jb press conference?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

jb press conference??

Clearly you didn't understand his question.

Or where free speech actually applies.

i didn't think it was hard to understand that free speech would apply when deciding if this is a hate crime. hate speech is actually protected. hate crime has to meet certain criteria; which is actually a big bucket and very broad. but again we don't know what was said so jumping from racial graffiti to hate crime is a big leap. the graffiti is the only law that was broken whether it is considered criminal mischief, vandalism, trespassing. I don't know. criminal mischief actually falls into the hate crime bucket.

that's a stretch. criminal mischief is an element but again no one has any idea what the graffiti said.
According to the DO article, "The N-word was written on part of the light, at least one mirror on the floor and on garbage cans. A slur against Asian people was also written on a bulletin board on Day Hall’s fourth floor."

According to the DO article, "The N-word was written on part of the light, at least one mirror on the floor and on garbage cans. A slur against Asian people was also written on a bulletin board on Day Hall’s fourth floor."
What is wrong with these people?!

Hate crime designation = thought police... no thanks...

So if I punch the guy sitting next to me and break his nose I get 6months, but if I say "Take that n****r" and punch him and break his nose now it's 1 year cause I'm a racist?

So if I punch the guy sitting next to me and break his nose I get 6months, but if I say "Take that n****r" and punch him and break his nose now it's 1 year cause I'm a racist?
Yet, here we are.

Hate speech is protected by the first amendment. There's a long history of that being applied in court cases. Incitement is not. With that said, SU has every right to punish a student for hate speech. Just because it's protected by the first amendment doesn't mean it is free from consequence.

Hate speech is protected by the first amendment. There's a long history of that being applied in court cases. Incitement is not. With that said, SU has every right to punish a student for hate speech. Just because it's protected by the first amendment doesn't mean it is free from consequence.

truth. And they should. Heck they have every right to expel just based on the vandalism.

that in an of itself is not a hate crime.

We have Netflix and Hulu and CBS All Access and Amazon Prime, and now Disney who owns half the world wants us to pay for more stuff?

How'd I do?

How great would it be if there was a way to bundle all of these services into one package where you only had to pay certain amount each month.

Yes. It's been that way for a while, at least in New York.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom