Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This^^^
And if I'm Jimmy and have a chance to play with my lil' bro and 70+ something Dad? Yeah, I take that blessing.
Life is too short and it wouldn't be a charity offer. He can play.
This would be subtraction by addition if we took Jimmy. Nothing against Jimmy but if he was on the floor, one of our other forwards wouldn't be. And that would not help us.

If Jimmy wants to come to Syracuse then he should be welcomed.
Just don’t expect that many minutes.
No more should be said.
Stuff like this is where Syracuse and it’s fans can give the HC Jim Boeheim support.
Getting to be around your kids is special.

No way Jimmy stole your girl too?

Making exaggerations about Buddy and Jimmy seems to be his schtick. I get it - I think Buddy is playing too much also. But this guy seems to think taking his point to the extreme makes for quality reading or something.

Making exaggerations about Buddy and Jimmy seems to be his schtick. I get it - I think Buddy is playing too much also. But this guy seems to think taking his point to the extreme makes for quality reading or something.
It is kind of sad. We see this with local kids all the time. If you remember Andy Rautins was the anti G-Mac for quite a while. I don't know if local kids don't mind seeing kids from far away play for the Orange but when they see a kid they played against or saw at the mall, it bothers them. Whatever.

Buddy is the dedicated 3 point shooter on this team, he missed time before the season and again when he was CT'd. It is imperative to get him on track and in a grove before conference play begins. James game looks like it has blown up bigly.

No chance this works out well for us when we have good players like Bras getting DNP'd regularly.

He's a good enough player at this point to get minutes for a legit program. Not sure why he didn't find another team when it was clear no Ivys this year?

Oh, Christ. Him and Buddy each playing 36 minutes a game will be the death of me.
JB wouldn’t play Jimmy 36 MPG.
He knows better than that.
He is stubborn but I can’t imagine he would have the hubris to play Jimmy more than a deep rotation kid if he came here.

No chance this works out well for us when we have good players like Bras getting DNP'd regularly.

He's a good enough player at this point to get minutes for a legit program. Not sure why he didn't find another team when it was clear no Ivys this year?
Maybe he wanted a Ivy degree? Who wouldn't want one of those after spending 3 years at a Ivy. Plus, I guess he will have two years to play now. Some school will get a solid enough player. But I hope it won't be here. And I don't believe it will be.

Buddy is the dedicated 3 point shooter on this team, he missed time before the season and again when he was CT'd. It is imperative to get him on track and in a grove before conference play begins. James game looks like it has blown up bigly.
Oh God. he can help some P-5 team as a reserve or a spot starter. Let's not make him something more than he is.

38 minutes a game then?
If Jimmy came here and JB played him over 30 minutes in any non blowout or multiple OT game it would mean he is playing out of his mind.
I am not worship JB guy by any means but I know he isn’t going to do something that stupid.

Buddy plays too much most agree but we don’t have many options so JB has that excuse. The wings and forward position has depth.

If Jimmy came here he would be the 4th or 5th option.

Maybe he wanted to complete that Cornell degree. I sure as heck would.

I've come around a little bit on this. Jimmy would actually be a "decent" one year replacement for Dolezaj at the 4. Quincy is really the only other player on the roster right now that can play the 4. And likely a better option than Braswell much as I do like Bras. No, I don't think Jimmy could play minutes at the 5 like Marek does. It would be nice if Marek returns but I don't see it. I think he'll be playing for cash overseas next year. Maybe a better chance of Sidibe returning. If he can get healthy he may feel he has unfinished business. I would like to see another option come in that could be an option with whomever wins out among the 3 C's (Frank is likely starter next year imo).

If he comes it’s positive imo. To me having your kids around is a certain energy for a father. He’s almost 80 and if he’s gonna coach id rather him surrounded by family.

the competitive part he will make work. He’s not gonna derail a season just to get his kids minutes. Buddy isn’t the issue w the guard situation right now it’s Girard.

We should send him over here then - Otto's Grove

He'd be right at home.

Groovey. I did spend a good deal of time at the Orange Grove on Westcott sipping Gene Cream Ale pounders. When Buddy catches fire from 3, which he will, the Boeheim family haters will be scattered.

If Jimmy came here and JB played him over 30 minutes in any non blowout or multiple OT game it would mean he is playing out of his mind.
I am not worship JB guy by any means but I know he isn’t going to do something that stupid.

Buddy plays too much most agree but we don’t have many options so JB has that excuse. The wings and forward position has depth.

If Jimmy came here he would be the 4th or 5th option.
Griffin really elevated his game against Buffalo. When sid comes back something has to give. The first game QG came off the bench. That will not happen now. If Griffin continues to improve cannot come off bench. Buddy cannot play PG.
Starting Lineup
Sid
Marack
QG
Griffin
Richmond

buddy 6th man
This may cause JB to run more of a rotation.

Griffin really elevated his game against Buffalo. When sid comes back something has to give. The first game QG came off the bench. That will not happen now. If Griffin continues to improve cannot come off bench. Buddy cannot play PG.
Starting Lineup
Sid
Marack
QG
Griffin
Richmond

buddy 6th man
This may cause JB to run more of a rotation.
Actually, it was Griffin who came in as the 6th man in the first game (vs. Bryant). It may not have seemed like it because he played 37 minutes, according to the ESPN box score.

Maybe he sees if Q will leave for the nba or not. The plan for Benny was to be a 2 year guy and really shine sophmore year. We’ll see

I'm absolutely all for Jimmy coming here for an extra body

Maybe he sees if Q will leave for the nba or not. The plan for Benny was to be a 2 year guy and really shine sophmore year. We’ll see

I'd be shocked if Q stays another year. IMO he should stay but guys have been so eager to leave as early as possible in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom