Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, any way you want to rationalize this, this is the reality of being a Syracuse fan in this environment. You are telling me that the University/Boosters couldn't find a way to get this done, but another school can/will? To me, as a lifelong fan that is 50 now, that is unacceptable. YOU FIGURE IT OUT.

If you are not willing, or competent enough to get it done then just drop the facade. and fold up the D1 thing. Other programs get it done and Syracuse doesn't consistently now. What Syracuse doesn't grasp is the Hoops was/is your brand identity. Fund this and your university will prosper. Find a goddamn way.

Piss or get off the pot...

If he goes to a big U/ state U with 40K+ thousand undergrads, what can you do? Their an alumni mill and their collectives are going to be orders of magnitude bigger based on shear alumni volume compared to a private school with under 15K undergrads.

Now if he goes to a comparable or smaller school - say Marquette, that's half our size, then serious questions need to be answered.

I think the reality check we all need to swallow in the new NIL era is who the Jones' are that we're now trying to keep up with.

It isn't UCLA, Michigan, Auburn, Texas Tech, etc.

Ruiz is still worth billions. And my point is that we may need some guys like him. https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article260756357.html
And I am telling you he is not the norm, he is the exception. The method he became rich and the actions he has taken as such are also not normal. Expecting others to behave like him is naïve.

What bothers the hell out of me is the reasons why SU was put on probation twice and JB lost all of those wins when compared to what is allowed to go on now with no oversight or repercussions. I'm not saying that makes what we did right when it was against the rules at that time but if certain past marijuana criminal offenses are now rescinded because pot is now legal, isn't it time to give JB back his wins considering all of the BS that is legal now with regard to college "student" athletes?

We have a limited supply of wealthy people willing to contribute to NIL, and the school drove away likely the biggest one. How can we compete in this landscape with the school not willing to play the game?

He spews nonsense, especially anything JGIII related. Acts like he has inside info after "knowing" Jesse, Judah and Joe were gone. When that was what everyone expected after the season. For having such a "source" what info has he had that everyone else didn't know? Nada lol
Got it. Everyone’s got an agenda i guess

Why do think they do get a return? I cant think of a scenario where Jesse drives north of $1 million dollars in revenue? Perhaps he might in the perfect business scenario, but I find it very, very unlikely. I doubt anyone local was paying JB $1 Million in singular sponsorships and he is probably the best known person in upstate NY.

And what are you talking about in your second sentence? They get tangible items in both of those scenarios (a car or tickets)

This is kind of a dumb question. Why do people advertise at all?
So that people know about their company, their product, their service.
Why do companies use celebrities to advertise?
So that people who like those celebrities will transfer that "good feeling" to the sponsor.

You probably saw plenty of guys who played good defense but stunk on offense(Cooney, Howard) get complained about because they played every minute here.

Girard is merely the inverse of that. He is a good scorer, but he stinks on defense.

JJ was a better as a freshman than Girard was. Will he as a soph be better than a 5th year senior Girard? We’ll see. Seems like it’s worth taking a shot at though because he looks to have the potential to play both ends and contribute across the board. What are we clinging to? We ranged from awful-mediocre with Girard playing all the time.
Yup, fair enough. He was also playing out of position a majority of his career. But many here literally thought he wasn't a D1 player, meanwhile he has a grocery list of high majors offering him 6 figs.

Since there has been a lot of talk here about NIL, I wanted to pass along something...I spoke with Adam W. this morning.

UGH. This totally blows.

It’d be one thing if we had other major boosters lined up to fill the gaping hole left by Weitsman going away, but clearly we did not.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

We just nuked Red’s career before it even gets started.

He’s played one year of college basketball, most of it pretty seriously injured. I don’t think you know what trending means lol
I don't think you know what it means. As a high schooler, he was projected to be better than where he is at now. That is trending in the wrong direction......

Since there has been a lot of talk here about NIL, I wanted to pass along something...I spoke with Adam W. this morning.
Id love to hear the chancellors take on this, have you reached out for his comment (not that I think he would say anything)? Again, highly doubt this simply came down to personal feelings.

Wait he's not going to the G league?? I mean the coaching is better, what could he possibly improve on in college?
Duke is paying him enough to make it worth his while to come back. His game won't improve as much playing in the ACC as it would have in the G-league. He's betting on a weaker draft and a higher selection.

He’s played one year of college basketball, most of it pretty seriously injured. I don’t think you know what trending means lol
I think in this case, he means that JJ went to ND and completely forgot how to play basketball good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.