Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which positions this all into who is accurate here. We can't really nail it down and there is incentive for Edwards and WVU to hold the position they are in order to benefit them. SU then could be at fault and there could be a relationship to the loss of AW.. but to chase that story and narrative to me is harmful in the absence of being able to directly address it. It spirals out from here. I haven't seen a single other school with this kind of negative swirl around NIL. Miami was news for a few days but this feels like the Ringling Brothers in comparison.
I agree with that as well, the whole thing is a bad look, it is frustrating, and is losing Jesse Edwards an end of the word situation no, but if Syracuse sports start to not be consistently competitive and expansion happens again, I worry that we could be left in the cold that's my overall biggest concern. Right now is not the time to be sub par.

I agree with that as well, the whole thing is a bad look, it is frustrating, and is losing Jesse Edwards an end of the word situation no, but if Syracuse sports start to not be consistently competitive and expansion happens again, I worry that we could be left in the cold that's my overall biggest concern. Right now is not the time to be sub par.
Have you considered that overpaying for Edwards at the expense of bringing in other players might keep us sub par?

Have you considered that getting a third probation over AW’s IG account might keep us sub par?

Have you considered that it’s only April 16th?

Now all you need are some facts.
Please educate me. here what I know is fact.
We just lost a top 20 player to Portal
He just said we are not serious about NIL in so many words and its on ESPN front page for everybody to see
we shunned a Billionaire donor who was contributing to NIl
The football team lost most likely the best two defensive players on the team, and one who was for a fact trying to get a reasonable offer and we wouldn't even get in the ballpark to that number. but that could even be overlooked because the went to powerhouse schools
Eric Devendorf on a podcast said basically the same thing that Jesse Edwards said just not as blunt.

That’s a great, when you have a better option waiting, which we don’t. So when Hima, Patterson, Brown, Carey, et al, are getting abused, we will be pining for Jesse.
Very short sighted by NIL/BOT/Sevyrud. Their irrational arrogance and holier than thou attitude toward the new world has precipitated the downfall of SU as a program that matters in college FB and BB. The money put into the Dome will be wasted if they won’t spend what needs to be spent on NIL.
My goodness, it’s like you haven’t read anything here for a week. What a load of crap.

Have you considered that overpaying for Edwards at the expense of bringing in other players might keep us sub par?

Have you considered that getting a third probation over AW’s IG account might keep us sub par?

It’s a one year payment. We don’t know what the market was, so you can’t say he was overpaid. SU is notoriously cheap when it comes to athletics, and overall. (By my understanding, two programs, law and business, were on the brink of losing their accreditation due to lack of spending.)
Is there a restricted NIL budget, or do we have people (anymore) doing what is needed to be competitive? The answer appears to be “no.”

Did you read the part where I said if they turn out to have a great season next year then nobody will care about this? Probation?? are you kidding its the wild west out there, the NCAA has no control which I hate by the way, the Spyre group of Tennessee is literally searching for matches for Tennessee in the open market and getting them NIL deals then sending them to the coaches.

Please educate me. here what I know is fact.
We just lost a top 20 player to Portal
He just said we are not serious about NIL in so many words and its on ESPN front page for everybody to see
we shunned a Billionaire donor who was contributing to NIl
The football team lost most likely the best two defensive players on the team, and one who was for a fact trying to get a reasonable offer and we wouldn't even get in the ballpark to that number. but that could even be overlooked because the went to powerhouse schools
Eric Devendorf on a podcast said basically the same thing that Jesse Edwards said just not as blunt.
Eric Devendorf is Adams friend and is or has been paid by Adam in the past.

Eric has great insights, but I'd take what he says, within the context of his relationship with Adam, into account

Did you read the part where I said if they turn out to have a great season next year then nobody will care about this? Probation?? are you kidding its the wild west out there, the NCAA has no control which I hate by the way, the Spyre group of Tennessee is literally searching for matches for Tennessee in the open market and getting them NIL deals then sending them to the coaches.
How many programs have been on probation twice in the last 30 years?

Yeah I'm sure that's it. Ever considered that if you are squeezing 800k out of a booster you might be a bit desperate?
Gee, if only we had a guy who might have ponied up. Oh, that’s right, we did. How do you think recruiting went before that? Hey Rapp, we got Billy ready to go, but he needs a new car and $1,000.00 month.
Bill: OK, tell me where and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors