Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not have a spot on the quad for football and the backcourt for basketball where these collectives can get information out or take donations. Are they allowed to do this?

I'm not against something like this or any other idea, but I would implore and beg people to at least consider that there are numerous groups and people, both on the school side and the supporter side, that know what they are doing and raising lots of money for both NIL and non-NIL support.

I would NOT take what AW, Jesse, Jesse's dad and the quotes in an article by Donna and apply it as systemic to where Syracuse is.

I cannot stress enough that most people hate to operate in such a public manner that deal with this stuff until there is something to announce that matters.

But what do I know? Maybe Jesse had no NIL last year and was just living the dream of cost of living stipends and dining hall meal cards and we're landing JJ and Chance with Dino BBQ.

If Jim is part of Elite315 along with Dino, they should be out doing local fundraising for it, and maybe, get them involved with donations during game days where people can contribute at JMA
He is. He does commercials for the collective. I’ve seen them. I would assume that’s also part of it.

The benefits of being an alum...they offer free access to anyone with a syr.edu email which I will have for life
wait really? I signed up with mine and wasn't offered free access...

How? I activated an syr.com account with my SU student email but I still only see the intro paragraph.

Through an initiative announced last year, all Syracuse University students, faculty and staff with a University email account () have access to the range of news coverage available on syracuse.com/The Post-Standard, an Advance Media NY news and information source. Those who are registering for the first time can access subscriptions through these updated instructions:

Registration takes five minutes or less to complete. This will allow immediate access as a digital subscriber. In the confirmation email, subscribers will be prompted for a zip code. If it is a deliverable zip code, they will have the option to add a Sunday print edition at no charge.

Student subscriptions will expire at the end of the academic year. Faculty and staff subscriptions will remain in effect for as long as the faculty or staff member has a valid email address.

If Jim is part of Elite315 along with Dino, they should be out doing local fundraising for it, and maybe, get them involved with donations during game days where people can contribute at JMA

I would be absolutely stunned if JB (and Dino) aren't doing what they can to help raise funds.

I know I've been hard as all get out on JB the last few years, but I cannot imagine him not doing everything he can to help the school in every way, shape or form.

No one has said conspiracy. But not sure how the way its been put in print is in anyway productive. This does more for our competition and opponents than it does to rally supporters around. Which, to be clear, I'm sure is not the intent.
It's not any media organizations job to rally support and be productive for the school.

I just dont understand how we didn't already have any mechanisms in place to pay an international athlete. Especially when we've had a ton in recent years and had one on the roster. We clearly need to step our game up

Agreed but those quotes weren't helpful.

I was told a couple days ago no one from the collectives would be making any comment on the Jesse transfer, that the MO is you never do that, and that it's ridiculous to even think someone might comment.

My original point was that if camp Jesse was lying about what did and didn't go down with regards to Cuse's offer (which many were saying was the case), that is the only narrative out there if you stick to the first rule about fight club and say nothing.

Last edited:
Total BS. Because of his "visa" no can make money at SU in NY. Last I saw W. VA is in the US and visa restrictions would also apply there.

There's two NIL pictures. One picture is, look who we lost. The second is, look who we didn't lose AND look who we gained. I look at the second one.

But NIL isn’t a finite number. There’s always going to be a need for more and more and more.

1- Not reporters jobs to paint a nice rosey picture. They are supposed to be un-biased journalists and give every side of the story. Which Donna did

2- the article tells me we are totally unprepared. Bristol basically says we were not prepared on paying non Americans. That is a lack of awareness and puts us way behind other collectives already.

3- Bristol’s quotes look terrible for Syracuse university. There is a way to say we always need more money to be able to keep our players and get better players. Instead he basically said we’re drowning and way out of our league. That’s not a picture you want to paint to media. Other coaches will run with this.

I continue to hear from insiders that we have the NIL money, but Edwards was not deemed as someone to use that much money on. This article and quotes by Bristol paint a much different picture. Bristol seemed to be pretty involved with the entire situation. Not sure this sounds like a guy I would want leading a collective. Unprepared and sloppy quotes.

There's two NIL pictures. One picture is, look who we lost. The second is, look who we didn't lose AND look who we gained. I look at the second one.

