Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Edwards had accepted a lower amount and then asked for the $400k to match another supposed offer and then accepted that and again asked for several hundred thousand more. How many times can that happen and who is to say that it wouldn't happen again?
I would imagine this will happen many many more times, I am against this but this is basically free agency, and its brutal dog eat dog situation.

You guys don’t think he made those comments because it might actually be reality ? Just curious why there’s so many issues with what he said… fire away lol
I'm in this camp.
Frankly this is starting to smell like a boatload of "kill the messenger".
Suddenly Jesse Edwards is an overvalued, greedy, loudmouth ingrate, who deserted us and doesn't care about burning bridges.
Look, if we pick up Dickinson and end up having a good year next year, then I'll gladly and happily eat crow.
But I'm seeing lots of excuses, and I'm trending towards the conclusion that SU is just not prepared to play in the game that is now cbb. I and we, have seen this movie before- so excuse those of us who are skeptical about what's to come. One look at the long-term decimation of our football program, which was mostly due to a lack of commitment and resources, should surely justify the PTSD symptoms prevalent in our fanbase.
By any measure, this is an embarrassing and terrible look. JMHO

I'm in this camp.
Suddenly Jesse Edwards is an overvalued, greedy, loudmouth ingrate, who deserted us and doesn't care about burning bridges.
Look, if we pick up Dickinson and end up having a good year next year, then I'll gladly and happily eat crow.
But I'm seeing lots of excuses, and I'm trending towards the conclusion that SU is just not prepared to play in the game that is now cbb. I and we, have seen this movie before- so excuse those of us who are skeptical about what's to come. One look at the decimation of our football program, mostly due to a lack of commitment and resources, should surely justify the PTSD symptoms prevalent in our fanbase.
He’s 100% lying about SU not wanting to play in the NIL world. 100% lying. He knows what went down, and many people here have posted it in this thread.

He can follow Daddy’s orders and take the money. That’s fine. But don’t lie about the circumstances to make SU look bad. He’s an azz for doing that.

He’s 100% lying about SU not wanting to play in the NIL world. 100% lying. He knows what went down, and many people here have posted it in this thread.

He can follow Daddy’s orders and take the money. That’s fine. But don’t lie about the circumstances to make SU look bad. He’s an azz for doing that.
Fair enough.
But was Jesse a closet a-hole all along & we just didn't know it? What could've gone down to actually make Jesse turn into a heel towards SU? And what can be done to make sure it doesn't happen again?
I repeat, regardless of the details, to have a four year vet lash out like this is simply ridiculous.

In free agency, when you accept a deal, it's done.
ahhh when you sign on the dotted line the deal is done, no signed contract, no deal. Also in the pros, teams back out of deals all the time if not Correa would be a Giant or Met.

Ok maybe we offered him 400k I don't know lets say that's fact
WVU offered 800k lets say that's fact I don't know that for sure but ok fact
Dad said take the money I am sure that's fact
but why would Edwards have to save face? I don't believe that's fact, almost any kid would take the money and run in that situation if that's how it went down. And if 400k is the difference I am very interested to see how that money if it even exists is better allocated. Like I said all along we win nobody cares, but it is going to get real salty around here around end of January if its clear we will be missing the tourney yet again and Edwards is first or second team all Big 12.
Why would he have to save face? I don't know, maybe because he's paranoid that people will think he only did it for the money. Or because he's covering for his dad. Or because he told the coaching staff he was staying and went back on his word.

I've watched/listened to him in one interview and read his words in another. All I can tell you is he's a terrible liar and it couldn't be more obvious.

I'm in this camp.
But I'm seeing lots of excuses, and I'm trending towards the conclusion that SU is just not prepared to play in the game that is now cbb. I and we, have seen this movie before- so excuse those of us who are skeptical about what's to come. One look at the long-term decimation of our football program, which was mostly due to a lack of commitment and resources, should surely justify the PTSD symptoms prevalent in our fanbase.
You're in the fantasy camp.

Fair enough.
But was Jesse a closet a-hole all along & we just didn't know it? What could've gone down to actually make Jesse turn into a heel towards SU? And what can be done to make sure it doesn't happen again?
I repeat, regardless of the details, to have a four year vet lash out like this is simply ridiculous.
He’s clearly having a hard time reconciling that his Dad “made” him leave a place he liked for the cash. He doesn’t want to be mad at Dad, and he can’t think poorly of himself, so he’s concocted a BS story to cover for how gross it all is.

People do that all the time. But they should expect to be called out on it.

He clearly was an immature twit all along.

Fair enough.
He might have been covering for his Dad

Fair enough.
It is ridiculous...for the player. SU doesn't have any control over what Edwards says. At best, Papa Edwards put him in an awkward situation and Edwards is fumbling his way through it.

Been out today, and so far only on page 114, but before I read this novel, I want to point out that I sort of "defended" Jesse or tried to point out how much we really did not know. Well, no more. This was just a horrible thing that he did throwing SU under the bus the way he did. Immature, wrong, and I am no longer a Jesse fan, SU alum or not. Fine with him leaving for the $$$, but keep it classy, please.

1.Southern Methodist (SMU):Eight, all football.

2.Arizona State:Eight, mostly baseball.

3.Auburn:Seven, mixed bag of violations, biggest were football.
4.Florida State: Seven academic scandals mostly involving all sports. Most publicized were football related.

5.Oklahoma:Seven, five were football related.

6-10:Memphis, Texas A&M, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Wichita State also all had seven violations

And by conference
Dirtiest Conferences:
1. Big 12: 39 football related major violations

2. SEC (Surely Everyone's Cheating) 32 football related major violations

3.Pac-12 : 26 football related major violations

4. Big 10: 19 football related major violations

5.ACC: 17 football related major violations
In other words, we're the only basketball program that has been on probation at least twice in the last 30 years.

In other words, we're the only basketball program that has been on probation at least twice in the last 30 years.
I highly doubt it, and us being on probation twice in 30 years is such a horrible defense for not competing in the market if that is the case. You may have sources that say its a factor and I would tell that person they need to wake up and its ridiculous. Michigan was highly sanctioned, Kansas was and should be again because Bill Self is filthy, Arizona was Filthy, LSU Wade was caught on tape recorder and nothing major happened, `I could go on and on.

Been out today, and so far only on page 114, but before I read this novel, I want to point out that I sort of "defended" Jesse or tried to point out how much we really did not know. Well, no more. This was just a horrible thing that he did throwing SU under the bus the way he did. Immature, wrong, and I am no longer a Jesse fan, SU alum or not. Fine with him leaving for the $$$, but keep it classy, please.

We met his demands, twice.

He was a b team IMG guy that most of this place didn’t want that SU took a chance in.

Honestly f him and his dad and their bs. Let him enjoy his fat sweaty drunk coach next year for his price.

I highly doubt it, and us being on probation twice in 30 years is such a horrible defense for not competing in the market if that is the case. You may have sources that say its a factor and I would tell that person they need to wake up and its ridiculous. Michigan was highly sanctioned, Kansas was and should be again because Bill Self is filthy, Arizona was Filthy, LSU Wade was caught on tape recorder and nothing major happened, `I could go on and on.
If you highly doubt it, find another basketball program that has been on probation at least twice over the last 30 years.

Proactively avoiding a third probation is a horrible defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom