Jeff Nixon | Syracusefan.com

Jeff Nixon

Overall, calls a great game. Only blip I see, second week in a row he mismanaged clock, with a three pass, three and out series. End of the first half, GA Tech should not have had any time, even with the blocked punt.

Overall, calls a great game. Only blip I see, second week in a row he mismanaged clock, with a three pass, three and out series. End of the first half, GA Tech should not have had any time, even with the blocked punt.
It' didn't bite us but throwing 3 times when we got the ball with 2 minutes left was... something.

I didn’t like the two passes to start our last drive with 2 minutes left in the game but man he’s been great.

IIRC that was the drive OG dropped a first down pass right on the money, I can't fault the OC for that.

I know it is smarter to play the clock, but anyone that has played golf with me knows, I GO FOR IT. The three point win is nice, but we could have blown out the paper bees.

It was a great, albeit obvious call. I am not a footballologist, but you could see them selling out on the box, all you had to do is create an outside option.
But the point is, everything they did up to that point got Tech to sell out on the inside game. Allowing that play to work beautifully.

You can also bet they had a check call, that if they were light in the middle to protect the edge, McCord would have handed off to Allen on the dive.

But the point is, everything they did up to that point got Tech to sell out on the inside game. Allowing that play to work beautifully.

You can also bet they had a check call, that if they were light in the middle to protect the edge, McCord would have handed off to Allen on the dive.
Yes, absolutely. Nixon really called a great game.

Like I’ve said, pay the man want at least 3 years with him
Yes, at least 3 years. But, maybe he is cool with being an OC and he can become Fran's trusted OC for a couple decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom