Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will replace Weitsman? That is the real question. If we had someone on board to replace him, we wouldn’t be losing Jesse.
You know what, long term this will be good if in fact the sole reason Jesse is leaving is because Weitsman won’t play by SU’s rules anymore. We can’t rely on one guy. Better to learn that lesson now when NIL is still in its infancy.

And apparently they are doing so very poorly.

No idea. I don’t even know who they are. Heard a couple rumors but that’s it. I’m just repeating what others here have said about 2 new guys replacing Adam so it would be no loss.

To me, it's always been that way at SU. A handful of world-class programs, and a lot of mediocre programs filled with children of wealthy people who couldn't get into an Ivy. That's why SU has always been considered a party school.
No, there was a time when SU was ranked about 40th nationally and on par with Boston College or just below it. When you consider the list of the top 39 national universities, being 40th was pretty darn good and very respectable. Syracuse was considered a good not great university. You are correct, it always has great colleges and some not-so-good colleges within the university (where party kids would go), but on average, the university was solid. Now, that’s not really the case anymore when we sitting below Penn St etc etc.

Nancy allowed more students admitted. she gamed the admissions process the exact opposite way that other schools decided to go.

Northeastern gerrymandered their admissions and policies to be specifically US News appealing. They are now a higher ranked school than SU. Even Boston College decided to go a more difficult admissions route as well and their sports aren't exactly high flying. They are the analogy IMO. They are mediocre at best in hoops/football and are much higher ranked than SU now and MUCH more selective. I just went through this process w my son.

SU falls behind Nova, BC, Gtown, Penn St, Maryland, even Umass at this point. Some depts at SU remain hard to get into but the school itself is achievable if you want to write the check
Kansas State is ranked #166 by US News and its basketball program is swimming in NIL money.

Has there been anything from the coaching staff, AD or school yet. This is now been lingering since last night and is out. It's not a good look having it just sit and fester without a response...it's concerning enough as it is. The longer this goes without a response..
Where's Brent Axe when you need him. Isn't he a good investigative journalist? He's got nothing to lose by being outspoken.

Who will replace Weitsman? That is the real question. If we had someone on board to replace him, we wouldn’t be losing Jesse.

Bees says people have said we already have two people lined up to replace Weitsman.

I guess they just couldn't find their checkbooks for Jesse.

At a minimum Syveruud has to respond whether fair or not.
you're serious?

I mean the last thing I want the chancellor of a college doing is giving quotes about a booster. I mean no matter how loosy goosy the rules have gotten, that's a bad look. A very bad look.

Let it die down, rejigger how we're going to compensate athletes getting full rides already (i'm gearing up for my first 75k payment to college in a few months so spare me the NIL b*ll) and the school will be fine.

Honestly SU is no diff than we were a day ago with regards to our peers. We're not going to out pay Kentucky or Duke. It's just never gonna happen. We gotta win in the trenches with good coaching, finding diamonds in the rough and hoping that the interest in the program remains high.

I wouldn't.

I mean that's certainly another path... without something in the spirit of progress aggressively filling the void the program looks pretty pathetic at the moment.

At a minimum Syveruud has to respond whether fair or not.

He absolutely does not.

No one cares about AW on a national stage.

Adam admits to never meeting with the chancellor in that article.

AW would just use a public spat for his own brand. Leave it alone and let him go make Binghamton (that's where he intimated that he was taking his ball next, correct?) the next big thing.

Leave it alone, let the supporters that actually want to support the program and university be empowered.

I think that's spot on. The unfortunate part is we were part of a consortium of other schools like Nova and BC where they were perpetually the fall back to Gtown and ND.

Now we're the fallback to the fallback to the fallback. It will have broader implications unless Kent turns around the impression of the school academically. Let's face it SU isn't in a big city, isn't in warm weather. He needs the school to stand on its own. The sports aren't going anywhere. That's hyperbole. They will be there forever. It may be altered but the school can't cheapen itself
Yup

Kansas State is ranked #166 by US News and its basketball program is swimming in NIL money.
I hire tech workers for a living at my company. The last thing I care about is the ranking of the school they graduated from. Some of the worst candidates are the academic types that feel the need to tell me they are a professor on their resume. This school ranking sht is absurd.

you're serious?

I mean the last thing I want the chancellor of a college doing is giving quotes about a booster. I mean no matter how loosy goosy the rules have gotten, that's a bad look. A very bad look.

Let it die down, rejigger how we're going to compensate athletes getting full rides already (i'm gearing up for my first 75k payment to college in a few months so spare me the NIL b*ll) and the school will be fine.

Honestly SU is no diff than we were a day ago with regards to our peers. We're not going to out pay Kentucky or Duke. It's just never gonna happen. We gotta win in the trenches with good coaching, finding diamonds in the rough and hoping that the interest in the program remains high.

Your last paragraph sounds like the formula the Football program has been using the last 20 years. I hope were not looking to replicate the results......

you're serious?

We will see how it plays out I guess. We certainly are sitting with a lot of votes of confidence in our corner with all this swirl.

If the schools goal is to just focus on being a top 50 academic institution then fine whatever. Academic ranking will be battling the growth of corporate certification programs over the next decade in addition to other schools. Graduate programs and certification programs outweigh undergrad school choice in hiring today. It's only specific disciplines you see the name of the university carry a heavier weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.