Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards told ESPN ... "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

Well that's not encouraging. But not a surprise given how JB's comments regarding NIL until just very recently was along the lines that he and the Athletic dept had nothing to do with NIL. It was a conversation a recruit should have with the private business community. Wonder how many recruits immediately eliminated Syracuse after hearing that answer.

If someone is getting paid $800,000, they should be able to get his team into the tournament. That would be my response if I was Red. Pay Dickinson $1 million and say he’s someone we feel can get us into the tournament. That should tell Jesse everything he needs to know.

I can’t answer for him but it doesn’t really matter if his comments are accurate if other people believe they are.
Givony is a professional journalist, has an excellent reputation and is with the world's largest sports media outlet. He's not going to make up quotes and get himself fired and never be hireable again. SYR fans need to get their head out of the sand and realize how badly this situation was handled. Don’t blame the messenger. Jesse is only giving his opinion, to think he did not say it is complete denial.

Edwards told ESPN ... "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

Well that's not encouraging. But not a surprise given how JB's comments regarding NIL until just very recently was along the lines that he and the Athletic dept had nothing to do with NIL. It was a conversation a recruit should have with the private business community. Wonder how many recruits immediately eliminated Syracuse after hearing that answer.
Why are our fans blindly buying one side of the Weitsman and Edwards stories?

Cuse won’t directly respond to Jesse’s trash comments, but it needs to do something quick to show recruits they can make NIL money here.
If 400K isn't showing that you can make NIL money, then close up shop because 99.99% of people in this country and globally will never see that money in a calendar year especially in a few months like a college athlete. Jesse isn't that dude and never has been. He was third team All ACC not a first teamer.

That site puts most of their NIL value on the number of social media followers.

Which is an actual real ROI measurement for NIL. Unfortunately, as was predicted, NIL has zero basis in financial reality and is strictly pay for play, despite that being against the rules of the feckless organization with no intention to enforce them.

If someone is getting paid $800,000, they should be able to get his team into the tournament. That would be my response if I was Red. Pay Dickinson $1 million and say he’s someone we feel can get us into the tournament. That should tell Jesse everything he needs to know.
Michigan didn’t make NCAA tourney either

damaging, damaging comments from someone who was our best player last year
The best player on a team that wasn’t close to the tourney.
* shrug *

I liked Jesse but honestly this really doesn’t move the needle that much for me. These dudes playing 5 years of college are cringe to me. Go away. (Note..I get it...not suggesting they shouldn’t take the money)

that said...if Mintz goes elsewhere and not the draft,...that would bother me quite a bit.

Some definitely are but I think most just want to see us being a player in this new era. All the publicity lately surrounding NIL has been bad and it keeps piling on. Obviously the school can't defend their position but landing a big time player would really help right now. Zoom calls are great but it's not enough. People need a little patience to see how this plays out but if we don't land someone big it will continue to snowball.

Probably because our athletic department screws up everything. They couldn’t announce JB’s retirement without screwing up. They have a $billion dollar fan they can’t even take the time to sit down and have a conversation. If they don’t need his money, why should I have to make a $800 donation for each of my basketball season tickets? Our AD has gone into hibernation without saying anything, while our program gets blasted all over the country by social media. It sounds like we’re ten years behind the times.

We offered Jesse $400k. His Dad demanded $800k.

Ironic that someone who isn't "playing for NIL money" left for more NIL money.

Givony is a professional journalist, has an excellent reputation and is with the world's largest sports media outlet. He's not going to make up quotes and get himself fired and never be hireable again. SYR fans need to get their head out of the sand and realize how badly this situation was handled. Don’t blame the messenger. Jesse is only giving his opinion, to think he did not say it is complete denial.

Nobody said Givony made up the comments. People are saying Jesse is saying BS.

The situation was handled fine. Jesse is lying. People know he’s lying. This was 100% about him getting more money. Jesse sucks.

You guys don’t think he made those comments because it might actually be reality ? Just curious why there’s so many issues with what he said… fire away lol

At this point not sure it matters. The entire social media verse is in the camp that everything from Jesse, AW is accurate, the University has royally messed up and then on the fringe of that folks clamoring leadership should be booted and replaced.

All that said- it's confusing to follow and not sure anything at this point is going to clear this stain for a while. Say leadership was pushed out... then what? It's honestly a pretty embarrassing ordeal overall.

Why say it’s not about NIL and then proceed to immediately talk about NIL lol.
People say stupid stuff all the time. Maybe from Jesse's perspective, he felt let down by a program that he's been with for 4 years now and felt the offer could've been better? Idk...I think 800k is crazy and I don't blame the staff for going another route but I can see how Jesse might feel a certain way. Is what it is and time to move on!

At this point not sure it matters. The entire social media verse is in the camp that everything from Jesse, AW is accurate, the University has royally messed up and then on the fringe of that folks clamoring leadership should be booted and replaced.

All that said- it's confusing to follow and not sure anything at this point is going to clear this stain for a while. Say leadership was pushed out... then what? It's honestly a pretty embarrassing ordeal overall.

LOL

LOL

Funny and ridiculous as it may be... we are a trending joke on social media right now. I've got no issue with not feeding the trolls or angry social media folks. And was only dropping a stupid hypothetical.. but none of these perceived "solutions" would do any good... and yet people truly think it would...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom