Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
This throws a wrench in a few things.

I look forward to the board vacation I’ll receive when the tampering school’s announced and if Jesse chooses to chase the money.
So I guess we’re going to pretend Syracuse didn’t tamper with JJ? The guy who committed to Syracuse a day after entering the portal…

The shame of it too is that until it truly transitions into a full semi pro model vs a partial, it will only take away from the players in this weird whatever you wanna call it world today.
At least with semi pro / pro there's a contract where players should stick for a couple two tree years. Not year to year like this. This sucks

Ok i'll bite, what are the repercussions for a team to do that and how would they find out?

Guessing none unless someone makes a big enough stink and is willing to look like a jaded ex. At this point if this stuff is gonna further sink us, I've got no issue with SU taking on that role.

Judah is the ballgame, not Jesse.

All due respect to Jesse, a guy who put up efficiency numbers that were off the charts (and anyone that follows my posts knows how much that means to me), if he wants a huge payday, all the luck to him.

IMO, a solid big, if we get Judah back, and another wing in the portal, we’ll be good.

Hope Jesse comes back, truly. But we need Judah.

Devo said Joe was gonna get 400K-500K. My assumption is that Jesse is worth a lot more than that
Jesse is getting 600k+. It was never about him being international, Syracuse couldn’t pony up 1/3 of what he is getting elsewhere

Jesse is getting 600k+. It was never about him being international, Syracuse couldn’t pony up 1/3 of what he is getting elsewhere

I'm just gonna say it. Your shtick is annoying. Glad you got a good source. No need to act like an ass about it. Do appreciate the share- but again the attitude when sharing and now going on this little victory tour is... weird.

Also how would SU pony up money to a kid they can only find money for via a trip? International doesn't matter? How so? If you are talking about not ponying up funds that would violate U.S. laws... that's silly. It's lame we couldn't set up a better international trip play.. that is a failure for sure and we probably just aren't good at this NIL thing in general.

Apparently you need to step it up

I know you’re just busting my chops, like you’ve done ever since I photo bombed your family picture, but in general you’re right. I know people are frustrated, upset, mad and that people always need to point a finger at someone to place blame. But as I’ve said in another post, SU has been promoting, and pushing for, donations for NIL. Articles, emails, interviews, meeting with businesses and individuals. If “we” have a shortage of NIL across the board, it’s not SU, it’s not coaches, it’s people who do or don’t donate to NIL efforts. It’s us the fans/donors/boosters.

So buck up buttercup.

I hope Joe gets as much as he can. But my gut feel is that he’s not going to get that much. Who knows though.
He is very easily getting half a mil, possibly more

I'm just gonna say it. Your shtick is annoying. Glad you got a good source. No need to act like an ass about it.
Don’t take it out on the messanger pal. Have a good Tuesday

You must have been one of those people calling me an idiot and telling me I didn’t know what I was talking about before.

Don’t take it out on the messanger pal. Have a good Tuesday

You must have been one of those people calling me an idiot and telling me I didn’t know what I was talking about before.

One caveat. When you posted Jesse was leaving, he wasn’t. As of last week even, he wasn’t.

Not sure what our budget is, and not being snarky about that, but let’s see where we net out when the roster is finalized.

I love Jesse, but he zeroed out in games, wanted to be on the block all the time, set ghost screens and then was calling for the ball before he fully turned his body towards the roll. Kept getting in foul trouble.

I know I’m sounding like I’m hammering the dude bc he absolutely likely would be all conference, but I think there is a world where we get someone that will help us space the floor more while we have more dynamic players.

Jesse is really good. Really good. And I hope he’s back, but… I think we can construct a favorable roster if we get a decent big and another wing.

Not a hot take at all. It's reasonable. No one can look themselves in the mirror and say they are as big a fan as they were in 1988, 1998, or even 2003. It's virtually impossible to be invested in this at that level when the sport itself isn't concerned with the consumer here.

It's a frankensteinian model where students got paid, students got absolute freedom to come and go and the consumer of the product (when its shrouded in a not for profit college eco system) is told to go pound sand.

Of course television ratings are the arbitrator ultimately. The entire house of cards is built on that. If they remain high, this will become worse and worse. It's a vicious cycle we've entered in college sports.
People aren't invested because we aren't winning. If we were still a force our fans would be mocking the also rans. The outrage over the system is a cover for those who don't watch/support when we stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom