Jerami Grant Growth Spurt? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Growth Spurt?

He is heading back to Maryland on August 10th so I will find out then. She did say she wouldn't doubt it one bit he was 6'8-6'9 last time she saw him which was a month ago

Bigger than DC, better handle than Sherm, better jumper than Redick. And he still won't see a minute this year.

Shout out to Jon Rothstein for sparking a classic height thread. These are my favorites and it's been way too long since I've seen one here.

For what it's worth, Grant measured at 6'8 with shoes on at one of the Nike camps last summer.

Are people really comparing Grant to John Wallace? He's a nice prospect for sure , but this alleged 2 inches of growth have some of you going off the deep end.

Agree I think the obvious comparison was a more athletic Kevin Durant.

Im guessing that the people that think Grant has a great jumper have never watched him play and are simply basing their opinions off of youtube highlight reels in which EVERY shot goes in. His shooting form has certainly improved over the past 18 months or so but I dont think JB will give him the green light to shoot 3's. Hes a slasher and is very effective at using 2-3 dribbles to get to the basket and draw a foul. He also possesses great body control and and wont frustrate the heck out of us in the same way KJo did when he racked up charge calls. Unfortunately, he isnt a great ft shooter...yet.

Im guessing that the people that think Grant has a great jumper have never watched him play and are simply basing their opinions off of youtube highlight reels in which EVERY shot goes in. His shooting form has certainly improved over the past 18 months or so but I dont think JB will give him the green light to shoot 3's. Hes a slasher and is very effective at using 2-3 dribbles to get to the basket and draw a foul. He also possesses great body control and and wont frustrate the heck out of us in the same way KJo did when he racked up charge calls. Unfortunately, he isnt a great ft shooter...yet.

No one said he was chris mullin , but he has the ability.

Pic doesnt tell the truth, when sneakers come into factor, they all make you a little taller, how much depends on which one you wear, i believe he grew some, how much, noone knows for sure yet.

...and Dekker and Goodwin could have those stackable gel heel thingies in their shoes to make them look taller. I thought about getting a set of those myself so I could dominate the glass in my driveway.

For what it's worth, i grew four or five inches between high school graduation and SU freshman year Christmas break.

His father Harvey Grant was 6-8 195. He went to JC, then to Clemson where he averaged 14.9 minutes, 5.1 points and 4.5 rebounds as a 19 year old. He then transferred to Oklahoma. His twin brother Horace grew to 6-10 215, also went to Clemson and as an 18 year old freshman played 19.7 minutes per game and averaged 5.7 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.

It appears Jerami may be growing from Harvey into Horace. Granted, (no pun intended), it was Clemson but I think the family genes suggest that Jerami will see significant action this year. If he's growing it looks like he will become a mobile power forward instead of a small forward. One more option for JB who will have many of them.

Can knock a quarter off the top of the backboard.

44cuse
Grant can make change for a quarter off the top of the backboard.

Grant can make change for a quarter off the top of the backboard.

That's pretty funny. The only difference is: that is actually what people said about Tony Scott.

I remember standing next to a young Stephon Marbury at Big Orange wondering if T. Scott was going to try it. He could get up. To this day when I see a couple of my friends that I see only every couple of years...they still make the Tony Scott joke.

44cuse

Tony Scott 1.2

Not worthy of a reply, but he doesn't shoot from outside that much. Have you ever watched Grant play? I watched DeMatha probably 4 times last season, and saw him in the all-star games and some AAU clips. If you think he's Tony Scott, you're just being a douche. Tony Scott was a jump shooter. Grant has a very nice all around game.

@JonRothstein: Syracuse Jerami Grant is now supposedly a legit 6-10. Will be menace in the 2-3. bigger Julius Hodge. via @YungFlanagan

Ummm...holy crap that's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have sent Mike Waters two emails July 26 & July 29 asking him if he could find out if there is any thruth to this and have not heard back yet.

I thought the same thing. I watched Tony Scott a number of times in hs and his 1 year at SU. Happened to bump into him in rochester a few years ago. Really nice young man who has a job working with youth. I remember him saying that leaving Syracuse was the biggest mistake of his life...

forgot to complete my thought. Tony Scott's game was not at all like Jerami Grant's. Tony was strictly an outside shooter, didn't like the paint at all. Jerami seems more like a mid range player that doesn't mind mixing it up around the basket.