Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as Mike & Donna are very solid writers, their access to the program has depended on them not ruffling too many feathers with their questions. They are almost like the team's PR arm, and they never look to offend. For comparison, just look at Axe. He's a loud mouth, not really a reporter, but if you cross people in this town, you lose access. It's not like this is a "big boy" media market.
If it wasn't for the Athletic Q would still be here...

Probably didn't get the feedback he hoped for re: lottery. There's more money in the mid to upper first round.
Wait he's not going to the G league?? I mean the coaching is better, what could he possibly improve on in college?

Probably didn't get the feedback he hoped for re: lottery. There's more money in the mid to upper first round.
Their top six ranked small forward is asking to be released from his NLI. With Mitchell and Flip coming back he probably saw his time being reduced. The 6’8” kid is from NewJersey.

So because you can name ONE guy, a guy who just tanked his sketchy as hell company mind-you, that means every HNW individual is just like him? Please. I swear people have no business sense whatsoever. You wont throw 10Gs at a player but others should throw millions because you want to watch a basketball team play better. What a joke.
You're pleasant.

It feels to me that our admin is far too risk averse to play in the modern NCAA. I get being responsible, but many other major Universities seem willing and able to push the envelope well beyond the point where our admin seems to balk.

Fundamentally, here's my ask of the University. Figure out what you want to be. If its a big boy program, you gotta take off the training wheels and play by big boy rules. If its not, if its a competitive but beyond reproach regional program, then you have to recalibrate expectations accordingly. That includes everything from Conference affiliation to ticket prices.

Apparently, Syverud wants us to be the Vanderbilt of the SEC.

Honestly, any way you want to rationalize this, this is the reality of being a Syracuse fan in this environment. You are telling me that the University/Boosters couldn't find a way to get this done, but another school can/will? To me, as a lifelong fan that is 50 now, that is unacceptable. YOU FIGURE IT OUT.

If you are not willing, or competent enough to get it done then just drop the facade. and fold up the D1 thing. Other programs get it done and Syracuse doesn't consistently now. What Syracuse doesn't grasp is the Hoops was/is your brand identity. Fund this and your university will prosper. Also, this is how you support your brand new coach coming after a Legend. nice. Find a goddamn way.

Piss or get off the pot...

Huh? We turned JG3 into JJ.
So many caught up in JJ being a 5 star out of high school. Hes trending the wrong direction.
No see, now JG3 is the best player ever and Syracuse losing him is a big mistake. Nevermind the constant bashing and claims that he isnt an ACC level guard.
Never seen the 6th leading scorer in the ACC take so much flak and be forced out of town.

You're pleasant.
There is nothing pleasant about claiming other alumni are somehow dropping the ball because they are not not forking over millions to college athletes.

So because you can name ONE guy, a guy who just tanked his sketchy as hell company mind-you, that means every HNW individual is just like him? Please. I swear people have no business sense whatsoever. You wont throw 10Gs at a player but others should throw millions because you want to watch a basketball team play better. What a joke.
I’m pointing out that wealthy boosters do this at many schools and have for decades.

It feels to me that our admin is far too risk averse to play in the modern NCAA. I get being responsible, but many other major Universities seem willing and able to push the envelope well beyond the point where our admin seems to balk.

Fundamentally, here's my ask of the University. Figure out what you want to be. If its a big boy program, you gotta take off the training wheels and play by big boy rules. If its not, if its a competitive but beyond reproach regional program, then you have to recalibrate expectations accordingly. That includes everything from Conference affiliation to ticket prices.
The last paragraph is an excellent summary of where I am. I think we have been pretending to be a big boy program for a while and NIL is forcing the issue to be addressed.

So many caught up in JJ being a 5 star out of high school. Hes trending the wrong direction.

Never seen the 6th leading scorer in the ACC take so much flak and be forced out of town.
JJ was hurt all yr and still performed pretty well. How can you say trending in the wrong direction. Plus he’s a kid who gets to come home
And show out.

I would be fine with this. Not what I want, but I would be fine with it.
Athletics is SUs brand. Vanderbilt is an elite academic institution. SU is good with a huge price tag that doesn't justify what you're getting.

Honestly, any way you want to rationalize this, this is the reality of being a Syracuse fan in this environment. You are telling me that the University/Boosters couldn't find a way to get this done, but another school can/will? To me, as a lifelong fan that is 50 now, that is unacceptable. YOU FIGURE IT OUT.

If you are not willing, or competent enough to get it done then just drop the facade. and fold up the D1 thing. Other programs get it done and Syracuse doesn't consistently now. What Syracuse doesn't grasp is the Hoops was/is your brand identity. Fund this and your university will prosper. Also, this is how you support your brand new coach coming after a Legend. nice. Find a goddamn way.

Piss or get off the pot...

The university can’t fund any of it.

I’m pointing out that wealthy boosters do this at many schools and have for decades.
I am sure they have been giving out funds, but Millions? I doubt it. Maybe for top 5-sure fire NBA guys (zion, AD, etc.) Even a massive corporation in New Balance only gave $1 million to Bazely, now people want guys to put that out every year? For a future Euro player? Ridiculous.

Looks like we need to replace 15 points and 10 rebounds a game.

10 points and 15 rebounds a game would be even better.

Now, we will see what Red can do.

pauly d GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

If it wasn't for the Athletic Q would still be here...
Yup. And the real ones to thank are the students from the DO who did the heavy lifting and were scared off by the school threatening. PS failed there.

You probably saw plenty of guys who played good defense but stunk on offense(Cooney, Howard) get complained about because they played every minute here.

Girard is merely the inverse of that. He is a good scorer, but he stinks on defense.

JJ was a better as a freshman than Girard was. Will he as a soph be better than a 5th year senior Girard? We’ll see. Seems like it’s worth taking a shot at though because he looks to have the potential to play both ends and contribute across the board. What are we clinging to? We ranged from awful-mediocre with Girard playing all the time.

Ruiz is still worth billions. And my point is that we may need some guys like him at Cuse to step up. https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article260756357.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.