But NIL isn’t a finite number. There’s always going to be a need for more and more and more.

My outlook:

Hope for the best and believe NOTHING about the NIL smoke and mirrors process and narratives.

Everyone on here sounds a little delusional...there is no media conspiracy to slander SUs NIL program. This is reality, we're clearly behind and not proactive with NIL. A good, proactive NIL operation would have forecasted and planned for the need to get international players good deals. Our team has had countless international players in the past...you'd think someone would have thought to work on this before it was needed.

And I know everyone says we have these "silent" big money donors for this, but the Bristol quote says the opposite, that we're struggling to find more money. Not a great look when you just pushed out your most high profile multi million dollor supporter.
wiseman your moniker is quite accurate....

My Hero Football GIF by Manchester United

It's not any media organizations job to rally support and be productive for the school.

I just dont understand how we didn't already have any mechanisms in place to pay an international athlete. Especially when we've had a ton in recent years and had one on the roster. We clearly need to step our game up

Well you and many others are reminded of that I guess now. Personally I care more about the things that are successful in the public eye than the controversial tribulations that are endured to get there being public for all to stew over. Once again I never said the media's job was as such. They did just make other media's job easier and our competitors, at least on the surface.

But if the thought is the school should be laid out bare assed and forced to react fine then. I don't care for that and would wager that is more harmful than helpful in the long term. I shared why in another thread.

maybe i read the article wrong but It didn't appear they were "unprepared" in terms of not knowing what to do, it sounded more like they were "unprepared" to come up with any more money then they offered originally which might be a nice way of saying: you weren't worth any more.

N

Nova
I already have multiple Nova 100/1 tickets. Might be loaded next season.

Still holding out hope until dasher tells me to stop though. Lol

This story is not remotely accurate, as it is only telling one side of it.

Pretty sure Jesse & Dad weren't gonna come right out and say

"well, we had a deal in place.
BUT - we were greedy, and kept shopping around.
Cuse raised their offer to match once, but then when we went back out and got yet another higher offer,
Cuse wished us well and said 'don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya'.
So, to CYA about the blatant tampering that went on w/ WVU before Jesse even entered the portal , we made up a story about how inept Syracuse was, rather than admitting it was all about how greedy we were, and how we reneged on 2 deals we had with them".
I'm specifically looking at the quotes from Mike Bristol of the 315 collective. His comments seems to suggest that they didn't have a plan to get Jesse paid until they had to counter. They should have been proactive in getting him paid.

The article serves a dual purpose. It serves as confirmation for those who think NIL is a problem for Cuse, but for those who are more optimistic, it reaffirms that Jesse’s camp is trying to make themselves not to be in the wrong. It’s an “interpret your own meaning” type of piece.

For those with thoughts regarding NIL at Syracuse I encourage you to reach out to Mike directly at mbristol@elite-nil.com. I sent him an email about 20 minutes ago encouraging a subscription based option(10$/month, 25$/month, etc.), which many other schools offer, and he responded within minutes thanking me for the idea and encouraging me to email him with any other thoughts.

For those with thoughts regarding NIL at Syracuse I encourage you to reach out to Mike directly at mbristol@elite-nil.com. I sent him an email about 20 minutes ago encouraging a subscription based option(10$/month, 25$/month, etc.), which many other schools offer, and he responded within minutes thanking me for the idea and encouraging me to email him with any other thoughts.

Second Idea:

"Buy Hunter Dickinson"

One, the second half of that article is a plea for more money. It’s his role. No matter how much we have it’s never gonna be enough. You always want more because it’s not a one time thing. And he’s reaching out to Joe fan vs the big donors.

Two, the proof is in the pudding that we are not NIL poor. We’ve lost two football players and one bball player specifically to NIL. We’ve done just fine on the other side replacing them (as long as we get a big). People think JJ and Westry came free? Other schools have lost more.

We’re doing just fine but every little bit helps. So buck it up buttercups.
Here is my question. Are they interested in my $100 donation, or my $500 donation? Or is it not worth it for them to get the small donations. Because I could pivot some of my athletic donations over to the collectives, but I have seen zero marketing directed towards me. So in the meantime my donations go to sport specific coaches at SU. Wondering if this is a case where thousands of small donations add up or not worth it to the collectives. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom