JB's comments - good or coach speak? | Syracusefan.com

JB's comments - good or coach speak?

Alcuse01

Scout Team
Last night they had JB and Cal on ESPN and JB stated the loss was good for us b/c it makes our guys wake up, and that winning can make excuses for mistakes. So this was reported all over, but I like how he said we had 2 really focussed and spirited practices.

Do you buy into the practices or is he just using coach speak? Anyone hear anything on campus?

Last night they had JB and Cal on ESPN and JB stated the loss was good for us b/c it makes our guys wake up, and that winning can make excuses for mistakes. So this was reported all over, but I like how he said we had 2 really focussed and spirited practices.

Do you buy into the practices or is he just using coach speak? Anyone hear anything on campus?

I woul bet that they did. Im sure the players were watching and would know if he is FOS or not.

I woul bet that they did. Im sure the players were watching and would know if he is FOS or not.
yea didn't Scoop say the same thing?

Scoop doesn't need to say anything, just needs to show up to play. :)
it would probably be weird if he just sat there and didn't say anything while he is being interviewed on the news;)

Of course its coach speak BS. If you recall, when previously asked if losing to notre dame was a blessing since it took away the pressure of an undefeated season he said it was NOT, that if they went into the tourney undefeated they would have so much confidence it would override and pressure from being perfect.

So...obviously this contradicts his more recent statements...but he HAS to say these things now..what is he going to say? "Im worried about my team, we suck right now..etc etc"

Of course its coach speak BS. If you recall, when previously asked if losing to notre dame was a blessing since it took away the pressure of an undefeated season he said it was NOT, that if they went into the tourney undefeated they would have so much confidence it would override and pressure from being perfect.

So...obviously this contradicts his more recent statements...but he HAS to say these things now..what is he going to say? "Im worried about my team, we suck right now..etc etc"
Good practices lead to good games. Ergo no BS.

Good practices lead to good games. Ergo no BS.

so we didnt have good practices for those two weeks where we totaled one game?
Im not buying this "we lost so now they are practicing harder" crap. If it were really an issue of not practicing hard before, then we have a serious motivational problem given how many close calls we've had post Melo's suspension

I think it is a great thing. That's exactly how I'd expect a good team to respond to a disappointing loss, where they didn't answer the bell.

There's no margin for error in a single elimination tournament, and we've played our best ball when we've been focused. I hope we bring the defensive intensity like JB / Scoop described--because that's what made us a special team this year. All year long, defense has been our best offense.

I don't have all the data to support this, but my impression is that for several weeks SU has been falling behind in the early parts of games. And that we are then able through super effort to close the gap, get even and then win the game in at the end. I call this "Waiters Time".

It's happened so frequently that I was actually expecting us to catch and beat UC. We would have ... but we jst ran out of time.That's what SU has to focus on is not letting these teams get out in front.

Of course part of the problem is our st1uggling half court offense and the propensity of Triche and Scoop early in the game to turn the ball over or to jack up three's.

Even though I missed the Cincy game, it sounds like Dion played with spirit in that game. If everyone can commit to that type of focus and and sense of urgency I think it would be a very good situation.

so, that raises the question: Did Fab participate in those practices?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom