Jimbo told the NFL that Manuel was a backup | Syracusefan.com

Jimbo told the NFL that Manuel was a backup

dasher

Living Legend
I guess saint doug and the Bills thought differently than the guy that some him everyday in practice.

Not much different than people questioning why Shafer doesn't play certain players.

Not sure St Doug had much say in that draft. Considering they are paying Kyle Orton $5 mil and think he can play, this news about EJ is not exactly shocking.

Not sure St Doug had much say in that draft. Considering they are paying Kyle Orton $5 mil and think he can play, this news about EJ is not exactly shocking.
Manuel is in his second year and was a top 10 pick.

Nobody circles the wagon the Buffalo Bills! Orton was better than I expected just from listening on the computer.

I have it from a solid source that EJ wasn't Doug's pick. You have to remember that Buddy Nix was still in charge then.

dasher said:
you are correct sir. Not my team. He went #16. Where do you think they could have got him?
who knows. They could've drafted kilo first and manuel second and wouldn't catch any heat . They needed a qb and tried. Fine with me. I just don't like that watkins trade even though he is amazing

who knows. They could've drafted kilo first and manuel second and wouldn't catch any heat . They needed a qb and tried. Fine with me. I just don't like that watkins trade even though he is amazing
If they didn't make that trade , Stevie Johnson would still be there and he would have dropped that pass if it was thrown right to him , like he did in numerous other game winning situations.

3rd round.
Pretty sure there was at least one other team that was going to take him in the first round if we didn't.

Just pretend Kiko was the first round pick and EJ the second. That's what I do. Oh, have you seen our 2nd round offensive tackle, Seantrel Henderson? Maybe one day that 7th rounder Kouandijo will be good.

longislandcuse said:
Pretty sure there was at least one other team that was going to take him in the first round if we didn't. Just pretend Kiko was the first round pick and EJ the second. That's what I do. Oh, have you seen our 2nd round offensive tackle, Seantrel Henderson? Maybe one day that 7th rounder Kouandijo will be good.
I would rather miss on a qb than hit on a rb. At least then you'd know that they know what is important

I can't imagine the numbers Nassib would have put up if he played for FSU. Manuel struggled vs decent competition for FSU.
nassib wouldn't have had as much time to develop - they would've sat him for manuel. might not have ever gotten to the point where he could flourish

nassib wouldn't have had as much time to develop - they would've sat him for manuel. might not have ever gotten to the point where he could flourish

Probable but say injuries put Ryan at QB1, he may have never let it go. One thing I really like to look at for guys that play QB1 at power schools is how they play when they face a stern D that can handle their offensive talent. Manuel struggled then when he didn't have the best athletes.

Drafting Manuel means that the Bills committed the original sin in pro football--falling in love with a college QBs physical attributes, and gambling that you can coach him up into being a good QB. Manuel might have been a physical specimen, but he lacked the touch and feel for the game that, say, a Teddy Bridgewater has.

Teams expend first round picks every year on QBs like Manuel, who generally fail to develop or live up to their physical potential.

Probable but say injuries put Ryan at QB1, he may have never let it go. One thing I really like to look at for guys that play QB1 at power schools is how they play when they face a stern D that can handle their offensive talent. Manuel struggled then when he didn't have the best athletes.
as a senior yes. but nassib had the benefit of having no one at all breathing down his neck for two years before he was any good

Exactly . The one game he had to do something other than just show up was that game at NCSU that they lost and cost them any chance at the NC, he had no heart and Mike Glennon beat him and is now a starting QB in the NFL and he is not.

Drafting Manuel means that the Bills committed the original sin in pro football--falling in love with a college QBs physical attributes, and gambling that you can coach him up into being a good QB. Manuel might have been a physical specimen, but he lacked the touch and feel for the game that, say, a Teddy Bridgewater has.

Teams expend first round picks every year on QBs like Manuel, who generally fail to develop or live up to their physical potential.
the worst sin in pro football is to not draft qbs. if you don't draft a qb, you're not going to get a qb. missing on a 15th pick is not that big a deal. the vikings made a mistake with ponder but who cares now that they have bridgewater.

i'm trying to convince myself that orton has 5 years left in the tank. it's not like he's some big armed specimen, he is already like an old man, maybe he can play til he's 56.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom