Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh , Im already over it. Go get Dickinson

How we approach this loss feels like Jerry Buss in 96 a bit right now...

Also- I said at the announcement that this NIL game worried me it couldn't sustain and would eventually burn out. I'm sticking with that. Change will be a must and likely it will be towards less amateurism not going backwards. Once that corner was turned, with so little NCAA guidance, it was washed.

Last edited:
Good post.

Look no further than our football program. Most of the time people are wailing about conference realignment, and NIL, and transfers, and how the sport has been ruined. Then we have a good season (2018) or a good stretch (6-0 to start last year) and all that talk dissapates.

If it's late January 2024 and we're in the top three of the ACC and in the top 25 I bet we won't be reading a lot of posts about how people hate college sports.
Fair points. I do think there's some interest slippage from myself personally with regards to all of this offseason stuff. The offseason just throws a monkeywrench into any sense of long term interest in a particular team or players on it.

It's a series of one year adventures now. Yes, some of those years can capture the imagination and get one to buy in. I prefer the prior model of having teams mature together and watch them gel. Like the 86 to 87 football team would never ever happen again because the portal wouldn't allow it.

I do think the sport is going to lose fans because of the constant movement. I don't see how it can't.

Good post.

Look no further than our football program. Most of the time people are wailing about conference realignment, and NIL, and transfers, and how the sport has been ruined. Then we have a good season (2018) or a good stretch (6-0 to start last year) and all that talk dissapates.

If it's late January 2024 and we're in the top three of the ACC and in the top 25 I bet we won't be reading a lot of posts about how people hate college sports.

That’s about to be the only time I tune in. College sports is all but ruined. I’ll just watch pro and tune in to SU when they are good. It’s not worth following our football and basketball teams anymore. We just don’t have the resources to compete on a regular basis anymore.

At first I understood the need for NIL and the portal. But it has become beyond farcical. It’s well on its way to ruining College sports. It needed to be monitired and regulated, but the NCAA booted on that. Too,late now. The FB and BB team will have comings and goings every year, and it will be next to impossible to relate to the players , and build a following. It’s the beginning of the end .

Now, if bees would just sell one of his yachts!

Yes

Jesse and Mintz would both 100% be here next year if JB and JG3 were. I can absolutely guarantee that.

We would have been a top 25 team if we kept every piece. Media is what will be the demise of Syracuse Basketball. The rumors are already swirling about Syracuse, nobody wants to play here
Wow. Even without any inside information, I have trouble with literally every sentence in this post.

A source indicated a few days ago he had gotten an offer from a midwestern school that we were trying to match. Not a school you would think. We’ll see if that happens sadly.
Thanks for the info. Unbelievable. What is wrong with our boosters not stepping up? Maybe losing Adam is a bigger deal than we think? And does loyalty not matter anymore? Also, hello tampering. That’s what the NCAA needs to crack down on asap. Rules need to change and there needs to be NIL guardrails. Congress needs to get involved to stop this nonsense. If not, the no-sit-out transfer rule needs to end.

Call this a hot take. Call it an unfavorable opinion, but it’s where I’m at.

Decisions like this are ones that drive me the most crazy and will
Completely turn me off on a player and caring about their future/wishing them well. Yeah, I know, it’s really petty.

A four year player, developed like no one could have planned, shows nothing but passion for the school, committing to the process, hundreds of hours with teammates and people who dedicated everything to him; gone chasing a buck.

I’m all for NIL and players being able to earn money off who they are, but it’s now the reason why high major D1 sports are a shell of what they once were. Gone are the days of a 4 year starter willing a bad team to a run during their senior year. It honestly ruins the product for me. Makes Me care much less.
Exactly. Even in pro sports, there’s contracts and players aren’t free agents every year.

Very disappointing. Jesse seems like a great kid so I wish him the best.

You’re allowed your opinion.
It was a fact not and opinion. I have yet to spread anything false
I don’t think you are emotionally mature enough to handle this situation.
You all come here for the scoop, I give you the scoop. I get called a clown and idiot, I end up being right. And now im not emotionally mature enough to handle it. Love it
Judahs not coming back, that ship has long since sailed.

Better chance Judah enters the portal than comes back to Syracuse.

I doubt he will find a top 25 program to start on. What concerns me is that if we can’t find a way to keep this guy the. We have no shot at top Talent.
Autry got JJ Starling to commit less than a week into the job.

Exactly. Even in pro sports, there’s contracts and players aren’t free agents every year.
To add to it all, players are supposed to only have 1 “free transfer” opportunity but the NCAA allows additional transfer waivers if the player claims “mental health” as the reason for the extra transfer. If I were a player and someone offered me $500k more to transfer to a school, I would definitely say it was for “mental health” because they’d be miserable if they couldn’t get that money due to the NCAA’s “rules”.

I doubt he will find a top 25 program to start on. What concerns me is that if we can’t find a way to keep this guy the. We have no shot at top Talent.
Doesn’t care about t25. Only NIL

Thanks for the info. Unbelievable. What is wrong with our boosters not stepping up? Maybe losing Adam is a bigger deal than we think? And does loyalty not matter anymore? Also, hello tampering. That’s what the NCAA needs to crack down on asap. Rules need to change and there needs to be NIL guardrails. Congress needs to get involved to stop this nonsense. If not, the no-sit-out transfer rule needs to end.
Not for anything but every alumni is technically a “booster” they’re capable of giving large sums of money to get players. I’m not saying anyone should, But expecting others to lay out large sums while not forking over some yourself sounds a bit ridiculous (you might be, I have no idea)

In Donna’s article it reads that Jesse wants to explore other NIL opportunities. Does this totally shut the door on him returning to SU?

Players can enter the portal and return to their original schools, as long as the school is willing to wait.

If a schools waits too long to fill the vacancy, you get nothing.

High stakes musical chairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors