JB's Presser after Cornell | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Cornell

you think the game plan was the problem tonight? We were playing Cornell. Let's be honest, the kids should be able to take a kid off any floor at Watson Hall, have him coach or her for that matter, and roll Cornell.

There were many issues tonight. Nothing singular.

I'm getting old but it was in the last week or so. Obviously not after Ohio St so figure from there.

Gotcha. Glad he did. I wish he’d publicly put the honus on himself and the coaching staff more often. Even if it ain’t their fault. Refreshing.

I don’t understand this post! I mean I do but it’s ridiculous. JB is a HOF coach. Do you think he didn’t tell the team what Cornell does? To watch for this or that? JB watches and studies more basketball than anyone. He was honest and yes the team played like crap. The centers are giving us nothing. Hughes was nowhere to be seen. Don’t dump on the coach for saying the way it is. These are D1 basketball players, most of which have dreams to do this for a living. I’m a chef, do you think my boss never told me growing up that I was cooking like sh$T that night? Please he told it the way it was tonight. It was hard to watch.

He is not putting the team in position to exploit match ups. Last night wasn't Jims best. He failed to get his team motivated, and failed at making adjustments on the D end to take their guard off his spot. His substitution pattern was ineffective at best. Basically he did little as a coach to put his team in position to win and was simply bailed out by Battle.

His news conferences after a poor performance echo what his critics on the board have said about the game. The issue is: could he have prevented the bad performance? Coaches don't coach players to do bad things. the players have to play the game.
Yes through substitution. JB has always been good at using the hook to teach. Actually he has often been criticized for being too stern, or rigid in its use. This year he is allowing players multiple often repeated mistakes without pulling them. I have no idea why as he has the bench to do so. I also dont see him spending much time with players who are subbed out. Very little player coach bench interactions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom