Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor has it SU is switching the school colors from pink and pea green to something else.

Stay tuned. I’ll work my sources.
Yesterday, the state officially cracked down on indigenous nicknames. I guess the Saltine Warrior is out of a job. I heard they might be changing the color to Orange. So, maybe we can dress the Saltine Warrior up as an Orange. Call him something like Ozzie the Orange.

This is really unfortunate to read. How is it that the school and the collectives weren't preparing ahead of time to make sure they could get Jesse paid? The story seems to indicate that they were reactive instead of proactive.

This is really unfortunate to read. How is it that the school and the collectives weren't preparing ahead of time to make sure they could get Jesse paid? The story seems to indicate that they were reactive instead of proactive.

This story is not remotely accurate, as it is only telling one side of it.

Pretty sure Jesse & Dad weren't gonna come right out and say

"well, we had a deal in place.
BUT - we were greedy, and kept shopping around.
Cuse raised their offer to match once, but then when we went back out and got yet another higher offer,
Cuse wished us well and said 'don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya'.
So, to CYA about the blatant tampering that went on w/ WVU before Jesse even entered the portal , we made up a story about how inept Syracuse was, rather than admitting it was all about how greedy we were, and how we reneged on 2 deals we had with them".

Cuse raised their offer to match once, but then when we went back out and got yet another higher offer,
Cuse wished us well and said 'don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya'.
So, to CYA about the blatant tampering that went on w/ WVU before Jesse even entered the portal , we made up a story about how inept Syracuse was, rather than admitting it was all about how greedy we were, and how we reneged on 2 deals we had with them".
Agreed, and what was the collective going to come out and say? Jesse isnt worth what he was asking? I think that would've opened an even larger can of worms

Last edited:

They are really stretching this out. Frankly it’s annoying.

Well there is a boatload of spin here paired with another media article that takes the position that we are in poor shape NIL wise. I appreciate the work to get quotes on this but this is simply perpetuating the news cycle on this. Not only that but but every school competing against us has another article to show to a HS or a guy we are mentioned with in the portal.

Disappointed that they greenlighted publishing this article. It is a lose- lose decision in my view.

Are there any direct quotes from SU on this article? Or even some anonymous sources?

Well there is a boatload of spin here paired with another media article that takes the position that we are in poor shape NIL wise. I appreciate the work to get quotes on this but this is simply perpetuating the news cycle on this. Not only that but but every school competing against us has another article to show to a HS or a guy we are mentioned with in the portal.

Disappointed that they greenlighted publishing this article. It is a lose- lose decision in my view.
The narrative being put forward about our NIL game, from both local and national media, is ridiculous. Articles like this are more damaging to the perception of the program than anything they asked or wrote about JB in the last couple of years, imo.

I actually kind of think that Cisse is a better fit than Dickinson for this roster and what I imagine Red's system will look like. But I really want us to land THE big fish in the portal that is Dickinson because it will make everyone shut up about our NIL situation.

Red's job is hard enough as it is given the circumstances. I am not worried in the slightest but it would really help our perception in the college hoops world if we land a stud that everyone is after.

Last edited:
The narrative being put forward about our NIL game, from both local and national media, is ridiculous. Articles like this are more damaging to the perception of the program than anything they asked or wrote about JB in the last couple of years, imo.

I actually kind of think that Cisse is a better fit than Dickinson for this roster and what I imagine Red's system will look like. But I really want us to land THE big fish in the portal that is Dickinson because it will make everyone about our NIL situation.

Red's job is hard enough as it is given the circumstances. I am not worried in the slightest but it would really help our perception in the college hoops world if we land a stud that everyone is after.
One "not so fast" though is that Cisse will need a Ncaa waiver to play immediately. Certainly, nothing guaranteed between Ncaa and SU.

Are there any direct quotes from SU on this article? Or even some anonymous sources?

Mike Bristol of the 315 collective is quoted. I guarantee the WV quotes are BS spin. They weren't going on a whim they could meet a number and then figure things out after. That's just cya bs.

But the WV quotes don't even really matter given how this story is making the collectives look weak and thus by way of that our ability to compete. It very much opens the door for more of the back and forth around the other NIL storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.