Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're serious?

I mean the last thing I want the chancellor of a college doing is giving quotes about a booster. I mean no matter how loosy goosy the rules have gotten, that's a bad look. A very bad look.

Let it die down, rejigger how we're going to compensate athletes getting full rides already (i'm gearing up for my first 75k payment to college in a few months so spare me the NIL b*ll) and the school will be fine.

Honestly SU is no diff than we were a day ago with regards to our peers. We're not going to out pay Kentucky or Duke. It's just never gonna happen. We gotta win in the trenches with good coaching, finding diamonds in the rough and hoping that the interest in the program remains high.
If that's the take you have then everyone should give up their season tickets and we should just drop to the American now because then we aren't serious about ever competing in this conference.

"diamonds in the rough" is why we absolutely suck at football.

We have to move on now people Jesse was a slim possibility to come back before Autry anyways. Good luck at Nebraska lol

Also played an antiquated defense that enabled us to lose several games to teams they had no business losing, had a coach who supposedly didn't coach a coherent offense and wasnt willing to try to get payers in the portal. But despite the new coach and roster that isnt even complete yet, you have a foresight to not only see a path to 20 losses, but claim it is LIKELY. Now, we will just ignore that the fact that teams with (likely) similar talent to what Syracuse could put on the floor now without filling 3 scholarships won more than 10 games (BC, GT, ole miss, etc.). We will also completely ignore the fact that Pittsburgh completely rebuilt a roster with ZERO top 25 transfers and somehow won 20 games. AND again, ignore the 3 open scholarships that are still available to be filled. Yeah, no way to possibly win 10 games.

Clueless again.

And I suppose you are convinced that we are going to be ranked next year and will actually make the NCAA tournament with a team that lacks rebounding, guard play, a center and has a rookie coach.

We've had double digit losses for NINE YEARS IN A ROW.

It is what it is perhaps we can get better players than Jesse I’m at peace with it now
Or maybe a better fit. Whatever that means. One thing I am confidant about, this staff will work their butts off (unlike the last Head coach) to get what they need to get better. Maybe they won't succeed in their efforts but they will give it 100% effort. We need to let some time go by and see what the coaches can bring in. At this point, we really don't know what we don't know.

I hire tech workers for a living at my company. The last thing I care about is the ranking of the school they graduated from. Some of the worst candidates are the academic types that feel the need to tell me they are a professor on their resume. This school ranking sht is absurd.
You're missing the point completely.

SU needs to be considered a quality education for it to be appealing to student athletes. We don't sell ourselves to be Kansas St where the selling point is a state university. SU's coaches sell the kids on the ability to get a great education, the incredible network at SU and the physical school itself. That's our selling point. If the education becomes lesser than Penn St or Umass it's a harder sell. We're not a directional school or some rogue operation.

SU really really cares about their ranking. Trust me because the parents who live in Westchester, Northern Long Island and Wellesley MA are the ones that support that program we call SU Hoops ultimately. They are the ones writing the 75k checks that allow for the operation to hum.

Im sorry but anyone who thinks losing Weitsman is good thing is delusional...anyone else know of any multi millionaire Syracuse sports fans willing to step in?!?! There aren't any. We just lost our only chance at landing big time recruits. Disaster

SU needs to be considered a quality education for it to be appealing to student athletes. We don't sell ourselves to be Kansas St where the selling point is a state university. SU's coaches sell the kids on the ability to get a great education, the incredible network at SU and the physical school itself. That's our selling point. If the education becomes lesser than Penn St or Umass it's a harder sell. We're not a directional school or some rogue operation.

SU really really cares about their ranking. Trust me because the parents who live in Westchester, Northern Long Island and Wellesley MA are the ones that support that program we call SU Hoops ultimately. They are the ones writing the 75k checks that allow for the operation to hum.
You are so right. Nancy hurt our school so much.

No athlete cares about the ranking of a university. Honestly you're the only poster who brings this consistently. Kids go to schools based on where that specific school is ranked within a university and I hate to break it to you we are always going to have a ceiling because we don't have a med school.

Do you really think a Newhouse or Whitman prospective student cares about the university overall ranking?

I hire tech workers for a living at my company. The last thing I care about is the ranking of the school they graduated from. Some of the worst candidates are the academic types that feel the need to tell me they are a professor on their resume. This school ranking sht is absurd.
Oh I'm not disputing that, more the notion that the school's decreasing selectivity somehow makes it less appealing for potential student-athletes (at least in basketball and football).

Fully agree that in the working world, recruiters stop caring where you went to college pretty quickly, save for a few specific fields.

Your last paragraph sounds like the formula the Football program has been using the last 20 years. I hope were not looking to replicate the results...

Well it is the formula that has worked for SU hoops for the JAB era. He was the quality coaching that got kids to consider SU. Whatever you want to say about JAB, he propped this thing up to a national level.

SU hasn't had a legendary HC in football (that was synonymous with SU since Mac left). Had they found a Beamer i'm sure formula would work better.

Im sorry but anyone who thinks losing Weitsman is good thing is delusional...anyone else know of any multi millionaire Syracuse sports fans willing to step in?!?! There aren't any. We just lost our only chance at landing big time recruits. Disaster

Honest question - do you think there are no others? Maybe, and just hear me out, the others are just using their wealth without spamming the social media universe day in and day out chasing clout.

Seriously. Do you really think there aren't other well off supporters that have in the past, are currently now and will continue to do so in the future contributing big sums of money?

To basketball student athletes and their parents? Man I don't know. I've been hiring college grads for over a decade for large corporation and the name of the school on the resume can help but often dictates very little in the hiring process.

It is what it is perhaps we can get better players than Jesse I’m at peace with it now
How do we get players better than Jesse if we won’t pay? Jesse wanted to stay and we couldn’t get him the money he wanted so he’s leaving. We didn’t have the ability to keep one of our best players that wanted to be here, how can we expect to land better players from elsewhere?

Then we were already doomed. No one lives forever. And there are other multi millionaire fans. They just don't make it so public. I wish it worked out with Adam. We need all the help we can get. But he isn't bigger than the University.

\

We've been pathetic. This isn't pathetic, you can't be held hostage to the Adam Weitsman "I need to be invited to the cool kids party" show.

I don't mean get into a twitter war. I'm talking about the continued commitment to success of the basketball program. You never get into it at the same level with someone like that.

And I suppose you are convinced that we are going to be ranked next year and will actually make the NCAA tournament with a team that lacks rebounding, guard play, a center and has a rookie coach.

We've had double digit losses for NINE YEARS IN A ROW.
Where did I say that? I made no claims about the possible record/achievements. You did.

How do we get players better than Jesse if we won’t pay? Jesse wanted to stay and we couldn’t get him the money he wanted so he’s leaving. We didn’t have the ability to keep one of our best players that wanted to be here, how can we expect to land better players from elsewhere?
Because those players wont be international.

Status
Not open for further replies.