JB Presser | Syracusefan.com

JB Presser

JB was pretty hard on Rak for both overall performance and the opportunity he had to win the game at the end of regulation - he did not like the hook and felt he should've gone strong to the rim. I have to agree with him that this seems to have been the type of game he could've stepped up but did not.

His offense had been improving steadily of late.

I hate to say this because I was so against the idea that they needed to lose to get better but a horrible loss tonight and a probable loss to Duke Saturday will no doubt get the national talking heads blathering about how overrated this team was. Might be the best thing actually.

This team needs to develop a chip on their shoulder, become the hunter instead of the hunted per se. Play angry us against the world basketball.

The salad days are behind, time to get serious!

Basically: We need to make shots. Its simple. We can't win all of these close games. I'm glad we have 25 wins, but we can reflect on that after the season is over. The team needs to stay focused and improve offensively. These guys work hard, so I am sure they will make adjustments. Rak wasn't good tonight. CJ and Trevor can't shoot that poorly if we are going to win, etc...

Surprisingly, he didn't have to field any off-base questions.

Probably said basically the exact same thing he has said the last 3 games. Outcome was just different.

Rakeem shot poorly and that was disappointing.

Nevertheless, give me a break, Jimmy.

You treat the kid like Option #5 for three years, don't make it a priority to get him touches when he's shooting 70% from the field, then complain about his miss? Come on.

4 people died.

tumblr_mji3vzZhqV1rfduvxo1_500_zps7a2804c7.gif

You treat the kid like Option #5 for three years, don't make it a priority to get him touches when he's shooting 70% from the field, then complain about his miss? Come on.
Yeah. Weird comment, coach.

edowd26 said:
If he is giving CJ a free pass thats BS.

He wasnt giving anyone a pass

Kid had position all night and Fair stared at him before driving left and bricking. Honestly, how shocked do you think he was to get that pass? He makes that 7 out of 10 times, maybe more. That's his move. No problem with it.

How about you play more than 5 1/2 guys against the worst team in the nation when we have Duke on Saturday.

A loss to BC is bad. Exhausting our starters is bad. Going into Cameron tired is awful.

Thought it was a nice shot - soft touch. Surprised it didn't go down for the winner.

Tough one for Rak though, you need to make that. I thought the pass should have gone to Grant coming in from the wing tbh, but whatever.

Trueblue25 said:
How about you play more than 5 1/2 guys against the worst team in the nation when we have Duke on Saturday. A loss to BC is bad. Exhausting our starters is bad. Going into Cameron tired is awful.

Raise your hand if you want to see bus, bj or patterson playing in this game saturday. My hand is down.

JB was fine in presser but he was tough on Roc for sure. He stressed the obvious, we have to be better offensively.

iommi said:
What about Roberson?

That was a typo. It was supposed to include roberson.

Hell no. What has he done to warrant minutes this year?

How about you play more than 5 1/2 guys against the worst team in the nation when we have Duke on Saturday.

A loss to BC is bad. Exhausting our starters is bad. Going into Cameron tired is awful.
Duke has an emotional game tomorrow night that will have some impact on them imo. Also, as crazy as this sounds, I think we match up better against Duke than teams like BC - at least from a style of play standpoint. Duke won't be holding the ball for 35 seconds to keep the score down like BC did and we will see a more wide open game than we did tonight.

Raise your hand if you want to see bus, bj or patterson playing in this game saturday. My hand is down.

That's why you play them liberally tonight when we go up 13 so the starters are fresh for Saturday.

I actually had a bigger problem with CJ's failure to grab that board and get the put back. He had position but failed to put a body on the BC guy who basically snuck in front of him and took the win. Plenty of blame to go around....I was really disappointed that we couldn't seem to press our physical advantage. We were outrebounded by the 343rd ranked rebounding team in the nation tonight.

That was a typo. It was supposed to include roberson.

Hell no. What has he done to warrant minutes this year?

He hasn't had sufficient opportunity. That said, Saturday isn't the place to start.

That makes no sense. Giving roberson a minute or two will not all of a sudden recharge cj like he just sniffed a bar if irish spring.

It gives JB a chance to tell him to stop trying to be Superman when he has 4 teammates. 7-23 tonight, played all 45 minutes.

Thought it was a nice shot - soft touch. Surprised it didn't go down for the winner.

Tough one for Rak though, you need to make that. I thought the pass should have gone to Grant coming in from the wing tbh, but whatever.

I thought it was a terrible shot. Need to power dribble, or power move, pump fake, get the foul and the dunk. To shoot a baby hook in that situation is unacceptable. Love it when JB agrees with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom