JG3 —> Europe, 5th year, or Coaching? | Syracusefan.com

JG3 —> Europe, 5th year, or Coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cstate

Scout Team
Sorry to start a new JG3 thread, but his last thread somehow turned into a “he can’t run fast or jump high thread!”

Serious question as I do not follow or have the knowledge of Pro basketball outside of the United States. Does Joe have the ability to play pro ball in Europe after this season? Would everyone be upset if he stays here and plays his “Covid year?” Or does he leave after this year and retire/start grad-student coaching somewhere?

Last edited:
Whatever he decides for next year, he’s got a good head start coaching and working with kids in the Glens Falls area having started and working basketball camps. He’ll do well long term regardless of his more immediate decision next year.

Sorry to start a new JG3 thread, but his last thread somehow turned into a “he can’t run fast or jump high thread!”

Serious question as I do not follow or have the knowledge of Pro basketball outside of the United States. Does Joe have the ability to play pro ball in Europe after this season? Would everyone be upset if he stays here and plays his “Covid year?” Or does he leave after this year and retire/start grad-student coaching somewhere?
He will be training...extremely hard...so as not to be exposed...

for the FineMess-funded 1 v 1 vs Tony DeFranco

Anthony Davis vs Tony deFranco

Apparently, not Tony's first rodeo...

Just for some clarity, “pro ball in Europe” encapsulates a lot of different levels of competition.

I’d say this, JB said, and I’m paraphrasing, that the guys playing for Cuse can play pro *somewhere* as a general statement.

No idea what Joe is doing next year, though.

Whatever he decides for next year, he’s got a good head start coaching and working with kids in the Glens Falls area having started and working basketball camps. He’ll do well long term regardless of his more immediate decision next year.

He absolutely can play pro *somewhere*, play another year of college ball or get on a coaching roster *somewhere*. Without a doubt.

I’m super hard on him, but he has plenty of options after this year. Let’s have him and this crew get us back in the tourney, then he can choose whatever he wants. All the luck to him.

Not sure what coming back another year would do for him, unless he just loves college and accumulating stats. Seems like playing in Europe or pursuing a coaching career would be his best options. Now, if we had a team coming back that could realistically compete for a championship, that would also be understandable, but...

If I were Joe, I'd take my degree and grad-transfer to an elite academic school like Stanford, or at the very least somewhere different and exciting. Life is all about experiences and you're only young once!

I think he’ll get into coaching, i could see him ending up as grad assistant on an America East team and learning the ropes, I could also see him playing on BA

Last edited:
If I were Joe, I'd take my degree and grad-transfer to an elite academic school like Stanford, or at the very least somewhere different and exciting. Life is all about experiences and you're only young once!

Agreed. He’s a bright kid and he has a lot options to weigh. Though I definitely see him going overseas and making some easy money.

Id be happy to have a 5th year Sr. shooting guard as long as his role is well defined before they decide.

Curious, for those players returning for a fifth covid year, if they break their respective schools records are those records annotated with an asterisk?

This is college hoops. You shouldn’t want to spend 10 years on the same team

Joe and Jesse both back.
Thanks for your definitive answer. I won't even ask for your source, for fear of being disappointed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom