Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows the exact numbers, but the kid was asked a question and he answered it, maybe its true maybe its not, but the narrative is that Syracuse is failing in the NIL game. This is following the whole Adam W fiasco, which I still say is a giant mistake by the University. It doesnt matter which side of the argument you fall on we all know if the team is successful next year nobody will care, but if they have a horrid year it will just make this narrative look even worse. NIL is here, its ugly but its reality and a University has to decide if they want to be in big business of D1 power 5 sports or want to be a doormat.

So long as it stops being news sure. Harsh reality is social media drives most conversations these days. It's the preferred vehicle anymore. I consume far less than the average person. Would be nice if no one was paying attention to it.

Honestly you’re experiences have been so uniformily negative wrt social media that I’m not even sure why you bother at this point.

I got rid of the Twitter Ap months ago because I realized mainlining takes was having a not-so-great impact on my general happiness.

Honestly you’re experiences have been so uniformily negative wrt social media that I’m not even sure why you bother at this point.

I got rid of the Twitter Ap months ago because I realized mainlining takes was having a not-so-great impact on my general happiness.

Literally only for sports these days. Most of the time it's seeing something someone else linked here...

Funny and ridiculous as it may be... we are a trending joke on social media right now. I've got no issue with not feeding the trolls or angry social media folks. And was only dropping a stupid hypothetical.. but none of these perceived "solutions" would do any good... and yet people truly think it would...

I laughed because it drives me nuts that people want to fire people for something someone else said that’s not even true. That’s always a cop out. As to a trending joke, that just shows you how many stupid people are on social media.

Nobody knows the exact numbers, but the kid was asked a question and he answered it, maybe its true maybe its not, but the narrative is that Syracuse is failing in the NIL game. This is following the whole Adam W fiasco, which I still say is a giant mistake by the University. It doesnt matter which side of the argument you fall on we all know if the team is successful next year nobody will care, but if they have a horrid year it will just make this narrative look even worse. NIL is here, its ugly but its reality and a University has to decide if they want to be in big business of D1 power 5 sports or want to be a doormat.
Cusefan69 You got this?

I laughed because it drives me nuts that people want to fire people for something someone else said that’s not even true. That’s always a cop out. As to a trending joke, that just shows you how many stupid people there are

FIFY...

So Jesse says it isn't about NIL. If that were the case, he would have gone to Kansas. Or the Zags. Or stayed at SU. He took a bag. No harm in it in this day and age but do so gracefully and don't take a swipe at SU on the way out. No wonder the staff didn't tweet something complimentary when he hit the portal like they did with Joe.

I hope that's my last post on Edwards. He is gone and now falls into the category of Guys Who Once Played For SU.

Jesse’s young. He will learn how to public speak - that rarely comes naturally. Good luck to him.

Now let’s go get a center.

So Jesse's says it isn't about NIL. If that were the case, he would have gone to Kansas. Or the Zags. Or stayed at SU. He took a bag. No harm in it in this day and age but do so gracefully and don't take a swipe at SU on the way out. No wonder the staff didn't tweet something complimentary when he hit the portal like they did with Joe.

I hope that's my last post on Edwards. He is gone and now falls into the category of Guys Who Once Played For SU.
Great point regarding staff not tweeting something like they did for Joe. Makes sense too. Seems like any bridges Jesse didn’t already burn, have now been burnt to the ground with these comments.

Probably because our athletic department screws up everything. They couldn’t announce JB’s retirement without screwing up. They have a $billion dollar fan they can’t even take the time to sit down and have a conversation. If they don’t need his money, why should I have to make a $800 donation for each of my basketball season tickets? Our AD has gone into hibernation without saying anything, while our program gets blasted all over the country by social media. It sounds like we’re ten years behind the times.

JB screwed up his own retirement. And how do you know they haven't tried to have a conversation with AW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom