For about 20 minutes promoting his book, of course, and a range of other things

Very good interview

For about 20 minutes promoting his book, of course, and a range of other things

Very good interview
it was more like 45 minutes.

it was good.

Who did the interview: Francesa?

KaiserUEO said:
it was more like 45 minutes. it was good.

I must have missed the beginning.

Kaiser would have to fill in on the first 20 minutes.

Most talented player he ever coached?

Derrick Coleman

Smartest player?

GMac

Player he'd most trust with the big shot?

Carmelo

He also spoke highly of Stevie Thompson

Yes.

Francessa: "I didn't know your father was an undertaker."

JB: "That's why I have no sense of humor."
I heard a story from a good source that he didn't tell a lot of people about what his father did because he didn't want to be called Digger. No joke. But good choice.

Not unless it came up early in the interview.

He was asked about Fine.

They don't speak anymore, but JB said that's because Fine is in Florida and he's in Syracuse.

Apparently the phone hasn't been invented yet.

led off talking about Coughlin. da Pope said he didnt know they knew each other. JB said they knew off each other in HS, played basketball against each other. Tommy was good. said TC is likely a better coach now than when winning 2 SuperBowls, but talent isnt the same.

talked alot about Dave Gavitt. said he was the visionary, he was the one who made all of us $$. talked about Pearl, Mullin and the Knick.

mike marveled over all the 20 win seasons. everybody has losing seasons, you dont.

he likes recruiting. but back in the day hed see 20-30 kids and get 2 or 3. now he sees 4 and gets 2 or 3.he figured out early that the mom was the one in charge of where her boy went, always got in good with them.

said he was against the Dome. had a great meeting with the VP in charge who sat down with him and listened to all he had to say about not playing there...great building, 50 some odd straight wins in Manley etc...the guy said we need you in the Dome for $$ and get over it. JB said he stood up, got over it and walked out.

no infraction questions.

im sure it will be up on the website soon.

Last edited:
I heard a story from a good source that he didn't tell a lot of people about what his father did because he didn't want to be called Digger. No joke. But good choice.

Gosh who would want to be called Digger?

digger-phelps-2.jpg

I'm sure JB tells everyone beforehand: no questions about Investigation.

im sure too, but he wouldnt have to tell Mike that.

It was interesting at his post game press conference on Sunday, when he came out to the podium, after his opening remarks, he said something to the effect of "Does anyone have any questions about today's game". I thought that was pretty good. No one ever claimed that JAB wasn't a smart man.

Francesa wouldn't know about the investigation. He doesn't follow college hoops. His opinions are based on things that happened 15-20 years ago.

Now we know why JB can have such ice in his veins at times, being the son of the Undertaker. This was news to me. In my opinion, it nudges out Son of Chucky

undertaker.jpg

led off talking about Coughlin. da Pope said he didnt know they knew each other. JB said they knew off each other in HS, played basketball against each other. Tommy was good. said TC is likely a better coach now than when winning 2 SuperBowls, but talent isnt the same.

talked alot about Dave Gavitt. said he was the visionary, he was the one who made all of us $$. talked about Pearl, Mullin and the Knick.

mike marveled over all the 20 win seasons. everybody has losing seasons, you dont.

he likes recruiting. but back in the day hed see 20-30 kids and get 2 or 3. now he sees 4 and gets 2 or 3.he figured out early that the mom was the one in charge of where her boy went, always got in good with them.

said he was against the Dome. had a great meeting with the VP in charge who sat down with him and listened to all he had to say about not playing there...great building, 50 some odd straight wins in Manley etc...the guy said we need you in the Dome for $$ and get over it. JB said he stood up, got over it and walked out.

no infraction questions.

im sure it will be up on the website soon.

you missed the Grimaldi's shout out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom