Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any direct quotes from SU on this article? Or even some anonymous sources?
I am not sure where their "advisory" roll ends and "pay-for-play" begins, seems like addressing this publicly could cause some trouble.

Mike Bristol of the 315 collective is quoted. I guarantee the WV quotes are BS spin. They weren't going on a whim they could meet a number and then figure things out after. That's just cya bs.

But the WV quotes don't even really matter given how this story is making the collectives look weak and thus by way of that our ability to compete. It very much opens the door for more of the back and forth around the other NIL storyline.
Bristol's quotes didn't read great - whatever the gist of the story.

Have you heard that billionaire AW isn't going to spend his money on SU anymore, and is instead going to fund Binghampton??????
So you are telling me that those West Virginia miners are super rich, richer than bankers supporting Syracuse?

The narrative being put forward about our NIL game, from both local and national media, is ridiculous. Articles like this are more damaging to the perception of the program than anything they asked or wrote about JB in the last couple of years, imo.

I actually kind of think that Cisse is a better fit than Dickinson for this roster and what I imagine Red's system will look like. But I really want us to land THE big fish in the portal that is Dickinson because it will make everyone shut up about our NIL situation.

Red's job is hard enough as it is given the circumstances. I am not worried in the slightest but it would really help our perception in the college hoops world if we land a stud that everyone is after.

There's an urgency to fundraise but not through Syracuse.com.

One, that article is ridiculous. I love that we're going to go through the motions of pretending how this transpired.

Also, I'm assuming the Mike Bristol quoted is this Mike Bristol? Executive Team – Elite-NIL

That's a curious role for someone that, unless he was quoted out of context or misquoted, really did a poor job in that article.

Also, if you want to read those articles, just get the Google News app.

Mike Bristol of the 315 collective is quoted. I guarantee the WV quotes are BS spin. They weren't going on a whim they could meet a number and then figure things out after. That's just cya bs.

Seriously.

Donna should have framed the quotes from the Country Roads COO as "for entertainment purposes only"

Anyone who cares even a little about this story knows that they agreed on a number.

I'm sure Huggins pitch wasn't I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

But the WV quotes don't even really matter given how this story is making the collectives look weak and thus by way of that our ability to compete. It very much opens the door for more of the back and forth around the other NIL storyline.

One, the second half of that article is a plea for more money. It’s his role. No matter how much we have it’s never gonna be enough. You always want more because it’s not a one time thing. And he’s reaching out to Joe fan vs the big donors.

Two, the proof is in the pudding that we are not NIL poor. We’ve lost two football players and one bball player specifically to NIL. We’ve done just fine on the other side replacing them (as long as we get a big). People think JJ and Westry came free? Other schools have lost more.

We’re doing just fine but every little bit helps. So buck it up buttercups.

One, that article is ridiculous. I love that we're going to go through the motions of pretending how this transpired.

Also, I'm assuming the Mike Bristol quoted is this Mike Bristol? Executive Team – Elite-NIL

That's a curious role for someone that, unless he was quoted out of context or misquoted, really did a poor job in that article.

Thank you! Just read the story.

It's not Donna's job to stick to fluff pieces like the PS/Syracuse.com has done for at least the last 15 years that I've been following the program. Obviously the article on its face doesn't make it look like we have our house in order, and Bristol's quotes are pretty damning on our current setup. It was clear early last season and maybe even earlier that Jesse was good enough to be pursued by other teams, so to hear that the collective only sprung into action over the last month or so is inexcusable IMO.

And tampering is gonna happen, but like anything else, until the NCAA shows that they're going to police it you can't rely on them as a guardrail.

Maybe WVU would still come with a higher offer, but for our NIL structure to be so unprepared is very disappointing. Hopefully they use this as an opportunity to get better.

Last edited:
One, the second half of that article is a plea for more money. It’s his role. No matter how much we have it’s never gonna be enough. You always want more because it’s not a one time thing. And he’s reaching out to Joe fan vs the big donors.

Two, the proof is in the pudding that we are not NIL poor. We’ve lost two football players and one bball player specifically to NIL. We’ve done just fine on the other side replacing them (as long as we get a big). People think JJ and Westry came free? Other schools have lost more.

His comments aren't good. You can ask for money without sounding like you're about to have to panhandle on the street.

I expect more from someone that apparently is employed by the Boeheims and others (or at least was).

[EDIT: And make yourself look ignorant on dealing with international players]

Elite315 comes across very amateurish on their site.

Doesn't inspire a lot of faith

Let me be clear I'm not saying we are NIL poor. Not at all. I get this is a plea to get more people involved of sorts. I also think that it's not great timing and not good press around the issue and certainly can be used against the program in a conversation with current and future recruits.

Counterproductive article is how I see it. Projecting desperation and failure is not how you press on getting support.

Everyone on here sounds a little delusional...there is no media conspiracy to slander SUs NIL program. This is reality, we're clearly behind and not proactive with NIL. A good, proactive NIL operation would have forecasted and planned for the need to get international players good deals. Our team has had countless international players in the past...you'd think someone would have thought to work on this before it was needed.

And I know everyone says we have these "silent" big money donors for this, but the Bristol quote says the opposite, that we're struggling to find more money. Not a great look when you just pushed out your most high profile multi million dollor supporter.

Everyone on here sounds a little delusional...there is no media conspiracy to slander SUs NIL program. This is reality, we're clearly behind and not proactive with NIL. A good, proactive NIL operation would have forecasted and planned for the need to get international players good deals. Our team has had countless international players in the past...you'd think someone would have thought to work on this before it was needed.

And I know everyone says we have these "silent" big money donors for this, but the Bristol quote says the opposite, that we're struggling to find more money. Not a great look when you just pushed out your most high profile multi million dollor supporter.

No one has said conspiracy. But not sure how the way its been put in print is in anyway productive. This does more for our competition and opponents than it does to rally supporters around. Which, to be clear, I'm sure is not the intent.

Let me be clear I'm not saying we are NIL poor. Not at all. I get this is a plea to get more people involved of sorts. I also think that it's not great timing and not good press around the issue and certainly can be used against the program in a conversation with current and future recruits.

Counterproductive article is how I see it. Projecting desperation and failure is not how you press on getting support.
If Jim is part of Elite315 along with Dino, they should be out doing local fundraising for it, and maybe, get them involved with donations during game days where people can contribute at JMA

We pushed out a multi-million dollar supporter?

Im not sure he would divulge anything about big donors, better left unsaid. What this article really does is piss me more that AW can’t play with the collectives and wanted to do his own thing. Talk about not being a team player.

Why not have a spot on the quad for football and the backcourt for basketball where these collectives can get information out or take donations. Are they allowed to do this?

Also with cuse apparel sales.. maybe donation to the collective as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.