Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fact not and opinion. I have yet to spread anything false

You all come here for the scoop, I give you the scoop. I get called a clown and idiot, I end up being right. And now im not emotionally mature enough to handle it. Love it

Better chance Judah enters the portal than comes back to Syracuse.

On that last one there is one specific poster here you might want to take that up with who I'm sure is much closer to it than even your source.

Wanna know what acting like a clown is? Coming out there with this weird victory tour.

On that last one there is one specific poster here you might want to take that up with who I'm sure is much closer to it than even your source.

Wanna know what acting like a clown is? Coming out there with this weird victory tour.
If that does happen though it will tell us the coaches have zero idea what is going on which is very concerning. It appears we were caught with our pants down here.

If that does happen though it will tell us the coaches have zero idea what is going on which is very concerning. It appears we were caught with our pants down here.

Oh for sure. Writing is on the wall right now. Also I can't imagine this coaching staff wants to be stuck in a sinking ship either.. especially GMac. The wheels could really fall off. The next 3 weeks are critical to the next 3 years.

You’re absolutely right. If a school reached out to him already it’s certainly tampering as others have pointed out. We’ve seen articles about pissed coaches over tampering. I’m also not sure his parents are making him do anything. Jesse is an adult and a smart kid. If he didn’t care about NIL he’d just not enter the portal.
My guess is the dad is taking the public fall for this. Let fans blame him Vs Jesse. highly doubt Jesse isn’t getting the money or calling the shots. I think this is in part a public negotiation. Either someone steps up or doesn’t.

Sucks, but at the end of the year we all basically believed he was gone. In this new world of college sports you have to look at each loss as an opportunity to upgrade. Jesse was a solid player but he wasn’t program changing and he typically struggled against bigger bigs. We can cry about it or go do something in the portal. I’m much more confident in Red and our staff now to replace guys.

My guess is the dad is taking the public fall for this. Let fans blame him Vs Jesse. highly doubt Jesse isn’t getting the money or calling the shots. I think this is in part a public negotiation. Either someone steps up or doesn’t.
I agree to make Edwards look good but most will probably figure this out…I’m wondering who we target now

Not a hot take at all. It's reasonable. No one can look themselves in the mirror and say they are as big a fan as they were in 1988, 1998, or even 2003. It's virtually impossible to be invested in this at that level when the sport itself isn't concerned with the consumer here.

It's a frankensteinian model where students got paid, students got absolute freedom to come and go and the consumer of the product (when its shrouded in a not for profit college eco system) is told to go pound sand.

Of course television ratings are the arbitrator ultimately. The entire house of cards is built on that. If they remain high, this will become worse and worse. It's a vicious cycle we've entered in college sports.
This years final ratings were poor

At first I understood the need for NIL and the portal. But it has become beyond farcical. It’s well on its way to ruining College sports. It needed to be monitired and regulated, but the NCAA booted on that. Too,late now. The FB and BB team will have comings and goings every year, and it will be next to impossible to relate to the players , and build a following. It’s the beginning of the end .

Now, if bees would just sell one of his yachts!
It’s never too late to create rules and guardrails. I don’t know why people say that.

It’s never too late to create rules and guardrails. I don’t know why people say that.

It's not... but the moment the NCAA goes backwards the more momentum for programs separating from the NCAA or the OT Elite etc getting some venture capital infusion for expansion... etc

Im not super active here so I don’t know who you are talking about. But if its a staff member I highly doubt it. This staff is not as close to the players as you think

For an allegedly top-5 revenue program, it's awfully amateurish about things.
2. Syracuse University

Revenue: $35,765,493
Men’s basketball: $34,157,191
Women’s basketball: $1,608,302
(I have no idea about this site, but I've seen this reported before and it could be wrong, but this is based on the best publicly available information, *shrug*)

Not for anything but every alumni is technically a “booster” they’re capable of giving large sums of money to get players. I’m not saying anyone should, But expecting others to lay out large sums while not forking over some yourself sounds a bit ridiculous (you might be, I have no idea)
I think the mindset is that most big time schools have big time boosters who supply a majority of the $$ for stuff like this...NIL/facilities, etc. The average Joe can do nice things like the Cruz deal, but a bunch of us on this website aren't the people behind keeping guys like Jesse or landing Hunter types.

Do you have any idea how much they've raised? Are we talking thousands or millions?

I honestly have no idea.

Im not super active here so I don’t know who you are talking about. But if its a staff member I highly doubt it. This staff is not as close to the players as you think

It's not.

It's not... but the moment the NCAA goes backwards the more momentum for programs separating from the NCAA or the OT Elite etc getting some venture capital infusion for expansion... etc
Once the NCAA shows how toothless and out of touch with reality they are, the top schools tell them to go pound sand and form a premier league.

For an allegedly top-5 revenue program, it's awfully amateurish about things.

(I have no idea about this site, but I've seen this reported before and it could be wrong, but this is based on the best publicly available information, *shrug*)

That’s only one side of the equation.

The baffling part to me though is why does Edward’s family think another university can work out a better deal for Jesse. According to Donna “The Syracuse center and his family had been trying to work out an NIL situation over the past few weeks that would keep Edwards in an Orange uniform. But his dad, David Edwards, said the family “couldn’t get the right arrangement to move forward.”

So was there a deal presented but it wasn’t good enough to keep Jesse at SU? So the next question , does the Edwards family know that other universities can offer a better deal than SU has proposed? If so, is it money as others have guessed here? Is it a question of timing, such as the amount of time Jesse spends in the Netherlands this summer instead of practicing, working out here with the team? Are there some questionable details that the family sought that SU compliance was worried about and didn’t get clearance from the NCAA, that another program would assume the risk or knows they could get away with? It’s strange that the family believes a deal could be worked out that they couldn’t with SU. There has to be a reason. (Strange, since it’s an NIL deal to retain a player not lure a player to SU, heck, he’s here).
These are all good questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors