder on the floor or completely no existent.

So he obviously thinks we now have offense at the 4 position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom