JB's Presser after Duke | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Duke

one of JB's better PP's. took the time to really lay out and reflect on the current scandal and offer insight into the complexities involved on both sides of the argument. i agree with most of his analysis. well done.

Last edited:
Best JB presser ever and I say that not about basketball but his answers to all this agent stuff, paying players, etc. Take a listen to the last half of this presser, it’s worth it. The NCAA should put JB in charge of a committee to make changes.

Last edited:
So, in this press conference Coach Boeheim pretty much state's that Syracuse is not involved in this pay to play scheme and has never been involved in any player paying scheme.

I have no idea anymore who is clean and who isn’t but you believe what you want.
I think the FBI is aware of damage that could be done to programs by including in their release, and I don't think they are going to just leave some teams out because they are doing things in a haphazard way. But if you want ro assume JB is a liar, then go ahead.

I think the FBI is aware of damage that could be done to programs by including in their release, and I don't think they are going to just leave some teams out because they are doing things in a haphazard way. But if you want ro assume JB is a liar, then go ahead.

There is more to come...this is coming out a little at a time...I thought everyone knew that.

There is more to come...this is coming out a little at a time...I thought everyone knew that.
Did you watch the presser or are you just trolling?

We clearly aren’t talking about the same thing. Relax I have better things to do than troll someone in here

We clearly aren’t talking about the same thing. Relax I have better things to do than troll someone in here
This should be satisfactory to you and everyone else who doesn't like jB. If it is found out that he or his staff was involved in this player buying scheme, he is done at Syracuse right then and there.

This should be satisfactory to you and everyone else who doesn't like jB. If it is found out that he or his staff was involved in this player buying scheme, he is done at Syracuse right then and there.

I respect the coach and everything he has accomplished...and I sure as hell hope we haven’t been involved in this BS. I’m not sure why you have to like the coach to be a ‘fan’. The game, for me, is about the players and that’s what draws me in...not the coach.

OMFG you don't get it.
The FBI didn’t release the teams guilty.
They indicted a shoe company executive from Adidas who they were confident they had enough evidence to criminally charge.
They also indicted 4 assistant coaches on bribery and wire charges who the feds again had evidence enough to charge.

The FBI didn’t leave any teams out.
The yahoo reporters got access to the evidence in the case file. They have leaked out bits and pieces of the information the feds have. The feds aren’t going to comment on any program or allege anything before charging them.

Have whatever opinion you want stop misconstruing facts. Nobody wants Syracuse implicated.

Don't agree with everything he said, but kudos to him for that answer. It was real, had insights that matter since he is who he is and didn't have any BS (at least that I could tell).

I cannot listen to one more minute of Dickie V talking about the same topic. JB's answer was incredibly refreshing (for such a hard topic).

OMFG you don't get it.
The FBI didn’t release the teams guilty.
They indicted a shoe company executive from Adidas who they were confident they had enough evidence to criminally charge.
They also indicted 4 assistant coaches on bribery and wire charges who the feds again had evidence enough to charge.

The FBI didn’t leave any teams out.
The yahoo reporters got access to the evidence in the case file. They have leaked out bits and pieces of the information the feds have. The feds aren’t going to comment on any program or allege anything before charging them.

Have whatever opinion you want stop misconstruing facts. Nobody wants Syracuse implicated.
I will take JB at his word.

80746D45-9A3D-4691-A923-BB5A5D199C89.jpeg

Maybe I just misunderstood ... but seemed like he implied he was against players being able to do commercials, etc because it would happen "all the time" etc etc. Maybe not against it, per se, but implying it would open pandora's box. I'm not sure I agree with this ... plenty of NBA players really struggling to find endorsement deals, appearances, etc. Not sure why it would be that much easier for a college player, or why it would really get out of hand. I guess I am just nauseatingly pro-players having the right to capitalize on their own likeness. The universities have the right to pay the players whatever the hell they want but I think restricting the ability to capitalize on your own likeness when media companies, shoe companies, coaches, etc can is almost criminal.

Maybe I just misunderstood ... but seemed like he implied he was against players being able to do commercials, etc because it would happen "all the time" etc etc. Maybe not against it, per se, but implying it would open pandora's box. I'm not sure I agree with this ... plenty of NBA players really struggling to find endorsement deals, appearances, etc. Not sure why it would be that much easier for a college player, or why it would really get out of hand. I guess I am just nauseatingly pro-players having the right to capitalize on their own likeness. The universities have the right to pay the players whatever the hell they want but I think restricting the ability to capitalize on your own likeness when media companies, shoe companies, coaches, etc can is almost criminal.
I believe he was saying that it would be used a front for schools to pay players

For instance, and not that he would, but Billy Fucillo could pay our guys $10k a pop to do local car commercials. There would not have to be an economic reality for doing it. It's about the boosters becoming even more important to the program, thereby creating access and leverage by being the loud and proud money men. ( I think women are generally too smart to spend money in this fashion.)

For instance, and not that he would, but Billy Fucillo could pay our guys $10k a pop to do local car commercials. There would not have to be an economic reality for doing it. It's about the boosters becoming even more important to the program, thereby creating access and leverage by being the loud and proud money men. ( I think women are generally too smart to spend money in this fashion.)

Totally agree on the booster side.

What agents do to promote how they can make players tons of money away from their NBA contracts would come to the college level. Marketing pitches would become insane and...unfortunate.

The arms race will never end, be fair or whatever.

I think one of JBs bigger points if not the biggest is that paying players in any sense doesn’t make the agents go away. The agents are still going to try and lock players up for after college and a cut of their nba contract.

I think one of JBs bigger points if not the biggest is that paying players in any sense doesn’t make the agents go away. The agents are still going to try and lock players up for after college and a cut of their nba contract.

He was also crystal clear that he is against the age limit, that a good portion of the agent shenanigans can be attributed to them chasing one and done talents. Which he went on to say is a very small portion of the D1 players in reality, like 6-8 legitimate talents ready for the NBA out of high school, out of 3,500 athletes. If you just let them go pro out of high school, the game won't be hurt at all and the incentive to corrupt their handlers during college recruiting goes away. He also mentioned something about a program he called 'Cost of Attendance' that is determined by need, and can get a scholarship athlete up to an additional $15K in stipend? I'd never heard of that, but he's in favor of expanding that kind of need based compensation without turning the college game into a pro model. Really insightful stuff from JAB. Now give him his GD wins back!

He was also crystal clear that he is against the age limit, that a good portion of the agent shenanigans can be attributed to them chasing one and done talents. Which he went on to say is a very small portion of the D1 players in reality, like 6-8 legitimate talents ready for the NBA out of high school, out of 3,500 athletes. If you just let them go pro out of high school, the game won't be hurt at all and the incentive to corrupt their handlers during college recruiting goes away. He also mentioned something about a program he called 'Cost of Attendance' that is determined by need, and can get a scholarship athlete up to an additional $15K in stipend? I'd never heard of that, but he's in favor of expanding that kind of need based compensation without turning the college game into a pro model. Really insightful stuff from JAB. Now give him his GD wins back!
After the 6-8 players, there are maybe another 100 or so that agents want to lock into their agency so that when and if they develop, they have them in the fold. #giveboeheimbackhiswins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom