JB on his future and this year's team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB on his future and this year's team

seinfeld-bridges.png

"it's go time ! all aboard the pain train !!!"

Right. One position with no offense at a time. Last year the 4, this year the 5.

Taurean Thompson started the last 21 games at the 4, and was a scorer.

I don't get what you don't get, so I am moving on.

You said that there was no offense from the 4 spot. There wasn't with Roberson, there was with Thompson, who started the last 21 games and brought a completely different set of offensive capabilities to the table than Roberson did. Which makes the point you were attempting to make off-target.

What's not to get?

You said that there was no offense from the 4 spot. There wasn't with Roberson, there was with Thompson, who started the last 21 games and brought a completely different set of offensive capabilities to the table than Roberson did. Which makes the point you were attempting to make off-target.

What's not to get?
+/- not too sure about. But TT's D was so bad that a bad Roby probably was about equal. Feel free to correct me as I am not pro Taurean right now.

+/- not too sure about. But TT's D was so bad that a bad Roby probably was about equal. Feel free to correct me as I am not pro Taurean right now.

Could very well be. But +/- is a different topic with a shifted goal post.

After last year's pre-season comments by JB I'll take the wait and see approach. I too think we will surprise, but these kind of comments have no impact. He's clearly staying until his son leaves.

He may intend to stay 5+ years, but he is not bigger than the program. If we're perpetually in the NIT or sneaking into the field as a 10/11/12 seed, that will continue to erode the STH base which is the bottom line. The AD will take notice and JB may suddenly have "health issues" come up in the summer. I hope it doesn't come to this - any fan of the program hopes it doesn't come to this either. My fear is that we'll be just above that threshold so that the AD doesn't have to make any uncomfortable decisions. I'm talking NIT '17, 6 seed '18, 10 seed '19, NIT, etc. If JB is going to hang around I don't want a Bobby Bowden repeat.

He's got to get that PG.
That's a bit simplistic. This isn't football where you can ride a stud QB for 4 years. Recruiting in general needs to be consistently trending upwards across the board if JB intends to go out on his terms.

That's a bit simplistic. This isn't football where you can ride a stud QB for 4 years. Recruiting in general needs to be consistently trending upwards across the board if JB intends to go out on his terms.
and it is objectively true that recruiting has trended upwards since Hopkins left & Boeheim re-signed: added Washington, Hughes, Dolezaj, Boeheim and Bazley in a 5 month span - more athletes (and at least in the case of Bazley a higher caliber one at that) than in the previous 15-16 months

and it is objectively true that recruiting has trended upwards since Hopkins left & Boeheim re-signed: added Washington, Hughes, Dolezaj, Boeheim and Bazley in a 5 month span - more athletes (and at least in the case of Bazley a higher caliber one at that) than in the previous 15-16 months

Agreed and you forgot Goodine. People are still complaining about 2017 like it's going to affect 2019. Can't cry over spilled milk. If we make the NIT in 2019 people can complain.

At the very least JB has been more aggressive on the trail.
I am the ultimate outsider: I live over 2500 miles away and the only information I get is via this board. But it seems to me that the lethargy in the program the last few years has been lifted. Between the sanctions being almost over and Boeheim being committed for the rest of the decade and beyond to the addition of Griffin and the new responsibilities for old assistants, there is an energy that even I can see. I undersand why people would want to be cautious because you never know how kids are really going to pan out, but I think the needle has definitely turned to guarded optimism today from the naked pessimism of just 6 months ago

Agreed and you forgot Goodine. People are still complaining about 2017 like it's going to affect 2019. Can't cry over spilled milk. If we make the NIT in 2019 people can complain.

For sure. I'm just saying I don't think we should be expected to be patient even though I suppose I'm going to give this season a pass. This isn't the damn football program. Yes, I'll be concerned and hitting the panic button if 2019 Selection Sunday is a trmendous disappointment of a verdict. I don't care who is new. Can't come out looking so lost, tentative, and without much of a plan (certainly no plan B's) like we did against UConn (2 starters out!)/South Carolina/Wisconsin. Just gotta coach them up better. Can't crap the bed like last year early in the season OOC.

Uh, yes it is. Get some PGs! The more the merrier. Need it to be successful.

Uh, yes it is. Get some PGs! The more the merrier. Need it to be successful.
seems to me that the fanbase is suffering from ptsd when it comes to point guards. after a terrific run at the position, joseph was a fail, green spurned us & howard (so far) hasn't delivered. but some seem to forget that jb has 3 pgs on the roster and now one already in the pipeline. i think we end up with carey, but also think we'll be ok w/out him

seems to me that the fanbase is suffering from ptsd when it comes to point guards. after a terrific run at the position, joseph was a fail, green spurned us & howard (so far) hasn't delivered. but some seem to forget that jb has 3 pgs on the roster and now one already in the pipeline. i think we end up with carey, but also think we'll be ok w/out him

The fanbase may have PTSD but the team's struggles are a tangible result of the lack of said PGs. Plenty of other issues as well, obviously. Frank has not shown he can consistently perform at an ACC level. A couple of flashes in the 2016 NCAAT and against cupcakes last year proves nothing. HW we don't know. Probably a solid program player but somebody who isn't going to be able to break down a good defense and make plays for himself and others. GT who knows. I think he has the best chance of the three to contribute postively. I think we get Carey too. It's paramount and cannot be overstated. Him and/or a Lecque.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom