Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least with semi pro / pro there's a contract where players should stick for a couple two tree years. Not year to year like this. This sucks
Doesn't suck for the players.

So you‘re just a JB and JG3 fan then?
Yes
Yes JB and JG3 would solve all of our problems.
Jesse and Mintz would both 100% be here next year if JB and JG3 were. I can absolutely guarantee that.

We would have been a top 25 team if we kept every piece. Media is what will be the demise of Syracuse Basketball. The rumors are already swirling about Syracuse, nobody wants to play here

Not sure what our budget is, and not being snarky about that, but let’s see where we net out when the roster is finalized.

I love Jesse, but he zeroed out in games, wanted to be on the block all the time, set ghost screens and then was calling for the ball before he fully turned his body towards the roll. Kept getting in foul trouble.

I know I’m sounding like I’m hammering the dude bc he absolutely likely would be all conference, but I think there is a world where we get someone that will help us space the floor more while we have more dynamic players.

Jesse is really good. Really good. And I hope he’s back, but… I think we can construct a favorable roster if we get a decent big and another wing.
I disagree. There’s no one in the portal besides Dickinson who closely resembles what impact Jesse has on a game.

Not sure what our budget is, and not being snarky about that, but let’s see where we net out when the roster is finalized.

I love Jesse, but he zeroed out in games, wanted to be on the block all the time, set ghost screens and then was calling for the ball before he fully turned his body towards the roll. Kept getting in foul trouble.

I know I’m sounding like I’m hammering the dude bc he absolutely likely would be all conference, but I think there is a world where we get someone that will help us space the floor more while we have more dynamic players.

Jesse is really good. Really good. And I hope he’s back, but… I think we can construct a favorable roster if we get a decent big and another wing.
Agree on all fronts. His value here is greater because we weren't good.

Jesse and Mintz would both 100% be here next year if JB and JG3 were. I can absolutely guarantee that.

We would have been a top 25 team if we kept every piece. Media is what will be the demise of Syracuse Basketball. The rumors are already swirling about Syracuse, nobody wants to play here

That's quite a guarantee...first we can't pony up the money..then its not about the money and instead JB and Joe returning...

This hurts a lot. IfJesse is truly being offered 2-3x what Cuse could give him, it’s hard to blame him for wanting to pursue that in his 5th year.

The way this program responds and the talent we bring in to replace him I feel will be very foreboding of what this new era can and will achieve. Red has his work cut out for him.

I’m sure Michigan feels the same way
I would think Michigan is one of the teams most likely to go after Edwards. They are playing in the Battle 4 Atlantis this year and I believe they can pay him while there.
(Arkansas is going too and has solid NIL money too and might make a run)

Syracuse had a relationship with JJ far before the Irish did.

Let’s see this mystery school’s proximity to the Netherlands.
Uh huh… and? We’re making excuses now for something abundantly clear?

Already 2 cookies deep today

Who doesn’t find pleasure in being right? This board got everything they wanted in JB and JG3 gone. And now the dominos fall….

Well, thanks to JB, at least its the dominos of a non NIT qualified team.

Yes

. The rumors are already swirling about Syracuse, nobody wants to play here
Bird Popcorn GIF

So dad wants to get paid off his son. Makes complete sense now. Jesse wasn’t going anywhere a week ago. And when his dad is the star of the article, now I hope all of us see how much these parents are pulling the strings. I understand money changes everyone’s lives, but Jesse didn’t want to leave. I know that for a fact. I’m not even mad, but parents should have their kids do what they want to do for them. This is a very tough way to lose a kid that wanted to stay

So dad wants to get paid off his son. Makes complete sense now. Jesse wasn’t going anywhere a week ago. And when his dad is the star of the article, now I hope all of us see how much these parents are pulling the strings. I understand money changes everyone’s lives, but Jesse didn’t want to leave. I know that for a fact. I’m not even mad, but parents should have their kids do what they want to do for them. This is a very tough way to lose a kid that wanted to stay

Wow...

I'm just gonna say it. Your shtick is annoying. Glad you got a good source. No need to act like an ass about it. Do appreciate the share- but again the attitude when sharing and now going on this little victory tour is... weird.

Also how would SU pony up money to a kid they can only find money for via a trip? International doesn't matter? How so? If you are talking about not ponying up funds that would violate U.S. laws... that's silly. It's lame we couldn't set up a better international trip play.. that is a failure for sure and we probably just aren't good at this NIL thing in general.
How hard would it be to schedule a game in Canada. All you need are passports (and we know Jesse has one) and a gym. You don't even need to sell tickets.

Yes

I don’t think you are emotionally mature enough to handle this situation.

How hard would it be to schedule a game in Canada. All you need are passports (and we know Jesse has one) and a gym. You don't even need to sell tickets.

I don't disagree with that... just saying the idea of the international factor not mattering is inaccurate.

Can’t he just drive over to the Turning Stone and someone give him a briefcase filled with
money there?
By the sounds of it our briefcases are not big enough but I would think the reservation should count…

Any hope we can come up with enough money to keep him?

I’m not about to blame his parents. If our collective made a deal worth X and some other collective came along and said they’d get him 2x, why is that the parents fault? As to the interview, Donna reached out to the father.

When parents get involved, the kid usually ends up at Seton Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom