Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will compete like every other team in the country competes. You develop talent and pickup players in the portal. You have no clue how JJ could improve (maybe he becomes Judah-like), perhaps the 2 spot gets filled by Taylor who goes on to shoot 40% from 3 again on high volumes. Maybe Syracuse picks up a center, maybe they go with a 3 guard 2 forward lineup and they pickup another guard in the portal.

The point is you giving red a 20 loss season before the roster is even close to finalized.

We had 17 losses two years ago, and then 15 losses last season.
We are very likely to lose our 3 best players.
We have one transfer, and another "no star" 7 foot project at center who likely won't even play next year.

Yeah, predicting that we lose 3 or 4 more games than the last couple years, when we lost 80% of our production and have a completely inexperienced head coach is JUST CRAZY !!! :rolleyes:

Oh I forgot, schools never go through down periods. I mean Syracuse is obviously going to fall into obscurity forever just like UConn, oh wait... Like Indiana, oh... wait, like Baylor, oh wait... like Texas, oh... wait, those schools all came back after their down turn...

Syracuse must be special though for some reason.

UConn fell back after winning a 4th title. We've been on a slower fall which accelerated two years ago. The timeline of struggle is much more stretched out with far less positives to anchor back to.

Using Baylor as an example in this context is an awful failure on knowing hoops history. They only started to even matter in 08...

Texas is another bad comparison. IU we've litigated before.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot, schools never go through down periods. I mean Syracuse is obviously going to fall into obscurity forever just like UConn, oh wait... Like Indiana, oh... wait, like Baylor, oh wait... like Texas, oh... wait, those schools all came back after their down turn...

Syracuse must be special though for some reason.

In over 100 years of SU basketball, Syracuse has never had more than back-to-back losing seasons, and I believe that only happened once.

Those aren't the names who will be writing the 7 figure checks. It's the Bain Capital guys, Fidelity PMs that move needles.

Unfortunately for us Duke has oodles of these guys, we have very few since our business school pales in comparison to the ACC big boys. That's why I keep saying increase the demand for high quality students to come to SU so they can be in position to donate down the line. Kent wants SU to be a top 30 university not a school where some donor sits courtside with rappers and football players
Exactly

Can I ask everyone something? Why is everyone freaking out? The kid was a senior, any other year he would have been gone naturally. We had no actual hard facts he was going to return. It’s still early in the portal world.
Is it because he’s transferring somewhere else?
Because Syracuse can’t pay him as much as other schools will offer him .

Who will replace Weitsman? That is the real question. If we had someone on board to replace him, we wouldn’t be losing Jesse.

According to some here, we have two others that have already replaced him.

Can I ask everyone something? Why is everyone freaking out? The kid was a senior, any other year he would have been gone naturally. We had no actual hard facts he was going to return. It’s still early in the portal world.
Is it because he’s transferring somewhere else?
We have a ten win roster. That’s why.

Nancy allowed more students admitted. she gamed the admissions process the exact opposite way that other schools decided to go.

Northeastern gerrymandered their admissions and policies to be specifically US News appealing. They are now a higher ranked school than SU. Even Boston College decided to go a more difficult admissions route as well and their sports aren't exactly high flying. They are the analogy IMO. They are mediocre at best in hoops/football and are much higher ranked than SU now and MUCH more selective. I just went through this process w my son.

SU falls behind Nova, BC, Gtown, Penn St, Maryland, even Umass at this point. Some depts at SU remain hard to get into but the school itself is achievable if you want to write the check
Yes. This reality makes me sick.

SU would take Showtime if the booster wasn't "all in the video, dancing" as Suge Knight once said. Nevin Shapiro should be the reason why you don't want someone to be a face of paying players. Miami never learned that lesson and that bill could be due when they least expect.
They won’t get penalized. They never do. We should have played Fab and we should have never benched Southerland. We bend over for the NCAA while every other school gives them the finger and wins.

We had 17 losses two years ago, and then 15 losses last season.
We are very likely to lose our 3 best players.
We have one transfer, and another "no star" 7 foot project at center who likely won't even play next year.

Yeah, predicting that we lose 3 or 4 more games than the last couple years, when we lost 80% of our production and have a completely inexperienced head coach is JUST CRAZY !!! :rolleyes:
Also played an antiquated defense that enabled us to lose several games to teams they had no business losing, had a coach who supposedly didn't coach a coherent offense and wasnt willing to try to get payers in the portal. But despite the new coach and roster that isnt even complete yet, you have a foresight to not only see a path to 20 losses, but claim it is LIKELY. Now, we will just ignore that the fact that teams with (likely) similar talent to what Syracuse could put on the floor now without filling 3 scholarships won more than 10 games (BC, GT, ole miss, etc.). We will also completely ignore the fact that Pittsburgh completely rebuilt a roster with ZERO top 25 transfers and somehow won 20 games. AND again, ignore the 3 open scholarships that are still available to be filled. Yeah, no way to possibly win 10 games.

Clueless again.

Last edited:
Nancy allowed more students admitted. she gamed the admissions process the exact opposite way that other schools decided to go.

Northeastern gerrymandered their admissions and policies to be specifically US News appealing. They are now a higher ranked school than SU. Even Boston College decided to go a more difficult admissions route as well and their sports aren't exactly high flying. They are the analogy IMO. They are mediocre at best in hoops/football and are much higher ranked than SU now and MUCH more selective. I just went through this process w my son.

SU falls behind Nova, BC, Gtown, Penn St, Maryland, even Umass at this point. Some depts at SU remain hard to get into but the school itself is achievable if you want to write the check
Nancy’s been gone for a decade.

I suspect the fact he’s an international student complicated any potential deal. Whatever, time to go find a big body
But wouldn’t those same facts complicate it for any other destination too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom