Class of 2016 - Jimmy Boeheim Verbal to Cornell | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Jimmy Boeheim Verbal to Cornell

Can you imagine what goes with being named Jimmy Boeheim and going to Syracuse? If he chose to lay low and play D2 or something, I would understand completely.

I mean, he grew up here, so I'd imagine he does know. Even he ends up somewhere else there's no doubt in my mind he'd eventually transfer to SU.

Had a D-I assistant coach tell me that he looked like he'd be a great player for Ivy or Patriot league teams. The coach told me that if Amaker wasn't involved with so many high-level recruits, Jimmy would probably be at Harvard. Super smart kid.

Holy sheet, didn't realize he's 6'8"! probably a generous measurement but still...much taller than I thought. Hope he has a great season at Northampton and has some bigger offers

As someone who has played against him, 6'8" is veryyyy generous. Would say he's about 6'6".
How recently have you played against him? One of my good friends graduated HS at 6'5 and was 6'8 by the end of freshman year of college. I was growing through senior year of HS.

How recently have you played against him? One of my good friends graduated HS at 6'5 and was 6'8 by the end of freshman year of college. I was growing through senior year of HS.
Yeah I mean that is quite possible. I played against him two years ago, but very well could have grown.

Considering we don't have a 2 guard penciled in anywhere on next years roster, it's almost not crazy bringing him in.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Cornell and host Cornell one of those 4 years so he can play on a court with his name on it.

Looks like this kid out a TON of work in from where he started.

Yeah I mean that is quite possible. I played against him two years ago, but very well could have grown.
Most guys who get to well above 6' grow between soph and sr year of highschool, that's age 16-18

Considering we don't have a 2 guard penciled in anywhere on next years roster, it's almost not crazy bringing him in.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Cornell and host Cornell one of those 4 years so he can play on a court with his name on it.

Looks like this kid out a TON of work in from where he started.
At this point it wouldn't surprise me to see him in Orange.

Are Duarte and Ayala significantly better targets than Jimmy? At this point I think he is Orange. He is putting up great numbers at a legitimate prep school that we regularly recruit from.

If Jimmy comes JB is staying until he and Buddy leave SU. This would be the greatest father and sons teams in NCAA history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom