Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very fashionable to not consider ideas that other people hold which are not congruent with their own. Such is the state of society nowadays.
Oh no, I'm all for considering other's ideas. However, I consider the source of those ideas. I actually thought the idea of Jimmy playing for pops could be good. You promoting it changed my mind.

Buddy gets too many minutes. It drove off goodine, can’t help but think some of those minutes only because he was jimmys kid. If jimmy jr came here would he get more minutes than he deserves ??? Can’t take him if the answer to that question is yes. And that would be too bad because he could be a nice bench player in a limited role.
Goodine lost minutes, based on his play. Period.

Coach Boeheim will probably sleep with his mom to get him on the team. I also heard a rumor JB is paying this kid's rent. Hopefully the NCAA doesn't find out.
To that point: what if JB gave Buddy an allowance of say $4,500.00/month. If Buddy were to share some of that with his teammates, is that a violation?

Oh no, I'm all for considering other's ideas. However, I consider the source of those ideas. I actually thought the idea of Jimmy playing for pops could be good. You promoting it changed my mind.
Sorry I don't fall into you neatly delineated worldview of how a human being should think and act.

USC has the business school and Jason Hart on staff...

Sorry I don't fall into you neatly delineated worldview of how a human being should think and act.
I'm not familiar with your worldview or how that plays into this conversation. What I am sure of is that you're way off base a lot.

You guys are bananas with the takes. If Jimmy and Jim want to make this happen, it's gonna happen. I just find it odd that a kid who is now UNABLE to play at Cornell now b/c of the ivy league rules (a school he selected to play at which was, checking notes, an hour from Syracuse) is going to pack up for one year and go play on the other side of the country at a time when we don't even know what the future has in store for anyone.

It makes no sense to me.

I would gather he is going to play at Syracuse or, if he's not interested at all in Varsity Pizza, Zigwiches or 44 days to St Patricks Day, he'll go to a non ACC team nearby (BC, Uconn, Nova).

Darn it. Why did a reasonable poster like you have to say that. Now I'm conflicted.

It seems like every single year for whatever reason we always don't have enough good players on our roster, due to injuries, or drama or recruiting misses, etc. Not taking Jimmy seems crazy to me.

He seems like a very safe bet -- he's a legitimately skilled big man who is mature and should be able to get us 8-10 points and 4-5 rebounds per game. And he wouldn't be coming here to audition for the NBA, he would be coming to win games.

Buddy was better than Goodine. Honestly at this point, I trust coach to put the right guys out there to win. I'd rather guys who can play the system vs the guys recruited who may be able to play the system.

From the small bite size i've seen of Jimmy he's a smart player with a nice stroke. The team would take on a diff look than we are accustomed (less athletic for sure) but it would sure as hell be a smart team.
They were two different types of players, I am not arguing that Buddy did not deserve to start. Buddy lacks athleticism and as with most shooters he ran hot and cold. There were times when he had trouble getting his shot off against certain D's and certain defenders. Goodine was good enough to deserve some run. This has long been a problem with Jimmy and bench use,
Goodine lost minutes, based on his play. Period.
You gotta have minutes before you can lose em. Goodine never had minutes or a fair shot to play thru any mistakes. He looked pretty good near the end of the season to me. IMHO, he could have helped all along if given a fair shot.

You guys are bananas with the takes. If Jimmy and Jim want to make this happen, it's gonna happen. I just find it odd that a kid who is now UNABLE to play at Cornell now b/c of the ivy league rules (a school he selected to play at which was, checking notes, an hour from Syracuse) is going to pack up for one year and go play on the other side of the country at a time when we don't even know what the future has in store for anyone.

It makes no sense to me.

I would gather he is going to play at Syracuse or, if he's not interested at all in Varsity Pizza, Zigwiches or 44 days to St Patricks Day, he'll go to a non ACC team nearby (BC, Uconn, Nova).
It doesn't make sense to you that a 22/23 year old would jump at an opportunity for a new experience that is hundreds if not thousands of miles away from your parents? I would think it is a dream for many. Is it for Jimmy? Only he knows. I seriously doubt Covid has anything to do with his decision of where to go. A lot of kids don't really think that way.

Best for both parties that he ends up elsewhere, and that's absolutely not a dig at Jimmy. He will be a key contributor somewhere. It just won't be here, and nothing wrong with that. Washington could be a nice fit with their business school, and...well, you know. I'd love to be able to watch him late night, and with Walton calling many of his games.

Though, if I'm putting school ranks aside, then I'd enjoy watching him play in the A-10. But, is he in a serious relationship? If not, then ASU is the spot for him. And even if he is, a break never hurts. All because of that #35 business school rank, of course. Not those #1 ranks in other aspects.
As an ASU alumnus, even this nerdy biologist can vouch for the wisdom of this post.

It doesn't make sense to you that a 22/23 year old would jump at an opportunity for a new experience that is hundreds if not thousands of miles away from your parents? I would think it is a dream for many. Is it for Jimmy? Only he knows. I seriously doubt Covid has anything to do with his decision of where to go. A lot of kids don't really think that way.

agreed I’m just spitballing and think the fact he went to Cornell vs say Princeton is he may like being in CNY?

my bigger take is I’d take him in a heartbeat

agreed I’m just spitballing and think the fact he went to Cornell vs say Princeton is he may like being in CNY?

my bigger take is I’d take him in a heartbeat
And the Boeheim's seem to be a tight family unit. I could see it happening with it being JAB's swan song. Either with Jimmy as a player or a grad assistant. Maybe one year of each.

I'm not familiar with your worldview or how that plays into this conversation. What I am sure of is that you're way off base a lot.
Maybe I am. However this case, James coming to SU, wanted to head off the cadre of full time Boeheim haters and bashers that besmirch every move the man makes, especially in relation to his sons. James (can't bring myself to call him Jimmy, he's too much of a man) was ontrack to challenging for the scoring title and POY honors in the Ivy. Any other player of this capability and people here would be begging for him to come. He's not some bench scrub.

Listen If we are not going to recruit 4 and 5 star recruits coming out of high school we need to recruit 4 and 5 star Grad Transfers and Traditional Transfers. This would be an all time fail on JB and the staff. Jimmy is a 4 star transfer talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom