Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just suggest he go to Gtown? What is wrong with you? Are you trying to give us all strokes?
The way that the flood gates have opened at Georgetown, it does not seem like a suggestion seems like a real possibility especially if he has been contacted by them or he/his parents has contacted them.

Appears that It is now all about the money.

Last edited:
Was it a pod? Or Twitter?
pod, I got the email late last night but the link is dead now and it's not on the patreon site.

1681218479223.png

What I'm curious about is if you have any insight into WHY he's probably not coming back.

That says everything.

And we have it today in the Post. We just couldn't get an NIL package together for him, while his family patiently waited, wanting to return.

This really, really sucks for us as a program. In soccer in Europe, they don't trade players; they buy them from other clubs. There are clubs known for developing talent and then selling it on for a big profit. They are called "Selling Clubs", somewhat derisively, because they never win anything. Their best talent always goes to the bigger clubs, with the bigger checkbooks.

We are now apparently a "Selling Club". We are a feeder program for other programs. We are toast. We have a year or two to get this straightened out, or else we aren't ever winning anything again.

And we have it today in the Post. We just couldn't get an NIL package together for him, while his family patiently waited, wanting to return.

This really, really sucks for us as a program. In soccer in Europe, they don't trade players; they buy them from other clubs. There are clubs known for developing talent and then selling it on for a big profit. They are called "Selling Clubs", somewhat derisively, because they never win anything. Their best talent always goes to the bigger clubs, with the bigger checkbooks.

We are now apparently a "Selling Club". We are a feeder program for other programs. We are toast. We have a year or two to get this straightened out, or else we aren't ever winning anything again.
Yep all it takes is this one time to screw us. Now we are known as a school that won’t pay. Gonna be really hard to entice kids to come or even get guys to stay (If they have other offers)

Wasn't there talk of an august summer trip? The program needs it this year anyway. It's too bad the school is not stepping up to find solutions.

Yeah, that's it. LOL As I said, throw in they can't write on deadline. Hall of Fame. Sportswriter of the year. You know.

As much as Mike & Donna are very solid writers, their access to the program has depended on them not ruffling too many feathers with their questions. They are almost like the team's PR arm, and they never look to offend. For comparison, just look at Axe. He's a loud mouth, not really a reporter, but if you cross people in this town, you lose access. It's not like this is a "big boy" media market.

100%, never got the hate towards him

Gross was very personable and very approachable. He had a big vision which I loved and if GROB yes GROB had the QB from Hawaii come here like he wanted it may not have been as bad as people thought. Colt he made some poor choices but he lit it up elsewhere. Really that ruined Gross I felt but Gross did a ton while here

So all that needed to happen was Jesse gets paid while home in the Netherlands this summer, and Cuse just couldn't pay him enough? Either they think they're getting Dickinson with a huge sum of money and see less need to give a huge amount to Jesse, or they just cannot compete in this era. I would be very surprised if it's the former. If the program isn't willing to dive head first into the deep end of NIL, this is the beginning of the end for the program.

If that does happen though it will tell us the coaches have zero idea what is going on which is very concerning. It appears we were caught with our pants down here.
Just curious why you are saying that. What is more likely what occurred here? Was Red told in his discussions with Jesse and maybe his family that he was staying and good with Nil until last second the family says we have bad news coach or that Red was aware things were unstable and chose to do nothing in preparation? To me I would wager that Red was told things were good and then it became not good. If you want to say Red has to always operate on the premise a player is leaving no matter then ok but that would create some impractical expectations I would think.

You’re saying they’re good with breaking news? That’s laughable.I was in the business for a long time. It’s not their strength.
I gave you a like for the proper use of you're, they're and their, all in the same sentence. Oh, and you didn't include a noone.

(same paragraph)

Last edited:
Just curious why you are saying that. What is more likely what occurred here? Was Red told in his discussions with Jesse and maybe his family that he was staying and good with Nil until last second the family says we have bad news coach or that Red was aware things were unstable and chose to do nothing in preparation? To me I would wager that Red was told things were good and then it became not good. If you want to say Red has to always operate on the premise a player is leaving no matter then ok but that would create some impractical expectations I would think.
It's more of the same old crap that has happened for the past 5-6 years. The coaches think we are in good shape with a player(either prospective or current) and then they decide to not come here or leave altogether and we have zero backup plan.

Gross was very personable and very approachable. He had a big vision which I loved and if GROB yes GROB had the QB from Hawaii come here like he wanted it may not have been as bad as people thought. Colt he made some poor choices but he lit it up elsewhere. Really that ruined Gross I felt but Gross did a ton while here

Under JW and KS we have done very well with the Olympic and women's sports I will say that. That does nothing for the fact that those are fun stories to tell but footnotes if your a P6 that has experienced a major drop off in all 3 flagship athletic programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom