JB post game presser | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB post game presser

He's trying so hard to compensate on defense he's running himself out of his primary zone, and it's a big reason we give up so many baskets on bunnies off passes from the elbow. It's really sad to watch.

Thompson gives up more dunks per minute than any player in SU history

I don't have the data but I don't think I need it

This was actually one of the worst games I've ever seen with Robey. O points 3 rebounds, 2 TOs. Just unreal. Fortunately we pulled this one out.

I think Boeheim does occasionally get carried in his press conferences. But let's be honest. 3 guys (maybe 2.5 because Lydon wasn't spectacular) played well last night. It was enough to win, which is all that really matters. But if he had said anything else, he would have been blowing smoke up our butt.

Wow, did JB really say this was the best comeback he could remember? Certainly, this was an incredible comeback, but I recall the one just last March in the Elite 8 being better, clearly more sensational due to what was on the line and a trip to the Final Four.
Is getting into the NCAA "on the line" after being 16 down not as important as the Virginia game?

I had listened to the 47 point game that Bill Smith had in 1971. I can't remember everything but I believe that there was an opponent in that game who had 41 points against the Cuse. I think it was one of the older a Tripucka brothers.
In the '68-'69 season Bill Smith scored 41 in a 118-110 loss to Niagra. Unfortunately he wasn't close to being high scorer as Calvin Murphy poured in 68!

Last edited:
fwiw after this game lydon ,white and battle will be 1,2,3 in acc minutes played. 15 teams. we've got the top three. good thing ?

With this roster; it's a very good thing. What is your point?

Couldn't resist taking a shot at Robey. "We don't do too bad on offense with 4 guys. It would be better if the 5th guy could catch the ball from 4 ft. and do something with it." He hates this kid so much.

Not the kid, the way he plays sometimes. Maybe Roberson had the flu or something. He's been sensational at times. Or, maybe he's feeling the pressure from having Thompson around. I'm hopeful he bounces back. He's a really good kid.

Silly. Lydon is an excellent shooter. The pros know that. He blocks shots and rebounds. A very good player.
I think he'll be exposed on the defensive end but that won't stop him from having a solid career.

What makes me nervous is that he has had two unreal games and we were in danger of losing them both.

Love the wins, want them to keep on going but I have no idea how well we fare without an all world game by Gillon.
Agree with you completely, if we could just get consistent recognition from JG on how to run the offense and if TL and TB could pick up some JGs scoring i think we will be fine.

Obviously the UVa game will be extremely tough. They will want bigtime revenge. But imo more importantly , fla st and nc st played very little defense. Uva is maybe the best defensive team i have seen thisyear. They will not play those hi screens for JG as loose n sloppy as nc and fla did. Obviously they have that wall off defense at top of key that gives us fits. If i remember correctly in the elite 8 game, during the comback we got away from the hi screen offense and instead went to iso ball for Mal and G. I think uva may make JB make a similar adjustment on sat. Its a winnable game for SU but sat's game will be a tough adjustment on a couole levels imo. Go Cuse

Not the kid, the way he plays sometimes. Maybe Roberson had the flu or something. He's been sensational at times. Or, maybe he's feeling the pressure from having Thompson around. I'm hopeful he bounces back. He's a really good kid.
Robey just checks out sometimes. Its like a light switch. Imo he looked locked n loaded at beginning of game on the bench, focused, game face on. But then JB took forever to put him in even as TT's defense was v poor. They had a close up of JB at like 5 mins into the game, TR sitting next to him and in that 5 mins he went from game face on to looking disinterested. I really think he thought he was going to get in early; i dont think JB has quite figured out optimal rotation between TR and TT yet. But seeing as TR helped lead us to FF last year i personally would skew the rotation toward TR...

Robey just checks out sometimes. Its like a light switch. Imo he looked locked n loaded at beginning of game on the bench, focused, game face on. But then JB took forever to put him in even as TT's defense was v poor. They had a close up of JB at like 5 mins into the game, TR sitting next to him and in that 5 mins he went from game face on to looking disinterested. I really think he thought he was going to get in early; i dont think JB has quite figured out optimal rotation between TR and TT yet. But seeing as TR helped lead us to FF last year i personally would skew the rotation toward TR...
So you believe Roberson's 22 minutes of non-production were the result of JB not inserting him into the game soon enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom